Lousy Jobs Report

Ummm there's no time limit on being unemployed. No long term unemployed are excluded from either numerator or denominator.

That is incorrect. The BLS excludes long term unemployed who have just plain given up looking for a job from the workforce. In order to be counted as part of the workforce, an individual must indicate they want a job or are available for work. People who have given up are not counted. Not counting them is disingenuous as many driven to that state wouldn't feel that way if they economy weren't so horrible.

I do hear this a lot but I've always wondered: where do they go?

If they give up looking for work, it's because......... what? They didn't really need the money anyway? Did they suddenly become independently wealthy? Or did they just give up looking for work and now they sit at home and starve to death?

No way this is a serious question, right? You can't be this dense...

That is incorrect. The BLS excludes long term unemployed who have just plain given up looking for a job from the workforce. In order to be counted as part of the workforce, an individual must indicate they want a job or are available for work. People who have given up are not counted. Not counting them is disingenuous as many driven to that state wouldn't feel that way if they economy weren't so horrible.

If they give up looking for work, it's because......... what? They didn't really need the money anyway? Did they suddenly become independently wealthy? Or did they just give up looking for work and now they sit at home and starve to death?

Then answer it smartfuck.

Amaze us all with your brilliance.

Just glance at my previous post --- it should even give low intelligence O-bots like yourself a clue...

Just glance at my previous post --- it should even give low intelligence O-bots like yourself a clue...

You didn't answer the question.

Your previous post doesn't answer it either. You need links for those numbers anyway. Otherwise we think you're making it all up.

Your previous post doesn't answer it either. You need links for those numbers anyway. Otherwise we think you're making it all up.

You are retarded... I don't NEED anything... if you want to challange my numbers you are more than welcome to look for your own... The numbers are the FACTs...

People who quit looking for work fall into 3 categories.

1) Retirement - early or otherwise
2) Get by with outside help (husband or wife on their income alone, mom and dad, move in with friends)
3) government assistance --- as I pointed out with my FACTS in said, earlier post

Everyone who unwillingly leaves the labor-force fits into one of those groups...

Here is the real story... I get so sick of the liberal "pick and choose" method of evaluating the state of the American force.

New economic numbers out today stink to high heaven! A paltry 88K jobs added. A net 496K dropping out of the labor force. The lowest labor participation rate since 1979.

Oh goody gumdrops media, unemployment dropped from 7.7% to 7.6%. Hey, if everyone just gives up looking for work that number will be ZERO.

Oh well, the media’s only job is to make O’s low-info crowd happy. This has been happening since January 2009. Since O took office:

1) 1.4 million more are on Federal disability. More than the population of Hawaii.

2) 9.46 million more are out of the labor force. The population of HI plus Virginia.

3) 10 million more now live in poverty. The population of HI, VA plus Wyoming.

4) 16 million more are on food stamps. The population of HI, VA, WY plus Missouri.

Brain-dead Obots re-elected the worst president in our lifetime. TRUTH!

bush and Reagan were far worse. bush murdered hundred of thousands of innocent Iraqis to have his costly war. Reagan administration had dozens of convictions and indictments although some were pardoned by bush 1 and of course he spent like a drunken sailor (reagan that is). Hoover, like bush2, was in office when the great depression started. he was preceded by 2 republican administrations. FDR got social security pushed through because there were only a handful of republicans in congress and they were afraid to show their faces. If there had been more of these miserable republican pigs, then to this day we wouldn't even have social security.
The economy is better since Obama took office, in spite of republicans actively working against him. The history since the 20's with the exception of Ike is that republicans run amuck and screw things up and democrats put things back together again. Without democrats and John Maynard Keynes USA would look like a third world country.

Last edited:
here is the real story... I get so sick of the liberal "pick and choose" method of evaluating the state of the american force.

New economic numbers out today stink to high heaven! A paltry 88k jobs added. A net 496k dropping out of the labor force. The lowest labor participation rate since 1979.

Oh goody gumdrops media, unemployment dropped from 7.7% to 7.6%. Hey, if everyone just gives up looking for work that number will be zero.

Oh well, the media’s only job is to make o’s low-info crowd happy. This has been happening since january 2009. Since o took office:

1) 1.4 million more are on federal disability. More than the population of hawaii.

2) 9.46 million more are out of the labor force. The population of hi plus virginia.

