London on Lockdown

A few days loss of profit would be cheaper than replacing all the burnt down buildings.

Honestly, you have no idea what that would mean to Britain in general. It wouldn't be just London. It would be every major city across the country. That's not 'a few days lost profits', it would cost the country thousands of jobs when international companies decide they'd be better off elsewhere. They'd have to close everything. It would bankrupt an already shaky economy within days. And reputationally, Britain would take decades to recover. Foreign business wouldn't come to a country that shuts down entirely because of kids running amok.

They may as well hand the keys to China. :lol:

A few days loss of profit would be cheaper than replacing all the burnt down buildings.

Honestly, you have no idea what that would mean to Britain in general. It wouldn't be just London. It would be every major city across the country. That's not 'a few days lost profits', it would cost the country thousands of jobs when international companies decide they'd be better off elsewhere. They'd have to close everything. It would bankrupt an already shaky economy within days. And reputationally, Britain would take decades to recover. Foreign business wouldn't come to a country that shuts down entirely because of kids running amok.

They may as well hand the keys to China. :lol:
Yes, it is so much better for their reputation to let looters run wild for four days.

I think it is not too much of an overstament to suggest that the riots in England have damaged its reputation as a civilized nation.

Not to overstate that, of course, England is a civilized place I might still visit.

But the perception that it is entirely civil place certainly has taken a serious hit.

Rioting is rapidly spreading across Britain's capital. There are cars being torched and overturned within sight of our balcony. It's getting worse by the day. Supermarkets are all closing to avoid being targetted by looters. And I'll echo the comment pages of all the major British news outlets: the majority of the rioter/looters/scum are ethnic minorities. The police's hands are largely tied because their boots are cemented in political correctness (blimey, that almost read like an emergency distress signal).

I'm the only gun owner in the building, for what precious little my ancient BSA 12-bore will do. Still, stiff upper lip an' all that.

There are cameras everywhere, identify them, locate them and deport them. They no longer deserve to live in England.

We don't deport our own citizens. We did 300 years or so ago in the Highland clearances, many of them went to the US. Are you wanting these people too? :doubt:

My opinion, when you riot and loot and try to burn down your country you no longer deserve to be a "citizen." keep them if you want them wee sure as hell don't.

I think it is not too much of an overstament to suggest that the riots in England have damaged its reputation as a civilized nation.

Not to overstate that, of course, England is a civilized place I might still visit.

But the perception that it is entirely civil place certainly has taken a serious hit.
The prime minister sure looks the fool. After three days of rioting he vows to crack down???

The prime minister sure looks the fool. After three days of rioting he vows to crack down???

Actually, he said that first a couple of days ago. I don't think he looks a fool. Must be that 'conservative' label he has.

Forced sterilization? My, you are a Nazi. Control freak.

Yeah, let's punish those children for being born. Abort them. Abort any child that is born to a poor person.

Let's not let any poor person even have sex, in case they MAY get pregnant. And let's not let them have any contraception either, not even condoms.

I work with children that you'd like to see go hungry.

LOL... did i say forced? I likened the problem to the feral cat population. spaying and neutering is working well to improve the quality of life.

How about if, when you are on the dole.... you must agree not to have any children while on the dole? If you have children when you apply...any more children will not get you any extra money.... if you want more... make what you are getting cover the new ones you have...

its called

personal responsibility.

I don't know which poor people you know, but none that I know are feral cats. That sounds really racist. You know, the "they're animals" thing.

We have very strict rules in our state about public assistance. The days where it pays to have more and more babies are gone.

You can take your sterilization program and shove it. How dare you call other human beings, "feral cats".

You have no idea how tough life is for some of these folks.

Let's see... You can compare rioters to fire, but you get all pissy if they are compared to feral cats. You are a joke!

Rioting is rapidly spreading across Britain's capital. There are cars being torched and overturned within sight of our balcony. It's getting worse by the day. Supermarkets are all closing to avoid being targetted by looters. And I'll echo the comment pages of all the major British news outlets: the majority of the rioter/looters/scum are ethnic minorities. The police's hands are largely tied because their boots are cemented in political correctness (blimey, that almost read like an emergency distress signal).

I'm the only gun owner in the building, for what precious little my ancient BSA 12-bore will do. Still, stiff upper lip an' all that.

There are cameras everywhere, identify them, locate them and deport them. They no longer deserve to live in England.

We don't deport our own citizens. We did 300 years or so ago in the Highland clearances, many of them went to the US. Are you wanting these people too? :doubt:

Actually, wasn't it Australia that was your penal colony? That worked out real well... for Australia. :lol:

I think the general feeling when I talk to my neighbours and friends is that all these people
who think they can run amok destroying and robbing need to be taught a lesson. Things
have gone far enough, the police have been damaged by unfair critisism for too long. Many
of these young people in different parts of the country have laughed at authority for years.
Everyone of these scum has a lawyer to defend the undefenceable. We, the real English
people, have had just about enough. Hopefully, if we get more of this tonight, the police
can move in and dish out a real lesson that if you behave in this way, you will be punished.

Actually, he said that first a couple of days ago. I don't think he looks a fool. Must be that 'conservative' label he has.
He said it Tuesday. The riots started Saturday.

Saturday + Sunday + Monday = 3 days.

Actually, wasn't it Australia that was your penal colony? That worked out real well... for Australia. :lol:

Australia was indeed our penal colony. I was talking about deporting citizens. Highlanders were sent to the US.

I think the general feeling when I talk to my neighbours and friends is that all these people
who think they can run amok destroying and robbing need to be taught a lesson. Things
have gone far enough, the police have been damaged by unfair critisism for too long. Many
of these young people in different parts of the country have laughed at authority for years.
Everyone of these scum has a lawyer to defend the undefenceable. We, the real English
people, have had just about enough. Hopefully, if we get more of this tonight, the police
can move in and dish out a real lesson that if you behave in this way, you will be punished.

You say the police have been damaged by unfair criticism and yet it looks like the police did shoot and kill that man without cause.

You say the police have been damaged by unfair criticism and yet it looks like the police did shoot and kill that man without cause.

Having an illegal firearm is 'without cause'? Maybe where you live, but not in the UK. They shot first. He's dead. Better him than a police officer.

Australia was indeed our penal colony. I was talking about deporting citizens. Highlanders were sent to the US.

They lucked out. Trace them and ask. As did the 'criminals' y'all deported to Australia. Look how many Brits are applying to get into Australia now. No disrespect intended - I love Britain.

Having an illegal firearm is 'without cause'? Maybe where you live, but not in the UK. They shot first. He's dead. Better him than a police officer.

In my country, people get arrested for illegal activities. Not executed on the street.

They lucked out. Trace them and ask. As did the 'criminals' y'all deported to Australia. Look how many Brits are applying to get into Australia now. No disrespect intended - I love Britain.

Isn't that funny how that worked out?

In my country, people get arrested for illegal activities. Not executed on the street.

He wasn't 'executed', although I'm sure that sounds much more dramatic than the reality of the situation. He was armed. He had a criminal record. He was known to be potentially violent. Even his family are not outraged about the shooting, they were pissed that the police didn't inform them about what was going on.

Forum List

Back