Love It!… Sarah Palin Brings Her Own Big Gulp With Her to CPAC Speech (Video)

That's it Sarah! Way to lead...

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

Extreme or Morbid Obese( BMI>40)

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

Number of Americans Overweight in 1960: 56.5 million

Number of Americans Overweight in 2006: 94.5 million

Number of Americans Obese in 1960: 24 million

Number of Americans Obese in 2006:
40 million

Number of American with extreme or morbid obesity in 1960:
1.6 million

Number of Americans with extreme or morbid obesity in 2006: 18.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

How on EARTH did this happen?!?

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

The data revealed that over the past 20 years:

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Food Portion Sizes Have Grown -- A Lot

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Fuck...this is Sarah Palin we're talking about. Who the hell am I kidding?

Who decides your eating and drinking choices? You or somebody else?

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.
Noooooo, what she did was very effectively point out the absurdity of big government nannies like Bloomberg, and the stupidity of those like you who can't manage their lives without government telling them how to do so.

I also loved what she said about background checks, and that maybe the liberal media should have done a "background check" on Obama's inept ass, long before he made it into the primaries.

You've lost the debate.

You're dismissed, idiot.

He gave up debating a long time ago. The last dozen or so of his posts have consisted entirely of personal attacks.
And it never ceases to baffle me why homos think that if they call someone else homo, then that's an insult. If being a homo is such a wonderful thing, then when why do they think calling you a homo is an insult?

Well, I quit trying to figure it out, because anyone that's homo is mentally ill anyway. Obviously there's more than just their sexual identity that's fucked up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zPh97qYd4]Youngest Brother Has the Highest Chance To Be Gay pt1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_bfVvo3dd8]Youngest Brother Has the Highest Chance To Be Gay pt2 - YouTube[/ame]​

Well, cite these tactics and who used them if you would....okay?

A decision was made by some Democrats to support Obama over Hillary. Hillary was a known commodity to them going back to 1992--16 years earlier. I would imagine that you know this but let me spell out the obvious; you don't spend 16 years active in Washington without ruffling a few feathers especially if you "served" in another branch of government and was checked by and checked on the partner branch. Laura Bush was a different type of First Lady than Hillary who was active in her husband's administration.

I can cite just the opposite if you want to go there.

There were very few who did such a thing. Certainly not enough to make McCain anywhere close to being viable as a joke much less a serious contender.

Well, when the facts are on your side, you have that privilege. You likely wouldn't understand the concept.

The sexism used by the Obama campaign (and the media) against Hillary was documented in many live interviews and articles. I will give you two. I will also note that when criticism was brought to light the Obama campaign was also quick to toss the "race card" around at both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro.

Media Charged With Sexism in Clinton Coverage
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/us/politics/13women.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign'

US Elections: Barack Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign' - Telegraph

There was also a study done By Kean University related to sexism in political campagins which noted both the sexist rhetoric used against Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin.

If interested you can download the complete study entitled. Have You Come A Long Way Baby? Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin,and sexism in the 2008 campaign. at Taylor and Francis online.

Still don't see the democratic party's "tactics" you spoke of earlier. In fact, the Telegraph article you cited says the following:

Mrs Clinton blamed the media rather than the Obama campaign, saying: "It's been deeply offensive to millions of women."

The media in the country, depending on the outlets, are not great; I'll grant you that. They're in the business of making great sums of money, not great stories. But that isn't the Democratic Party's fault.

Still in the book, "Game Change", the authors cite that many Senate Democrats simply didn't like Ms. Clinton. So there may be some truth to your, at least, insinuation that some Democrats preferred Obama to Clinton...but as for the "party"...well, that is just not true. The voters preferred Obama to Clinton that was clear. It was also clear that Clinton's campaign was hamstrung by infighting and mis-management on a scale that will boggle the minds of political scientists for generations to come. One stat I heard was that when Hillary won Texas, she picked up just as many delegates as Obama did when he won Idaho. The reason? They are awarded proportionally....for example winning 80% of the vote in Idaho for example gets you as many delegates as winning 40% in Texas. Hillary couldn't afford to campaign anywhere except the large states and hope to win them big. She won them but not by large enough margins.

So there is some truth to democrat leadership preferring Obama. But the people chose Obama, not the media and not the DNC. Either one could have trounced McCain and Romney 4 years later. Again, the Dems had 2 gold medal winners and only one gold medal to give out.

The media chose Obama...Just like the media chose McCain.. In the article I linked Geraldine Ferarro directly cited the Obama campaign as participating in the sexist rhetoric and riding it to his benefit, and it being picked up and touted by the media. To say that it was not engaged in by the democratic party is just untrue. As is the notion that only mis management was the cause for Hillary's loss. Witnesses who participated in the caucuses have said otherwise.

Snip...