3) 10 million more now live in poverty. The population of hi, va plus wyoming.

4) 16 million more are on food stamps. The population of hi, va, wy plus missouri.

Brain-dead obots re-elected the worst president in our lifetime. Truth!

bush and reagan were far worse. Bush murdered hundred of thousands of innocent iraqis to have his costly war. Reagan administration had dozens of convictions and indictments although some were pardoned by bush 1 and of course he spent like a drunken sailor. Hoover, like bush2, was in office when the great depression started. He was preceded by 2 republican administrations. Fdr got social security pushed through because there were only a handful of republicans in congress and they were afraid to show their faces. If there had been more of these miserable republican pigs, then to this day we wouldn't even have social security.
The economy is better since obama took office, in spite of republicans actively working against him. The history since the 20's with the exception of ike is that republicans run amuck and screw things up and democrats put things back together again. Without democrats and john maynard keynes usa would look like a third world country.

lmao!!!!

You are retarded... I don't NEED anything... if you want to challange my numbers you are more than welcome to look for your own... The numbers are the FACTs...

2) Get by with outside help (husband or wife on their income alone, mom and dad, move in with friends)
3) government assistance --- as I pointed out with my FACTS in said, earlier post

Everyone who unwillingly leaves the labor-force fits into one of those groups...
LOL

Now was that so hard?

It was an honest question which you could have just answered in post 101 instead of being a dickhead.

You either made up those numbers in the earlier post or you're ashamed of the source. probably some partisan rag........

LOL

Now was that so hard?

It was an honest question which you could have just answered in post 101 instead of being a dickhead.

You either made up those numbers in the earlier post or you're ashamed of the source. probably some partisan rag........

US.gov --- been a shameful partisan rag for going on 5 years now...

Will those people obama shifted from working to comfy welfare ever be convinced to take care of themselves?

LOL

Now was that so hard?

Interesting, because when I googled "1.4 million more are on Federal disability. More than the population of Hawaii." someone's Facebook page came up (the only other one, other than your post 99)

Now who would that be?

There's no website for US.gov either. There's a USA.gov. I couldn't find your statistics anywhere on that website.

Last edited:
LOL

Now was that so hard?

Interesting, because when I googled "1.4 million more are on Federal disability. More than the population of Hawaii." this is the website that came up (the only one other than your post 99):

https://www.facebook.com/PaulaPriesse

Who's Paula Priesse?

There's no website for US.gov either. There's a USA.gov. I couldn't find your statistics anywhere on that website.

lol --- where do you think Paula got those numbers? usa.gov --- and then she did a little math.

See, if you want to figure out how many more people are on food stamps you take the number that were on food stamps before O took over and the number on food stamps today --- then you subtract them.

same process for for workforce, etc.

pretty simple...

LOL

Now was that so hard?

Interesting, because when I googled "1.4 million more are on Federal disability. More than the population of Hawaii." someone's Facebook page came up (the only other one, other than your post 99)

Now who would that be?

Did you happen to find any sources that show a different outcome?

I challange you to look for a liberal source for this data. Guess what! the msm isn;t going to tell you about this. This is how the dem party keeps people dumb enough to vote for them.

Now who would that be?

I challange you to look for a liberal source for this data. Guess what! the msm isn;t going to tell you about this. This is how the dem party keeps people dumb enough to vote for them.

Your avatar could not be more comically ironic: complaining about the lack of unity, while hurling insults to ensure that there's no unity.

So Congressional attempts to reign in the economy are working

God bless the sequester
Oh look. The resident 'head in ass' expert has opined.

Pulling money out of the economy results in reduced jobs growth.......surprise, surprise, surprise

About time for the looney toons to start screaming for another tax increase. Hell, we can get to third world status before this administration ends.

If that doesn't work, we can dump a horrible attempt at health care reform on top of that, and spew out regulations like there is no tomorrow. That ought to pretty well strangle the golden goose.

Now who would that be?

I've actually found many sources which claim the number of people on disability rose during Obama at a much higher rate than what you claim.

But like everything else, conservatives look at everything at face value.

They never consider underlying cause and effect:

Demographics Explain Most of Growth in Disability Insurance Beneficiaries

Testimony of Kathy A. Ruffing Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Before the Subcommittee on Social Security Committee on Ways and Means U.S. House of Representatives ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Forum List

Back