Lousy Jobs Report

You know some clueless adolescent leftist twit will be ecstatic that the u rate when down to 7.6 percent.......

One would think that with all the great profits companies have been showing that they'd take that money and reinvest it in themselves to improve their infrastructures and expand their businesses, thus creating jobs.
That's is what is happening in Germany.
I spoke with a German fellow who heads up an investor group looking to invest in American manufacturing companies. He stated that he is having a tough time finding American companies that would be good investments. He said it's not the state of the companies balance sheet but it's what these companies do with their profits. In America a large majority profits go to the shareholders and very little comes back for reinvesting into the company, where as in Germany it's the opposite. What the practice of reinvesting back within the companies does is modernize their operations and give the companies opportunities to expand their operations and thusly expand their profits long-term. He said companies that don't reinvest in themselves are poor investments because they are not trying being competitive.
Look at Germany's unemployment pattern thanks to the aggressive approach German companies are taking.
Right now, there are penalties for reinvestment in political terms. Additionally, there are a lot....and I mean A LOT of resources that are being expended to deal with the AHA that will be hitting us at the end of the year.

Having said that, I think I would take what a Euro has to say regarding business and economic output with a grain of salt given the monetary and business situation in Europe. The entire EU is beginning to teeter and that is not good news for anyone.

Employers are cutting back because Obama care is only 9 months away.

Many companies, in order to remain in business, are cutting full time employees to part time employee to avoid the costs. Which is why I was surprised by the number of hours per week number going up. The article attributes that to overtime, but I think it has more to do with the increase of people working from the past twelve months.

However, the jobs report in April really aren't the ones to watch for. When we get into September to December, then we'll see how much the new tyranny will cost us.

They were "cutting back" before and off shoring jobs.

What was the trouble then? Eh?

They had everything they asked for..low taxes..low interest rates and soft regulation.

They absolutely failed to hire in droves.

Quite the opposite. They off shored.
None of which is true. But you run with that. They have been cutting back because there was no economic activity to justify the expense of employees beyond their need. They have NOT had low taxes, low interest rates are harming them through inflation and devaluation of the dollar, and this country is so heavily regulated that the individual is in violation of two laws before the even brush their teeth in the morning.

Fail.

Epically.

None?

What the fuck are you talking about??

It HAPPENED TO ME.

I lost a job I held for 13.5 years BECAUSE of offshoring. I had to take a 15K cut when I took my new job. Guess what? They do it here too. Half my team is in..guess where?

India.

Pune to be exact.

You just don't have any fucking idea what the heck you are talking about.

Not only have government employees not lost their jobs, but the government intends to hire tens of thousands of new employees as "Navigators" to explain obamacare to individuals.

Ummmm perhaps you can't read the chart: Table B-1 of the Employment Situation
Government jobs dropped 7,000 with Federal jobs dropping 14,000 (mostly USPS). While state government increased 9,000, local governments dropped 2,000.

7000 of how many employed? 2 million 766 thousand. A drop in the bucket. They hired 14,000 the month before. And the USPS is due to their over run budget which has been an ongoing problem for decades in which they had re-payment of loans come due.

Not only have government employees not lost their jobs, but the government intends to hire tens of thousands of new employees as "Navigators" to explain obamacare to individuals.

Government jobs dropped 7,000 with Federal jobs dropping 14,000 (mostly USPS). While state government increased 9,000, local governments dropped 2,000.

7000 of how many employed? 2 million 766 thousand. A drop in the bucket. They hired 14,000 the month before. And the USPS is due to their over run budget which has been an ongoing problem for decades in which they had re-payment of loans come due.

The USPS, because of conservative policies, are forced to finance retirement funds at levels not seen by any business or other government institution.

That, and they can't raise the price on services without congressional approval.

It's no secret conservatives are trying to kill a service mandated by the Constitution.

The USPS, because of conservative policies, are forced to finance retirement funds at levels not seen by any business or other government institution.

That, and they can't raise the price on services without congressional approval.

It's no secret conservatives are trying to kill a service mandated by the Constitution.

ya pumping 85 billion a month into the stock market is austerity. barry is taking care of his rich buddies.
austerity my ass

A liberal, trickle up, economic "recovery"............If only we could get another trillion dollar spending stimulus

federal government only lost 7000 jobs

if anything is costing jobs my bet is it is the result of the PPACA

Only?

That doesn't take into account attrition and not replacing retiring employees.

This is unprecedented.

unprecedented? Care to show us the tables proving your assertion?
May of 2010 there were 3 million 413 thousand employed by the federal government. And in Feb 2013 they hired 14,000, then let go 7000 in Mar 2013 with a net gain of 7000 employees over these past 2 months. Obviously nothing to do with the sequester over the last couple of months.

Last edited:
federal government only lost 7000 jobs

if anything is costing jobs my bet is it is the result of the PPACA

Only?

This is unprecedented.

Are you saying sequester is the full reason for this? How many trillions is the government spending?

Full? No. Partial? Yes.

And "the trillions" in government spending was done by conservatives when they saw fit to cut taxes and invade/conquer/nation build 2 countries.

ya pumping 85 billion a month into the stock market is austerity. barry is taking care of his rich buddies.
austerity my ass

Since 2009?

The deficit has been going down.

Feel free to argue the facts and the reality.

Only?

This is unprecedented.

Are you saying sequester is the full reason for this? How many trillions is the government spending?

Full? No. Partial? Yes.

And "the trillions" in government spending was done by conservatives when they saw fit to cut taxes and invade/conquer/nation build 2 countries.

yet you just stated it was "unprecedented". Now which is it?

Now you know why sane people didnt want the sequester to go through

So you are trying to tell us that taking $22 billion out of a $16 trillion economy, which is less than 1%, is crippling the recovery?

Are you that stupid?

Never mind, I forgot who I was talking to, my bad.

Your wrong on this the sequestor hit millitary towns and the like, not stupid million dollar grants on why fruit flys have sex.

500,000 people dropped out of the work force. 7 thousand is a tick under 1.5% of that number. The effects of government loss is negligible. Most of the job loss in the US Government was USPS and that was people retiring out early.

People seem to ignore the fact that taxes have gone up ( a direct hit on business) and they are also ignoring that revisions have been upward generally, which means this report when finalized, will be a bit better than it is now.

I'm just surprised at the streets reaction. I would have thought that theft of money by EU bankers in Cypress would have been more of an agitator.

Only?

This is unprecedented.

Full? No. Partial? Yes.

So you are up set we are cutting conservative spending?

I am happy to cut spending, no matter what. We have needed to for decades, I don't care who signed the budgets.

Forum List

Back