When The Sunday Telegraph interviewed Miss Ferraro last year, she pledged her readiness to go into battle for her friend Mrs Clinton against Republican "dirty tricks". But now she's leading the backlash by women infuriated by the allegedly sexist treatment of their heroine.

She goes much further than most in singling out Mr Obama for blame, listing examples which she believes back up her claim that he was "terribly sexist":

His response to Mrs Clinton's reminiscences about learning to shoot as a girl at her grandfather's summer cabin in Pennsylvania. Miss Ferraro said: "He walked up and down the stage with his microphone like a stand-up comic and ridiculed her as an Annie Oakley," she said, quoting his reference to the legendary female sharpshooter. "Would he have ridiculed a man by comparing him to John Wayne? Of course not."

His apparently dismissive description of Mrs Clinton as "likeable enough" during a televised debate before the New Hampshire primaries.

His role in an earlier debate in Philadelphia when several of the male candidates running at the time were said to have ganged up on her, prompting Mrs Clinton to complain about the "boy's club" of US politics.

His "failure", Miss Ferraro claims, to speak out against other sexist acts such as lewd T-shirts, the men who shouted "Iron my shirt!" at Mrs Clinton and jibes about her "cackle".

Mr Obama also apologised to a female reporter he called "sweetie" in an aside that received widespread coverage.

Miss Ferraro saved her greatest ire for the media, however, where male pundits have regularly attacked Mrs Clinton.

One compared her to the obsessive Glenn Close character in Fatal Attraction.

"Obama wouldn't have been successful in pursuing the sexist line if the media had not picked it up," she said.

I also found it interesting that Hillary supporters turned activists have come out with claims of vote tampering and theft. One of which was a woman named Michele Thomas ( article below) . Although while participating in HIllary Clinton forums during the primaries I have heard of many many more...

Snip...

Michele Thomas started out as a volunteer for Hillary in Los Angeles, making thousands of phone calls from the local campaign office.

What she witnessed while volunteering for Hillary in the Nevada Democratic Party caucuses eventually turned her into an activist.

“The Obama campaign people were stealing the caucuses – throwing away votes, intimidating people from entering the caucus locations,” she said. “It was very systematic. The Obama supporters got control over the caucus packages and they manipulated the vote.”

She said she was astounded that the media was not interested in covering the alleged abuses.

“Everyone knew the Obama people were stealing the election,” she charged.

Howard Dean, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee at time, and then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi changed the rules in Obama’s favor as the primaries went on, Thomas said.

“The leadership of the Democratic Party were not going to let Hillary win the nomination; it didn’t matter what Democratic voters wanted,” she said.

By June 2008, Thomas said, the Democratic Party and the media declared Obama the winner of the Democratic Party presidential nomination even though Obama did not have the necessary number of delegates and Clinton, at most, was only a few behind Obama in the delegate count.

At that point, Thomas formulated a plan to make sure Clinton’s name was placed in nomination and her committed delegates were counted in the first ballot at the Democratic National Convention in August 2008.

Read more at Hillary supporter?s untold Obama horror stories

I HOPE it was a diet soda. Or, maybe green tea.

She has a nice figure for a lady her age.

2013-03-16T170259Z_1874240936_GM1E93H02UH01_RTRMADP_3_USA-REPUBLICANS-CPAC.JPG

You missed the point entirely. I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans on the ever increasing size of sodas. I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her.
Noooooo, what she did was very effectively point out the absurdity of big government nannies like Bloomberg, and the stupidity of those like you who can't manage their lives without government telling them how to do so.

I also loved what she said about background checks, and that maybe the liberal media should have done a "background check" on Obama's inept ass, long before he made it into the primaries.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igb9Yp_tXOY]Cafferty: Was Palin Properly Vetted to Be VP? - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhY7gw9OkuQ]Palin Says it was a Mistake - Candidate was not Vetted - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif

So, she didnt win the beauty pagent, didnt get the espn contract, quit as gov, lost the vice president thingy, was fired from fox, but she is speaking for the republicans! Yeah right.

You are just mad because you want her and can't have her. :)

You and Sean and Glen will always have that night you had to lay over in Dallas though. ;) :)
Seriously, it was a mistake for her to resign as Governor. Bad council, there.

Don't tell us what type of gun we can own; don't tell us what type of ammo we can own; definitely don't tell us that felons shouldn't be permitted to purchase weapons at gun shows; don't tell us what type of food we can eat; how much salt is in our processed foods; or dictate which sizes of soda are permitted; but dammit to hell, don't let those gays marry or allow women to make choices about their own bodies.

You turds are always blabbering about "choice," but you don't even want to allow women the choice of what sized soft drink to buy.

What a gang of bootlicking fascists.

Scratch a liberal and you'll find a swastika underneath.

I don't support the soda ban. Never said I did. If you want to slurp down gallons of sugar water, be my guest.

So, when are you going to tell gov't to stay out of the lives of gay people?

When are you going to learn to stay on topic and not divert Threads? You have an issue, start a Thread.

