London on Lockdown

=westwall;3986141]

You KNOW things are getting bad when the authorities expressly say you can use a weapon to defend yourself. In the UK that's simply extraordinary.

it most certainly is WW

hopefully, we can watch and learn from this evoloution they are enduring

By Andrew Hough, Tim Ross and Richard Alleyne

12:15AM BST 11 Aug 2011

Riot police were hit with “missiles” including bottles as more than 1,000 officers battled with dozens of middle-aged men on the streets Eltham, south-east London.

Witnesses reported that many of the 200 men were chanting in support of the English Defence League, the controversial Right-wing group.

The group had promised to defy police orders and mobilise their own forces to protect their families and businesses from mobs of looters.

Last night hundreds of police from eight separate forces tried to restore calm from the mainly white, middle aged men.

Earlier they had claimed they were “protecting” local shops and businesses for a second consecutive night.

London riots: vigilantes hurl bottles at police in Eltham - Telegraph

So, rumors that liberals are behind this turn out to be wrong.

By Andrew Hough, Tim Ross and Richard Alleyne

12:15AM BST 11 Aug 2011

Riot police were hit with “missiles” including bottles as more than 1,000 officers battled with dozens of middle-aged men on the streets Eltham, south-east London.

Witnesses reported that many of the 200 men were chanting in support of the English Defence League, the controversial Right-wing group.

The group had promised to defy police orders and mobilise their own forces to protect their families and businesses from mobs of looters.

Last night hundreds of police from eight separate forces tried to restore calm from the mainly white, middle aged men.

Earlier they had claimed they were “protecting” local shops and businesses for a second consecutive night.

London riots: vigilantes hurl bottles at police in Eltham - Telegraph

So, rumors that liberals are behind this turn out to be wrong.

You really are getting quite tiresome with your ludicrous US style partisan hackery! Who is saying liberals are behind it? Must be the usual partisan hacks of USMB I guess! Certainly not those of us who have to live and breath the situation.

One of our police has just been on the tv talking about people protesting that the police had not been more tough.

He said that not forgetting the tragedy which happened in Birmingham, it is totally amazing that after the past few days our hospitals are not full of people. He said he doubted if that would be the situation anywhere else in the world.

This goes along with what the Scottish policeman said on Newsnight, that the reason that police had stood by at the beginning was that to do otherwise would almost certainly have resulted in more violence and deaths.

I know a lot of people here have been calling for the rioters to be killed but I believe we can get over this a lot sooner not having our hospitals and morgues full.

One of our police has just been on the tv talking about people protesting that the police had not been more tough.

He said that not forgetting the tragedy which happened in Birmingham, it is totally amazing that after the past few days our hospitals are not full of people. He said he doubted if that would be the situation anywhere else in the world.

This goes along with what the Scottish policeman said on Newsnight, that the reason that police had stood by at the beginning was that to do otherwise would almost certainly have resulted in more violence and deaths.

I know a lot of people here have been calling for the rioters to be killed but I believe we can get over this a lot sooner not having our hospitals and morgues full.
I can agree with this as many innocents might have been killed mistakenly.

I still will never get the lack of curfew.

Sorry bout that,

1. I would of called in the military, seeing the cops were over whelmed.
2. And it would of been within two hours of the kick off!
3. Also I would of called for a curfew at the third hour.
4. And shot anyone walking the streets who was rioting after the fourth hour.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I can agree with this as many innocents might have been killed mistakenly.

For me it is all lives. It is much better seeing them face the law that watching on our tv the hospitals full and all the funerals - and yes, there would have been the innocent as well.

I still will never get the lack of curfew.

Well I know CG has said the economy but these have also been such a strange phenomenon that I am not sure how that would be done given that we had no idea where people would decide to go on the rampage and given that 99% was not due to political unrest but rather opportunistic criminality. By that I mean, I can see if tempers are raised a curfew may help but here they may just have planned more sophisticated mischief for the end of the curfew.

I think they have it sussed now. Now if something happened like race riots, then a curfew might be the right idea so that people could have some quiet time and resolution of the difficulties found.

Last edited:
Dianne Abbot though has just been on and said that in her area a shopping mall was being looted for 2 hours with no police around at all and she believes that just gave the green light to everyone that they could go on the loot and get away with it.

Obviously London had a new situation that they had never had before and that situation was dealt with by increasing London's police to 16,000. Still no need to kill, though.

Last edited:
Dianne Abbot though has just been on and said that in her area a shopping mall was being looted for 2 hours with no police around at all and she believes that just gave the green light to everyone that they could go on the loot and get away with it.

Obviously London had a new situation that they had never had before and that situation was dealt with by increasing London's police to 16,000. Still no need to kill, though.

