Lousy Jobs Report

I DID!!!!

That is why I am asking. They didn;t quantify it either... I am assuming that means they chose the word "most" because the truth was too ugly. Typical liberal trick. Half-truths are as good as full-truths if you are just feeding the sheep anyway...

Sentence right above Figure 1:

In December 2012, 8.8 million people received disabled-worker benefits from Social Security. Payments also went to some of their family members: 160,000 spouses and 1.9 million children. The number of disabled workers has tripled since 1980, and doubled since 1995

Reasons:

Baby boomers have aged into their high-disability years.

More women have qualified for disability benefits.

Social Security’s full retirement age rose from 65 to 66.

Legislative changes.

Workplace factors.

Rising cost and declining availability of health insurance.

Economic downturn.
Many observers — buttressed by press stories and academic studies[8] — assume that the Great Recession and its aftermath account for rapid growth in the disability rolls. Yet economists generally find that while a sour economy significantly boosts applications to the program, it has a much smaller effect on awards. The implication is that economic downturns tend to attract more marginal, partially disabled applicants, but their applications are more likely to be denied.[9] Therefore, while the economic downturn has surely contributed to the program’s growth, its influence should not be overstated.

um, you don't know what "quantitative" means, I guess. Listing the reasons is the feeding of sheep I was referring to...

"Because more pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.." would be "qualitative".

"Quantitative" would tell us how many pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.

See when you use a term like "most", without "quantitative" support - it leads me to believe that we are dealing with somebody who wants to make 51% look like 98%...

Here, I'll post the numbers again:

In December 2012, 8.8 million people received disabled-worker benefits from Social Security. Payments also went to some of their family members: 160,000 spouses and 1.9 million children. The number of disabled workers has tripled since 1980, and doubled since 1995

In case you missed it again:

Still didn't catch it? Well then, here it is again:

You're so good at math, having a hard time figuring this out?

Let me help you:

8.8 million divided in half means in 1995 there were 4.4 million people on disability.

That means, according to the link, the number of people on disability rose 4.4 million over the course of 17 years.

Does that qualify for quantitative?

Sentence right above Figure 1:

Reasons:

Baby boomers have aged into their high-disability years.

More women have qualified for disability benefits.

Social Security’s full retirement age rose from 65 to 66.

Legislative changes.

Workplace factors.

Rising cost and declining availability of health insurance.

Economic downturn.
Many observers — buttressed by press stories and academic studies[8] — assume that the Great Recession and its aftermath account for rapid growth in the disability rolls. Yet economists generally find that while a sour economy significantly boosts applications to the program, it has a much smaller effect on awards. The implication is that economic downturns tend to attract more marginal, partially disabled applicants, but their applications are more likely to be denied.[9] Therefore, while the economic downturn has surely contributed to the program’s growth, its influence should not be overstated.

um, you don't know what "quantitative" means, I guess. Listing the reasons is the feeding of sheep I was referring to...

"Because more pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.." would be "qualitative".

"Quantitative" would tell us how many pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.

See when you use a term like "most", without "quantitative" support - it leads me to believe that we are dealing with somebody who wants to make 51% look like 98%...

Here, I'll post the numbers again:

In case you missed it again:

Still didn't catch it? Well then, here it is again:

You're so good at math, having a hard time figuring this out?

Let me help you:

8.8 million divided in half means in 1995 there were 4.4 million people on disability.

That means, according to the link, the number of people on disability rose 4.4 million over the course of 17 years.

Does that qualify for quantitative?

No, you idiot... You obviously figured it out because you are now being purposely obtuse.

last month 236,000 jobs were added.

Dumbass. :lol:

bs. Assfucker!

Here ya go, dickhead:

February jobs report: Unemployment rate falls to lowest level since 2008 - Mar. 8, 2013

The U.S. economy added 236,000 jobs in February, according to a Labor Department report released Friday. That's much stronger growth than in January, when employers hired a revised 119,000 workers.

130308075825-jobs-report-030813-chart-620xa.gif

this is April, kiddo, not March, which is the report you are looking at for which tells us of February numbers.

The April report with March numbers shows from household data Feb. 143,492 were in the civilian workforce employed. March has 143,286, a loss of 206,000 jobs
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04052013.pdf
scroll to page 4.

corrected

Last edited:
You forgot to mention that I pwned Matthew.

