London on Lockdown

I don't know which poor people you know, but none that I know are feral cats. That sounds really racist. You know, the "they're animals" thing.

We have very strict rules in our state about public assistance. The days where it pays to have more and more babies are gone.

You can take your sterilization program and shove it. How dare you call other human beings, "feral cats".

You have no idea how tough life is for some of these folks.

Well, feral cats is much too nice a term for the hooligans rioting and looting in London and other cities. They are the scum of the earth and hanging would be too good for them!

I found this article pretty interesting and a little frightening. It describes in part, or in theory anyway, what has led up to these riots. (and it isn't liberals, dammit!) And predicts in a way a problem for years to come.

What do you think of it, Colin?

London riots point to much wider risks of youth unrest | Reuters

Here's what I find interesting. You're happy with an article (which are opinion based, not necessarily fact based) and, because that article doesn't reference liberal policies, you'll accept it on face value. Articles are just opinions Ravi. They are no more valid than your opinion or my opinion. I base my opinion about the riots on the research provided by social scientists in the UK in particular, but also across Europe.

Cool! Cameron says the police can 'use whatever means necessary' to stop the thugs. Let's hope they opt for deploying firearms officers with a 'shoot to kill' policy. LMAO. They won't but it would be fun.
Fun to see seven year old's shot?

I don't think it would be at all.

Meh, probably not. But.... if you have 7 year olds setting alight to buildings in which people are living... those 7 year olds are likely to kill someone. That ok? These feral critters need to be stopped. And I personally don't really care how.

Well, feral cats is much too nice a term for the hooligans rioting and looting in London and other cities. They are the scum of the earth and hanging would be too good for them!

I found this article pretty interesting and a little frightening. It describes in part, or in theory anyway, what has led up to these riots. (and it isn't liberals, dammit!) And predicts in a way a problem for years to come.

What do you think of it, Colin?

London riots point to much wider risks of youth unrest | Reuters

Here's what I find interesting. You're happy with an article (which are opinion based, not necessarily fact based) and, because that article doesn't reference liberal policies, you'll accept it on face value. Articles are just opinions Ravi. They are no more valid than your opinion or my opinion. I base my opinion about the riots on the research provided by social scientists in the UK in particular, but also across Europe.

Thanks for your opinion, but I was asking Colin for his.

:thup:

Cool! Cameron says the police can 'use whatever means necessary' to stop the thugs. Let's hope they opt for deploying firearms officers with a 'shoot to kill' policy. LMAO. They won't but it would be fun.
Fun to see seven year old's shot?

I don't think it would be at all.

Yes, the UK is beginning to look like the Gaza Strip.

The only difference is they have fewer rocks to throw.

I also just watched the Prime Minister on TV, trying to talk tough with a touch of hand
wringing. I've seen it all before, hopefully this Prime Minister means it. The one thing that
would change things would be the sudden appearance of jobs.
This is not going to happen
anytime soon. Also if and when it does, and more work appears, the word will go out, and
polish people, and other eastern europeans who can come here in any amount they want,
will come to England and take the jobs. What would you do if you're an employer, look
for England's feral, give me for nothing youth, or a hard working pole? No contest. Any
leader of this country ends up just trying to keep a lid on problems instead of tackling them.

Why work when it's easier to just bust down a window and steal it. :eusa_angel:

No curfew, but at least one MP has called for one.

One of London's most prominent and liberal MPs has called for a curfew to be imposed this evening.

In a sign that attitudes are hardening after a night of rioting, Hackney Mp Diane Abbott, who is usually associated with civil liberties campaigns, called for the move after surveying the wreckage on her constituency.

"I have not heard of a curfew on mainland Britain in the past century," she said.

London MP demands curfew

I don't understand why there wasn't one from the first night, or at least the second.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of leftists together, this behavior is everything democrats wish the tea party could be.......

Very difficult to impose a curfew on a 24 hour, 8 million city like London. I think it would
have to get worse for that to happen. Interesting how last night in London they did'nt
come out to play. Let's see what happens tonight. As for Manchester, this is mainly some
stupid youths who see an opportunity to steal. Watching a few of them being interviewed
on TV was an eyeopener. They don't give a toss for anybody or anything. The way to deal
with them is for the police to go in hard with batons and rubber bullets. They need to be
taught a hard lesson. If it carries on till Friday night, a night when 1000s of people come into
the city centre for a night out, there could be real trouble. How are the police supposed to
do their normal policing role, and deal with gangs of thieves at the same time?