Seems that quite a few of those who 'got away with it' have since discovered they did not actually 'get away' with jack shit. 1500 arrests. Works for me.

Seems that quite a few of those who 'got away with it' have since discovered they did not actually 'get away' with jack shit. 1500 arrests. Works for me.

They should sentence them all to 10 years of hard labor, rebuilding what they destroyed, but offer to reduce it to 9 years if they drop a dime on a few of their fellow thugs.

They should sentence them all to 10 years of hard labor, rebuilding what they destroyed, but offer to reduce it to 9 years if they drop a dime on a few of their fellow thugs.

That'll be the day! I doubt that much, if any, of the sentencing will match the crime. Four months, out in two for most I bet. I hope I'm wrong, but that has been the norm in the past.

That'll be the day! I doubt that much, if any, of the sentencing will match the crime. Four months, out in two for most I bet. I hope I'm wrong, but that has been the norm in the past.

You haven't heard. Several councils are intending on dehousing them. Nottingham even suggested a way needed to be found to evict owner occupiers :eek:

The e-poll site has collected 100,000 signatures that people convicted should have their benefits removed which means the government must debate it.......so looks like lots of council tenants and housing association tenants may be penniless out on the street. Wonder what this would do for our crime figures? :eusa_think:

It was a quiet night in Manchester, the nearest place to me suffering these riots. It rained
heavily, which was maybe something to do with it. The police of course would have been
out all night watching and waiting. If this is over for now I suppose it is a relief. The talking
heads are on TV with their explanation for events. The trouble with many of our MPs is
that many of them have large amounts of minorities in their areas, many of whom do vote.
So they have to be very careful what they say, or they will lose their very well paid jobs. I
hope the powers that be realise we can't go on like this, waiting for the next outbreak of
violence. It'll take much cleverer people than me to come up with solutions. All I can do, is
wait for things to pick up so I can sell my house, and move away from this area of England
for good. We will go to live by the coast where our daughter is, and leave this for younger
and hopefully very smart people to deal with.
Ya, here in America it's called white flight, I'm sure there are many others just like you planning to leave the cities. I expect London will soon be like alot of Americas major cities that whites abandoned.

Instead of white flight, it should be white fight.

Those are not the only alternatives. I don't advocate Rioting or unnecessary killing. The Looting and Rioting should have been confronted before the momentum kicked in. Same holds for Riots in the USA or Anywhere else. You have many means of nonlethal force at your disposal. That includes Curfew, water cannon. You should consider training Military for crowd control too. Even for evacuation in National Emergency Disaster Relief. Equipping them with Riot gear to is helpful. Preparedness and Training beat out Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda any day. There is truly no sound reason for doing nothing. People end up jumping out of burning buildings as a result of that kind of thinking.

Exactly.

It was a quiet night in Manchester, the nearest place to me suffering these riots. It rained
heavily, which was maybe something to do with it. The police of course would have been
out all night watching and waiting. If this is over for now I suppose it is a relief. The talking
heads are on TV with their explanation for events. The trouble with many of our MPs is
that many of them have large amounts of minorities in their areas, many of whom do vote.
So they have to be very careful what they say, or they will lose their very well paid jobs. I
hope the powers that be realise we can't go on like this, waiting for the next outbreak of
violence. It'll take much cleverer people than me to come up with solutions. All I can do, is
wait for things to pick up so I can sell my house, and move away from this area of England
for good. We will go to live by the coast where our daughter is, and leave this for younger
Ya, here in America it's called white flight, I'm sure there are many others just like you planning to leave the cities. I expect London will soon be like alot of Americas major cities that whites abandoned.

Manchester rioters :eusa_think:

Machester riots 2011: How looters as young as 9 pillaged city centre | Mail Online

Attachments

• $article-2024203-0D5EF66400000578-774_470x728.jpg
    $article-2024203-0D5EF66400000578-774_470x728.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 39
  • $article-2024203-0D5EF6F000000578-314_472x730.jpg
    $article-2024203-0D5EF6F000000578-314_472x730.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32
  • $article-2024203-0D5EF6E800000578-5_964x788.jpg
    $article-2024203-0D5EF6E800000578-5_964x788.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 60
I like that your PM wants to treat it as a criminal problem. That almost sounds liberal of him....much the same way we should treat terrorists as a criminal problem and not a political problem.

But I do think they should rethink cutting so many things when so many are out of work. It will just feed into the criminal element.

Manchester rioters :eusa_think:

Machester riots 2011: How looters as young as 9 pillaged city centre | Mail Online

probably manchester irish. deport those animals.

Forum List

Back