Lousy Jobs Report

every article Im reading on this jobs report is sighting the sequester

Try reading something besides left wing nonsense.

BTW, the word is "citing", not "sighting".

Anyone who thinks the sequester had anything to do with this jobs report is beyond ignorant, and well into fantasy land. Oh, I forgot, that is where you lefties reside.

Interesting, because when I googled "1.4 million more are on Federal disability. More than the population of Hawaii." someone's Facebook page came up (the only other one, other than your post 99)

Now who would that be?

There's no website for US.gov either. There's a USA.gov. I couldn't find your statistics anywhere on that website.

Did you happen to find any sources that show a different outcome?

I challange you to look for a liberal source for this data. Guess what! the msm isn;t going to tell you about this. This is how the dem party keeps people dumb enough to vote for them.

I've actually found many sources which claim the number of people on disability rose during Obama at a much higher rate than what you claim.

But like everything else, conservatives look at everything at face value.

They never consider underlying cause and effect:

Demographics Explain Most of Growth in Disability Insurance Beneficiaries

Testimony of Kathy A. Ruffing Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Before the Subcommittee on Social Security Committee on Ways and Means U.S. House of Representatives ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Could you please quantify "MOST" for us? I'd like to know what that really means...

Anyone who thinks the sequester had anything to do with this jobs report is beyond ignorant, and well into fantasy land. Oh, I forgot, that is where you lefties reside.
Then what is the cause of the bad jobs report?

Oh look. The resident 'head in ass' expert has opined.

Pulling money out of the economy results in reduced jobs growth.......surprise, surprise, surprise

So less than 1% of the total economy is responsible?

Don't fall into their trap, the government is spending more money right now than it did last year, and well over $1 trillion more than it did when Bush was in office. If trickle down government actually worked the economy would be booming.

The same thing that has been the cause of all of the jobs reports since O took over...

Bush, right?

Ummm there's no time limit on being unemployed. No long term unemployed are excluded from either numerator or denominator.

That is incorrect. The BLS excludes long term unemployed who have just plain given up looking for a job from the workforce. In order to be counted as part of the workforce, an individual must indicate they want a job or are available for work. People who have given up are not counted. Not counting them is disingenuous as many driven to that state wouldn't feel that way if they economy weren't so horrible.

I do hear this a lot but I've always wondered: where do they go?

If they give up looking for work, it's because......... what? They didn't really need the money anyway? Did they suddenly become independently wealthy? Or did they just give up looking for work and now they sit at home and starve to death?

Some take early retirement, others move in with relatives, but most start claiming a disability and become part of the welfare crowd.

Did you happen to find any sources that show a different outcome?

I challange you to look for a liberal source for this data. Guess what! the msm isn;t going to tell you about this. This is how the dem party keeps people dumb enough to vote for them.

I've actually found many sources which claim the number of people on disability rose during Obama at a much higher rate than what you claim.

Testimony of Kathy A. Ruffing Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Before the Subcommittee on Social Security Committee on Ways and Means U.S. House of Representatives ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Could you please quantify "MOST" for us? I'd like to know what that really means...
Oh, now see, that's why I posted the link.

So you can read all about it yourself.

And my link doesn't lead to my Facebook page.

Last edited:

I DID!!!!

That is why I am asking. They didn;t quantify it either... I am assuming that means they chose the word "most" because the truth was too ugly. Typical liberal trick. Half-truths are as good as full-truths if you are just feeding the sheep anyway...

I DID!!!!

That is why I am asking. They didn;t quantify it either... I am assuming that means they chose the word "most" because the truth was too ugly. Typical liberal trick. Half-truths are as good as full-truths if you are just feeding the sheep anyway...

Sentence right above Figure 1:

In December 2012, 8.8 million people received disabled-worker benefits from Social Security. Payments also went to some of their family members: 160,000 spouses and 1.9 million children. The number of disabled workers has tripled since 1980, and doubled since 1995

Reasons:

Baby boomers have aged into their high-disability years.

More women have qualified for disability benefits.

Social Security’s full retirement age rose from 65 to 66.

Legislative changes.

Workplace factors.

Rising cost and declining availability of health insurance.

Economic downturn.
Many observers — buttressed by press stories and academic studies[8] — assume that the Great Recession and its aftermath account for rapid growth in the disability rolls. Yet economists generally find that while a sour economy significantly boosts applications to the program, it has a much smaller effect on awards. The implication is that economic downturns tend to attract more marginal, partially disabled applicants, but their applications are more likely to be denied.[9] Therefore, while the economic downturn has surely contributed to the program’s growth, its influence should not be overstated.

I DID!!!!

Sentence right above Figure 1:

In December 2012, 8.8 million people received disabled-worker benefits from Social Security. Payments also went to some of their family members: 160,000 spouses and 1.9 million children. The number of disabled workers has tripled since 1980, and doubled since 1995

Reasons:

Baby boomers have aged into their high-disability years.

More women have qualified for disability benefits.

Social Security’s full retirement age rose from 65 to 66.

Legislative changes.

Workplace factors.

Rising cost and declining availability of health insurance.

Economic downturn.
Many observers — buttressed by press stories and academic studies[8] — assume that the Great Recession and its aftermath account for rapid growth in the disability rolls. Yet economists generally find that while a sour economy significantly boosts applications to the program, it has a much smaller effect on awards. The implication is that economic downturns tend to attract more marginal, partially disabled applicants, but their applications are more likely to be denied.[9] Therefore, while the economic downturn has surely contributed to the program’s growth, its influence should not be overstated.

um, you don't know what "quantitative" means, I guess. Listing the reasons is the feeding of sheep I was referring to...

"Because more pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.." would be "qualitative".

"Quantitative" would tell us how many pitt bull attacks have resulted in loss of limb.

See when you use a term like "most", without "quantitative" support - it leads me to believe that we are dealing with somebody who wants to make 51% look like 98%...

So Congressional attempts to reign in the economy are working

God bless the sequester

Top three stories about the jobs report.

Payroll-Tax Rise, Not Sequester, Blamed for Jobs Weakness - WSJ.com
Zandi blames Obamacare, not sequester, for bad jobs report | WashingtonExaminer.com
White House Blames Jobs Numbers on Sequester

Look at that, only people blaming the sequester are the idiots at the White House.

But wait a minute...WSJ disagrees with Zandi. And Zandi disagrees with WSJ.

So why do you assume that the White House has it wrong?

So Congressional attempts to reign in the economy are working

God bless the sequester

Top three stories about the jobs report.

Payroll-Tax Rise, Not Sequester, Blamed for Jobs Weakness - WSJ.com
Zandi blames Obamacare, not sequester, for bad jobs report | WashingtonExaminer.com
White House Blames Jobs Numbers on Sequester

Look at that, only people blaming the sequester are the idiots at the White House.

But wait a minute...WSJ disagrees with Zandi. And Zandi disagrees with WSJ.

So why do you assume that the White House has it wrong?

We know who runs the WH...

The same thing that has been the cause of all of the jobs reports since O took over...

Bush, right?
So, you are just talking out your ass again?

Forum List

Back