And if you really cared about jobs you would be pushing the Republican House to spend money on infrastructure.

No thanks. I prefer real jobs that will LAST beyond a couple projects.

What?

There are thousands of bridges in this country that are in seriously bad shape. That's just the bridges.

We really need to focus on infrastructure if we ever hope to retain our "Superpower" status. Or even keep up.

Translation:

Union jobs

Reality:

Temporary jobs that dont last but cost us a fortune.

By the way I live in KC, a fairly large community and they repave the roads and work on the bridges here EVERY year. Almost to the point of absurdity since many of the roads, including my own street, weren't in need of repair to begin with. But you know the gov't has to justify the taxes so they send out 10 guys to repair one pothole.

bs. Assfucker!

Here ya go, dickhead:

February jobs report: Unemployment rate falls to lowest level since 2008 - Mar. 8, 2013

The U.S. economy added 236,000 jobs in February, according to a Labor Department report released Friday. That's much stronger growth than in January, when employers hired a revised 119,000 workers.

this is April, kiddo, not March, which is the report you are looking at for which tells us of February numbers.

The April report with March numbers shows from household data Feb. 143,492 were in the civilian workforce employed. March has 143,286, a loss of 206,000 jobs
scroll to page 4.

corrected
Try to pay attention, or re-up your ADD meds: This thread is about the lousy job figures for March. Last I checked, March was right after February, which had fantastic job numbers.

No thanks. I prefer real jobs that will LAST beyond a couple projects.

What?

There are thousands of bridges in this country that are in seriously bad shape. That's just the bridges.

We really need to focus on infrastructure if we ever hope to retain our "Superpower" status. Or even keep up.

Translation:

Union jobs

Reality:

By the way I live in KC, a fairly large community and they repave the roads and work on the bridges here EVERY year. Almost to the point of absurdity since many of the roads, including my own street, weren't in need of repair to begin with. But you know the gov't has to justify the taxes so they send out 10 guys to repair one pothole.
That's not the Federal government, it is your city/county/state government wasting money each year to re-pave roads which do not need it.

Perhaps you should look at cozy deals between local construction companies and local politicians.

Or you could go to your default and just blame Obama.

What?

Translation:

Union jobs

Reality:

That's not the Federal government, it is your city/county/state government wasting money each year to re-pave roads which do not need it.

Perhaps you should look at cozy deals between local construction companies and local politicians.

Do you see obamas name in my fuck8ng post?

No you dont.

I forget if you have rep or not as I type this but if you do say goodbye to a couple of them

Here ya go, dickhead:

scroll to page 4.

corrected
Try to pay attention, or re-up your ADD meds: This thread is about the lousy job figures for March. Last I checked, March was right after February, which had fantastic job numbers.

you just may need to up yours...
Look closely at the image. It ends with FEbruary - not March.
and here is your link -

Last edited:

scroll to page 4.

corrected

you just may need to up yours...
Look closely at the image. It ends with FEbruary - not March.
and here is your link -

You're a moron. If you can't follow the thread/conversation, then avoid commenting and embarrassing yourself. February had 236,000 new jobs, March had 88,000 new jobs.

Translation:

Union jobs

Reality:

No you dont.

I forget if you have rep or not as I type this but if you do say goodbye to a couple of them

Explain to me why you negged this post synthabitch. No mention of Obama. Just your imagination.

Do explain coward

No you dont.

Explain to me why you negged this post synthabitch. No mention of Obama. Just your imagination.

Do explain coward
Did you not neg me for mine?

And didn't you say:
But you know the gov't has to justify the taxes so they send out 10 guys to repair one pothole.

Since this is a thread about the Federal government's jobs report, which gov't were you talking about?

No you dont.

Do explain coward

And didn't you say:
But you know the gov't has to justify the taxes so they send out 10 guys to repair one pothole.

Since this is a thread about the Federal government's jobs report, which gov't were you talking about?

So you got no reason. That's what I thought. Just a petulant childish retort.

And for the record I was responding to Sallows suggestion that we work on bridges. You know, those things attached to LOCAL roads.

But im willing to bet you're too much of a bitch to neg him too huh?

Do explain coward

And didn't you say:

So you got no reason. That's what I thought. Just a petulant childish retort.
The reason is in the post you replied to.

Forum List

Back