Very difficult to impose a curfew on a 24 hour, 8 million city like London. I think it would
have to get worse for that to happen. Interesting how last night in London they did'nt
come out to play. Let's see what happens tonight. As for Manchester, this is mainly some
stupid youths who see an opportunity to steal. Watching a few of them being interviewed
on TV was an eyeopener. They don't give a toss for anybody or anything. The way to deal
with them is for the police to go in hard with batons and rubber bullets. They need to be
taught a hard lesson. If it carries on till Friday night, a night when 1000s of people come into
the city centre for a night out, there could be real trouble. How are the police supposed to
do their normal policing role, and deal with gangs of thieves at the same time?
Why not just impose the curfew at night? Sure it isn't easy but it would certainly stop a lot of bad behavior.

One of London's most prominent and liberal MPs has called for a curfew to be imposed this evening.

In a sign that attitudes are hardening after a night of rioting, Hackney Mp Diane Abbott, who is usually associated with civil liberties campaigns, called for the move after surveying the wreckage on her constituency.

"I have not heard of a curfew on mainland Britain in the past century," she said.

London MP demands curfew

The Police have been told they can use rubber bullets. That I would imagine would be worse than a curfew and Dianne needs to think of all her constituents and what is happening at the moment is just mindless hoodlum violence effecting them too.

Law and order needs to be regained and then time taken to review the situation.

I don't understand why there wasn't one from the first night, or at least the second.

I don't think anyone expected what has happened. The first day began with a genuine grievance. Also there is a wish to deal with this through normal police methods. Presenting a curfew creates it's own problems an illustrates a problem not in control. It would be a big step for us to take and with the Olympics coming up there is an even greater desire to show the world we can deal with this through normal police procedures.

16,000 police on the streets of London last night seems to have had the desired effect, calls for water cannon by all parties...something which I heard the police say last night was not at all suitable for the situation

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/theresa-may-water-cannon-riots

Last edited:

London MP demands curfew

The Police have been told they can use rubber bullets. That I would imagine would be worse than a curfew and Dianne needs to think of all her constituents and what is happening at the moment is just mindless hoodlum violence effecting them too.

I don't think anyone expected what has happened. The first day began with a genuine grievance. Also there is a wish to deal with this through normal police methods. Presenting a curfew creates it's own problems an illustrates a problem not in control. It would be a big step for us to take and with the Olympics coming up there is an even greater desire to show the world we can deal with this through normal police procedures.

16,000 police on the streets of London last night seems to have had the desired effect, though Cameron has also said water cannon can be used...something which I heard the police say last night was not at all suitable for the situation

England riots: day four aftermath live | UK news | guardian.co.uk

That's an odd rational. A curfew is control. It is almost the first thing imposed when we have riots over here.

London MP demands curfew

16,000 police on the streets of London last night seems to have had the desired effect, though Cameron has also said water cannon can be used...something which I heard the police say last night was not at all suitable for the situation

England riots: day four aftermath live | UK news | guardian.co.uk

That's an odd rational. A curfew is control. It is almost the first thing imposed when we have riots over here.

Well I am retired and I have never known one in Britain.

London MP demands curfew

Let me explain why there wasn't one.....

Try implementing a curfew in one of the world's biggest business centers. Not exactly practical. London is a 24/7 economy - and Britain has a struggling economy already. Implementing a curfew would cost the country untold billions of desperately needed revenue. Good idea? No. But again, makes great media.

At least one MP has called for BlackBerry Messenger to be shut down too. Doesn't make it right... or feasible.... but it makes great media coverage.

Rioting is rapidly spreading across Britain's capital. There are cars being torched and overturned within sight of our balcony. It's getting worse by the day. Supermarkets are all closing to avoid being targetted by looters. And I'll echo the comment pages of all the major British news outlets: the majority of the rioter/looters/scum are ethnic minorities. The police's hands are largely tied because their boots are cemented in political correctness (blimey, that almost read like an emergency distress signal).

I'm the only gun owner in the building, for what precious little my ancient BSA 12-bore will do. Still, stiff upper lip an' all that.

There are cameras everywhere, identify them, locate them and deport them. They no longer deserve to live in England.

London was anyway not much of a "tourist attraction" despite the huge tourists visiting the city.
How will this revolt affect tourism?

Rioting is rapidly spreading across Britain's capital. There are cars being torched and overturned within sight of our balcony. It's getting worse by the day. Supermarkets are all closing to avoid being targetted by looters. And I'll echo the comment pages of all the major British news outlets: the majority of the rioter/looters/scum are ethnic minorities. The police's hands are largely tied because their boots are cemented in political correctness (blimey, that almost read like an emergency distress signal).

I'm the only gun owner in the building, for what precious little my ancient BSA 12-bore will do. Still, stiff upper lip an' all that.

There are cameras everywhere, identify them, locate them and deport them. They no longer deserve to live in England.

We don't deport our own citizens. We did 300 years or so ago in the Highland clearances, many of them went to the US. Are you wanting these people too? :doubt:

Forum List

Back