Lousy Jobs Report

Are you saying sequester is the full reason for this? How many trillions is the government spending?

Full? No. Partial? Yes.

And "the trillions" in government spending was done by conservatives when they saw fit to cut taxes and invade/conquer/nation build 2 countries.

yet you just stated it was "unprecedented". Now which is it?

It is unprecedented.

Since Ronald Reagan, the Federal government has been giving states funds to hire state and local employees.

That stopped in 2010.

It's unprecedented.

Especially given the shape of the economy.

The USPS, because of conservative policies, are forced to finance retirement funds at levels not seen by any business or other government institution.

That, and they can't raise the price on services without congressional approval.

It's no secret conservatives are trying to kill a service mandated by the Constitution.

ya pumping 85 billion a month into the stock market is austerity. barry is taking care of his rich buddies.
austerity my ass

Since 2009?

The deficit has been going down.

Feel free to argue the facts and the reality.

but debt has been going up...
Projected and Recent US Federal Debt Numbers
.............Gross..............Debt Held..................

.............Federal Debt.......by Public.....Debt Held by
................................................Federal Reserve
FY 2013* $17.5 trillion $10.6 trillion $2.1 trillion
FY 2012* $16.4 trillion $9.7 trillion $1.9 trillion
FY 2011 $14.8 trillion $8.5 trillion $1.7 trillion
FY 2010 $13.5 trillion $8.2 trillion $0.8 trillion
FY 2009 $11.9 trillion $6.8 trillion $0.8 trillion
FY 2008 $10.0 trillion $5.3 trillion $0.5 trillion

“Gross Federal Debt” is the total debt owed by the United States federal government. It comprises “Debt Held by Public”, including foreign governments, debt held by federal government accounts such as IOUs owed to the Social Security trust fund, and “Debt held by Federal Reserve,” debt bought by the Federal Reserve System as part of the monetary base.

Full? No. Partial? Yes.

And "the trillions" in government spending was done by conservatives when they saw fit to cut taxes and invade/conquer/nation build 2 countries.

It is unprecedented.

Since Ronald Reagan, the Federal government has been giving states funds to hire state and local employees.

That stopped in 2010.

It's unprecedented.

seriously, Sallow you keep changing the goal post.
People are not blind.

ya pumping 85 billion a month into the stock market is austerity. barry is taking care of his rich buddies.
austerity my ass

Since 2009?

The deficit has been going down.

Feel free to argue the facts and the reality.

but debt has been going up...
Projected and Recent US Federal Debt Numbers
.............Gross..............Debt Held..................

.............Federal Debt.......by Public.....Debt Held by
................................................Federal Reserve
FY 2013* $17.5 trillion $10.6 trillion $2.1 trillion
FY 2012* $16.4 trillion $9.7 trillion $1.9 trillion
FY 2011 $14.8 trillion $8.5 trillion $1.7 trillion
FY 2010 $13.5 trillion $8.2 trillion $0.8 trillion
FY 2009 $11.9 trillion $6.8 trillion $0.8 trillion
FY 2008 $10.0 trillion $5.3 trillion $0.5 trillion

“Gross Federal Debt” is the total debt owed by the United States federal government. It comprises “Debt Held by Public”, including foreign governments, debt held by federal government accounts such as IOUs owed to the Social Security trust fund, and “Debt held by Federal Reserve,” debt bought by the Federal Reserve System as part of the monetary base.

You do understand the difference, right?

Between debt and deficit?

It is unprecedented.

That stopped in 2010.

It's unprecedented.

People are not blind.

What?

I haven't changed a thing.

Reagan SPENT WILDLY.

And on States.

And on hiring government employees.

Same with Bush/Clinton/Bush.

Now..that's been halted.

THAT'S UNPRECEDENTED.

You do know what that means..right?

It is unprecedented.

That stopped in 2010.

It's unprecedented.

People are not blind.
Which is why I refute one assertion of his and then ignore him the rest of the day, as he either moves the goal posts or simply stays on the talking points given to him.

Like today. The meme is that sequestration is responsible for a mediocre jobs report. It flies in the face of the facts AND common sense to even begin to think that a slight cut in pay and an increase of the number of employees is somehow responsible for all this.

usually, when I add jobs in one month and lose jobs in the next that total less than the gains, I have not lost jobs.....pretty rudimentary logic.

The truth is, government needs to lose about 500k more jobs. Somehow, I don't see that happening until we get a real statesman in office.

Do you happen to have one? lol

Nothing I see our govern doing seems designed to improve the employment picture.

Not unless we're talking about employment at one of SIX major banks, at least.

Lowest Labor Force Participation rate since 1979!

Welcome back Carter.

It is unprecedented.

That stopped in 2010.

It's unprecedented.

People are not blind.
Which is why I refute one assertion of his and then ignore him the rest of the day, as he either moves the goal posts or simply stays on the talking points given to him.

Like today. The meme is that sequestration is responsible for a mediocre jobs report. It flies in the face of the facts AND common sense to even begin to think that a slight cut in pay and an increase of the number of employees is somehow responsible for all this.

usually, when I add jobs in one month and lose jobs in the next that total less than the gains, I have not lost jobs.....pretty rudimentary logic.

The truth is, government needs to lose about 500k more jobs. Somehow, I don't see that happening until we get a real statesman in office.

Do you happen to have one? lol

You don't effectively "refute" anything..you basically have a fantasy world and base all your "facts" on that fantasy world.

The government needs to lose 500k jobs?

Does the US need to lose land mass and population as well?

Please don't use the word "logic". Because you have no real idea what that means.

The government losing 500K jobs sounds like a good start.

...........................................................^^^^Why TMN is a moron^^^^

Posters who just post links without the courtesy of additional commentary prove their intellectual inadequacy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back