LOL !! Feinstein jumps Obamacare ship !

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
ROTFLOL !!

California Democrat Signs Onto A Bill That Would Allow People To Keep Their Health Insurance Plans

Dianne Feinstein

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has decided to co-sponsor legislation from Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) that would require insurance companies to continue offering their existing health care plans, becoming the most high-profile non-red state Democrat to buck party lines on the Affordable Care Act.

Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday that she has received nearly 31,000 calls, emails, and letters from Californians detailing insurance-policy cancellations and premium spikes that have come with the implementation of Obamacare.

She thinks Landrieu's bill is a way to fix that.

"This bill provides a simple fix to a complex problem," Feinstein said in the statement.

"The Affordable Care Act is a good law, but it is not perfect. I believe the Landrieu bill is a commonsense fix that will protect individuals in the private insurance market from being forced to change their insurance plan. I hope Congress moves quickly to enact it."

Among other things, the "Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act" would "grandfather" in all health insurance plans that existed as of Dec. 31, 2013, not March 23, 2010, meaning that insurers could continue to offer a number of plans that they have been forced to cancel under the Affordable Care Act.

C ustomers in the individual insurance market are finding they cannot keep their current policies if they have changed since the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010 and don't meet certain minimum requirements of the law. Insurers are even canceling some plans that they are legally entitled to continue offering because the law changes the economics of doing so.

In her statement, Feinstein included the story of a phone call from a Rancho Mirage, Calif., man, who now receives just about the same coverage for $400 more a month.

Feinstein's public support for the bill serves as another sign that Democrats are becoming angsty over the Affordable Care Act's disastrous implementation, which has included that now-infamous broken promise and a dysfunctional website. Last week, President Barack Obama met with every Senate Democrat up for re-election to hear their concerns.

Before Feinstein, Landrieu's bill had three other red-state Democrats as co-sponsors — Sens. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.).

California Democrat Signs Onto A Bill That Would Allow People To Keep Their Health Insurance Plans - Yahoo Finance

ROTFLOL !!

California Democrat Signs Onto A Bill That Would Allow People To Keep Their Health Insurance Plans

Dianne Feinstein

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has decided to co-sponsor legislation from Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) that would require insurance companies to continue offering their existing health care plans, becoming the most high-profile non-red state Democrat to buck party lines on the Affordable Care Act.

Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday that she has received nearly 31,000 calls, emails, and letters from Californians detailing insurance-policy cancellations and premium spikes that have come with the implementation of Obamacare.

She thinks Landrieu's bill is a way to fix that.

"This bill provides a simple fix to a complex problem," Feinstein said in the statement.

"The Affordable Care Act is a good law, but it is not perfect. I believe the Landrieu bill is a commonsense fix that will protect individuals in the private insurance market from being forced to change their insurance plan. I hope Congress moves quickly to enact it."

Among other things, the "Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act" would "grandfather" in all health insurance plans that existed as of Dec. 31, 2013, not March 23, 2010, meaning that insurers could continue to offer a number of plans that they have been forced to cancel under the Affordable Care Act.

C ustomers in the individual insurance market are finding they cannot keep their current policies if they have changed since the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010 and don't meet certain minimum requirements of the law. Insurers are even canceling some plans that they are legally entitled to continue offering because the law changes the economics of doing so.

In her statement, Feinstein included the story of a phone call from a Rancho Mirage, Calif., man, who now receives just about the same coverage for $400 more a month.

Feinstein's public support for the bill serves as another sign that Democrats are becoming angsty over the Affordable Care Act's disastrous implementation, which has included that now-infamous broken promise and a dysfunctional website. Last week, President Barack Obama met with every Senate Democrat up for re-election to hear their concerns.

Before Feinstein, Landrieu's bill had three other red-state Democrats as co-sponsors — Sens. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.).

California Democrat Signs Onto A Bill That Would Allow People To Keep Their Health Insurance Plans - Yahoo Finance

LAMO

What a ****... I despise Stretch Pelosi with a passion. Maybe she can take Orwells spot

-Geaux

ObamaExcuses.jpg

This was inevitable.

The implementation of a massive new bureaucracy like this will expose all kinds of holes and weaknesses within the plan. So now we're going to see an ongoing parade of bureaucratic Band-Aid after Band-Aid after Band-Aid, layer after layer after layer, all of which will increase its costs and complexities.

Is anyone surprised? Did anyone not expect this?

Come on.

Last edited:

This was inevitable.

The implementation of a massive new bureaucracy like this will expose all kinds of holes and weaknesses within the plan. So now we're going to see an ongoing parade of bureaucratic Band-Aid after Band-Aid after Band-Aid, layer after layer after layer, all of which will increase its costs and complexities.

Come on.

I expected lots of problems, but I didn't think they were stupid enough to go live until they were sure the website was ready.

