Looking at all the Republicans victims, who suffers the most?

R

rdean

28porter-web-master675.jpg

A girl collecting plastic bottles from local parks in Arizona in 2012. Her mother was no longer receiving welfare checks because she had already participated in the program for the maximum amount of time allotted by the state. (I wonder what happened to her. Not that Republicans care)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/business/economy/a-strategy-to-ignore-poverty.html?_r=0

And if Paul Ryan, the Republican lawmaker from Wisconsin who is expected to become speaker of the House, has his way, poor people in many other states can expect similar treatment in the years ahead.

Peter Germanis, one of the White House advisers who help write President Ronald Reagan’s welfare reform proposal of 1986, called “Up From Dependency.” He has been affiliated with the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute, both conservative advocacy and research organizations in Washington.

Over the summer, Mr. Germanis published a startling confession. Writing “as a citizen and in my capacity as a conservative welfare expert,” he apologized for whatever role he may have had in the welfare reform enacted in 1996.

Arizona is a prime example of what has happened in states where Republicans rule. By now, only about nine out of every 100 poor families benefit from the cash welfare program, down from 55 percent two decades ago. This has nothing to do with the program’s objective of helping poor adults with children escape the stigma of welfare and get a job, still the best antipoverty tool there is. Arizona simply needed the money for something else.

-------------------------------------

I think it's clearly children who suffer the most under Republican leadership. A direct result of the "get 'em born, then fuck 'em, it's not my kid" political and ideological strategy of the GOP.

Just a quick search, this link does not say what Arizona time limit was in 2012 but in 2016 it is dropped down to 12 months...surly enough time to get a job...

Arizona sharply limits welfare to 12 months

Most states impose a five-year limit on welfare benefits. Thirteen states limit it to two years or less, and Texas has a tiered time limit that can be as little as 12 months but allows children to continue to receive funding even after the parents have been cut, welfare policy analyst Liz Schott said

YAWN

what Party is in power?
what Party has the presidency?
what Party controls 2 of the 3 branches of the law-making process??

gotta love left-wing losers admitting how irrelevant obama and democrats are; or how little they were able to "change" on their watch

:9:

the very same people bragging about "50 straight months of job growth" (almost 5 years) are the same idiots incredibly, crying how nothing's changed out of the other side of their mouths

which is it idiot???

Last edited:
A lot of adults could learn a thing or two from that girl..

A girl collecting plastic bottles from local parks in Arizona in 2012. Her mother was no longer receiving welfare checks because she had already participated in the program for the maximum amount of time allotted by the state. (I wonder what happened to her. Not that Republicans care)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/business/economy/a-strategy-to-ignore-poverty.html?_r=0

And if Paul Ryan, the Republican lawmaker from Wisconsin who is expected to become speaker of the House, has his way, poor people in many other states can expect similar treatment in the years ahead.

Peter Germanis, one of the White House advisers who help write President Ronald Reagan’s welfare reform proposal of 1986, called “Up From Dependency.” He has been affiliated with the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute, both conservative advocacy and research organizations in Washington.

Over the summer, Mr. Germanis published a startling confession. Writing “as a citizen and in my capacity as a conservative welfare expert,” he apologized for whatever role he may have had in the welfare reform enacted in 1996.

Arizona is a prime example of what has happened in states where Republicans rule. By now, only about nine out of every 100 poor families benefit from the cash welfare program, down from 55 percent two decades ago. This has nothing to do with the program’s objective of helping poor adults with children escape the stigma of welfare and get a job, still the best antipoverty tool there is. Arizona simply needed the money for something else.

I think it's clearly children who suffer the most under Republican leadership. A direct result of the "get 'em born, then fuck 'em, it's not my kid" political and ideological strategy of the GOP.

Here's an idea.

Get in contact with the person that wrote the story, find out who the girl and her mother are, and either adopt them, or send them a monthly check to cover their needs.

Maybe you can become the Sally Strothers of welfare moms kicked off the dole, and support those that either can't, or won't, support themselves.

Get a following.

Get some of those Hollywood types that vote for democrats to donate a percentage of their proceeds from their latest flop.

YAWN

what Party is in power?

gotta love left-wing losers admitting how irrelevant obama and democrats are; or how little they were able to "change" on their watch

Republican policies passed when they held the entire government fucked this country. Republicans retain enough power to make sure that trend will never be reversed. Hope that helps.

I would suggest that a large percentage of that blame belongs on the children's PARENTS.

Parents who decided to have kids they couldn't support. Parents who often seem to feel they are ENTITLED to monies and support they haven't EARNED. Parents who expect others to pay for them.

I see this in my wife's family, and worst of all the majority of our seven nieces/nephews say they don't want to live any other way when they grow up. Only two even talk about improving their lives when they're adults.

Until we as a society decide that we will not provide unending, refreshing support to these people, the generational expectations will never end.

Parents were on the dole for the maximum duration. What, they couldn't find a job in all that time? Oh, that's right, all the jobs in Arizona are going to illegals.

Parents were on the dole for the maximum duration. What, they couldn't find a job in all that time? Oh, that's right, all the jobs in Arizona are going to illegals.
The girl actually has an "illegal" look to her. Maybe she should go home...to Mejico...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

YAWN

what Party is in power?

Republican policies passed when they held the entire government fucked this country. Republicans retain enough power to make sure that trend will never be reversed. Hope that helps.

LOL!!

Obama: The greatest, most powerless POTUS EVAH!!!

YAWN

what Party is in power?

I am not a republican.

You are a moron.

So let me ask you.

You keep saying that blue states have all the excess cash...why don't they pull it together and take care of these problems.

After all, you keep bragging about how well off democrats are.

The answer is obvious - Donald Trump. Because his father "only" lent him $1 million...the cheap bastard...

I would suggest that a large percentage of that blame belongs on the children's PARENTS.

Parents who decided to have kids they couldn't support. Parents who often seem to feel they are ENTITLED to monies and support they haven't EARNED. Parents who expect others to pay for them.

I see this in my wife's family, and worst of all the majority of our seven nieces/nephews say they don't want to live any other way when they grow up. Only two even talk about improving their lives when they're adults.

Until we as a society decide that we will not provide unending, refreshing support to these people, the generational expectations will never end.
I agree when it comes to parents who declare a hatred for public education having children they cannot afford to home school or put in private school.

Here's an idea.

Get in contact with the person that wrote the story, find out who the girl and her mother are, and either adopt them, or send them a monthly check to cover their needs.

Maybe you can become the Sally Strothers of welfare moms kicked off the dole, and support those that either can't, or won't, support themselves.

Get a following.

Get some of those Hollywood types that vote for democrats to donate a percentage of their proceeds from their latest flop.

That was one of the first things that entered my mind while reading the story: there are no names here. I find that highly suspect.

And why is this girl collecting plastic bottles anyway? Do they give money for those bottles in Arizona, because they don't do that here. Aluminum cans, yes, but not bottles. In fact the city where I live discontinued the recycling program because the garbage company was charging us $90,000 a year to recycle, and we need every dime we can get.

I also suspect that the joker who wrote the article is only giving us some half-truths. Maybe that's why the so-called welfare mother remains anonymous.

I agree when it comes to parents who declare a hatred for public education having children they cannot afford to home school or put in private school.

I agree, though its nit public education per se that I hate; only the kevel of Government that funds and controls it. Any child of mine would be home or privately schooled.

Forum List

Back