And I also didn't think Obama was stupid enough to guarantee all Americans if they liked their current plans they could keep them.

This was inevitable.

Come on.

I expected lots of problems, but I didn't think they were stupid enough to go live until they were sure the website was ready.

And I also didn't think Obama was stupid enough to guarantee all Americans if they liked their current plans they could keep them.

Yeah, I have to admit the lies were a shock. Right to our face, over and over and over incredible. My only guess is that he figured that the HHA information, provided in 2010, would not get out.

Still, pretty surprising.

Last edited:

This was inevitable.

Come on.

Yeah, I have to admit the lies were a shock. Right to our face, over and over and over incredible. My only guess is that he figured that the HHA information, provided in 2010, would not get out.

I think he was so focused on getting his signature legislation passed, and getting re-elected, that he was willing to deal with the fallout of his lies later.

This was inevitable.

Come on.

What could go wrong with something so simple?

obamacare-stack-381x350.jpg

Last edited:

This was inevitable.

Come on.

he didnt think anyone would care if he lied

he has been doing it so long

Don't give her too much credit she is still an ass that called Obamacare "good law." We were lied to about stuff they can not hide what else is in that monstrosity that they lied about we don't know?
"

The insurance companies have always believed that Obamacare was new law. So a lot of these policies that are being cancelled right now are EXTINCT. They vaporized.

Democrats Knew about this in July of 2010 when they were writing the mandates for Obamacare, make no doubt about that.--It was brought to their attention on the Senate floor that millions would lose their current policies. THEY DID NOTHING.

Now that they're getting thousands of angry constituents calling them--they are in full PANIC mode.

Now the question becomes--CAN ANYTHING BE DONE? Obama is talking about subsidizing these millions--breaking another promise that his Obamacare won't add a "single dime to the deficit"--certainly Republicans aren't going to go for that. Insurers would have to re-write their policies to get the old ones back. How long is that going to take? Then most importantly--how does Obama pay for Obamacare? This was a planned event in Obamacare. Eliminate the individual market--forcing millions into Obamacare at a (higher cost to millions) to pay for Obamacare.

Obama's signature bill is going down in a BALL OF FLAMES.

images

The Loyalty among Big Government Thugs is So Endearing.

Just Sayin'.

This was inevitable.

Come on.

ObamaCare is to Big Insurance & Government Contractors what Quantitative Easing is to Wall Street.

O-Care and QE make make both Too Big Too Fail due to Government Interference and Dependence...and we'll being paying for them forever.

The opening post is quite a leap from what was said but SOP around here. Carry on with your looney assumptions. :lol:

This was inevitable.

Come on.

ObamaCare is to Big Insurance & Government Contractors what Quantitative Easing is to Wall Street.

O-Care and QE make make both Too Big Too Fail due to Government Interference and Dependence...and we'll being paying for them forever.

That's an excellent analogy.

The opening post is quite a leap from what was said but SOP around here. Carry on with your looney assumptions. :lol:[/Q

You think LIBERALS would learn that ANYTIME the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT gets their hands into private sector business they are going to F... it up big time. This is glaring evidence of that.

Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, the Dirivitives market eliminating the Glass/Stegall Banking act of the 1930's collapsed our economy in 2008--and LIBERALS want more big government in their lives to manage it--:lol::lol:

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: To insure the unisured. EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: Uninsuring the insured.

"Government is not the solution, it's the problem"--Ronald Reagan

Last edited:
Nobody has jumped ship, they are still sailing.

Really--:lol: This is the Titanic and it's going down quickly. There is no way they're going to be able to fund Obamacare without eliminating the individual insurance market.

That's why Jose's insurance premiums jumped $400.00 dollars per month for the same insurance--and why Diane Fienstein has already received 33,000 complaints from constituents.

Jose is now required to pay for coverage he doesn't need. Maternity--mental health-and-drug abuse coverage and a list of other items that are in the Obamacare insurance mandates.

Now Obamacare is due to move into the employer mandates in 2014--eliminating millions more from the policies THAT THEY LIKE--and were promised they could keep.

Obama cannot fund Obamacare without everyone and I mean everyone moving to their more expensive plans. And now that Democrats are jumping ship in mass on this--because they fear they will lose their jobs--if they don't distance themselves from Obamacare--and fix this problem--which I don't believe they can without lighting a torch to the entire bill--they're done.

And as we all know the number 1 concern of any politician is keeping their own jobs. Obama is a lame duck--he is not running for re-election, everyone else is or will be.

Americans will refuse to pay higher premiums--when they were promised lower premiums--PERIOD. Republicans are not going to subsidize Jose's premiums at $400.00 a month after being promised by Obama time and time again that this wouldn't add a dime to the deficit.

That's why Obamacare will go down in flames.

images

Last edited:

Forum List

Back