Marriage exists because of reproduction. Rules have to be laid down about the disposition of children and marital assets in case a couple with children separates. There's no way of getting around that.

Straight people get married all the time with no plans to or no means to have children. Should sterile people not be permitted to marry? Should old people who can't have children not be permitted to marry?

Yeah, and people who get driver's licenses sometimes never use them. That's a stupid argument. You have to be suffering brain damage not to understand why marriage exists.

I love this.

You: Marriage exists only for reproduction

Me: People get married all the time and don't have children

You: Yeah and people get drivers licenses but don't use them. What a dumb argument

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's it Sarah! Way to lead...

Obese (BMI>30)

1960-1962 13.4%

2005-2006 35.1%

Extreme or Morbid Obese( BMI>40)

1960-1962 0.9%

2005-2006 6.2%

Number of Americans Overweight in 1960: 56.5 million

Number of Americans Overweight in 2006: 94.5 million

Number of Americans Obese in 1960: 24 million

Number of Americans Obese in 2006:
40 million

Number of American with extreme or morbid obesity in 1960:
1.6 million

Number of Americans with extreme or morbid obesity in 2006: 18.6 million

Adult Obesity 1960-2006

How on EARTH did this happen?!?

Analyzing data from three national surveys involving more than 60,000 Americans, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that serving sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at fast-food places, but at other restaurants and even in homes.

"Between 1977 and 1996, food portion sizes increased both inside and outside the home for all categories except pizza," wrote the study's authors, Samara Joy Nielsen and Barry M. Popkin. "The sizes of the increase are substantial."

The data revealed that over the past 20 years:

Hamburgers have expanded by 23 percent; A plate of Mexican food is 27 percent bigger; Soft drinks have increased in size by 52 percent; Snacks, whether they be potato chips, pretzels or crackers, are 60 percent larger.​

Food Portion Sizes Have Grown -- A Lot

Sarah had an opportunity to bring all that up and, perhaps, explain what she would do to combat the increasing problem of obesity in America.

Fuck...this is Sarah Palin we're talking about. Who the hell am I kidding?

Who decides what drugs you take? You or somebody else?

The sexism used by the Obama campaign (and the media) against Hillary was documented in many live interviews and articles. I will give you two. I will also note that when criticism was brought to light the Obama campaign was also quick to toss the "race card" around at both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro.

Media Charged With Sexism in Clinton Coverage
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/us/politics/13women.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign'

US Elections: Barack Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign' - Telegraph

There was also a study done By Kean University related to sexism in political campagins which noted both the sexist rhetoric used against Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin.

If interested you can download the complete study entitled. Have You Come A Long Way Baby? Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin,and sexism in the 2008 campaign. at Taylor and Francis online.

Still don't see the democratic party's "tactics" you spoke of earlier. In fact, the Telegraph article you cited says the following:

Mrs Clinton blamed the media rather than the Obama campaign, saying: "It's been deeply offensive to millions of women."

The media in the country, depending on the outlets, are not great; I'll grant you that. They're in the business of making great sums of money, not great stories. But that isn't the Democratic Party's fault.

Still in the book, "Game Change", the authors cite that many Senate Democrats simply didn't like Ms. Clinton. So there may be some truth to your, at least, insinuation that some Democrats preferred Obama to Clinton...but as for the "party"...well, that is just not true. The voters preferred Obama to Clinton that was clear. It was also clear that Clinton's campaign was hamstrung by infighting and mis-management on a scale that will boggle the minds of political scientists for generations to come. One stat I heard was that when Hillary won Texas, she picked up just as many delegates as Obama did when he won Idaho. The reason? They are awarded proportionally....for example winning 80% of the vote in Idaho for example gets you as many delegates as winning 40% in Texas. Hillary couldn't afford to campaign anywhere except the large states and hope to win them big. She won them but not by large enough margins.

So there is some truth to democrat leadership preferring Obama. But the people chose Obama, not the media and not the DNC. Either one could have trounced McCain and Romney 4 years later. Again, the Dems had 2 gold medal winners and only one gold medal to give out.

The media chose Obama...Just like the media chose McCain..
Not true. The voters chose each one of these gentlemen. There is a media component that does tie itself to the behavior of the campaign. Public financing could get rid of it but when Obama gets superior amounts of contributions from John Q Public and John Q PAC, it becomes news. Is it his fault? No. Is it Hillary's fault? No but it more rests with her strategy of "enevitability" when she is behind in the contribution race. So what happens...Obama puts more ads on TV, people talk about them, and it feeds into the news stories. Why? Because it's news at this point.

If you recall, Mike Huckabee was on TV more than John McCain toward the end of the GOP primaries because he wouldn't bow out. As for the media selecting McCain...who were the GOP voters going to elect? Romney? Yeah, we saw how that worked. Huck? Too religious. The rest of the field was so unremarkable...I can't readily recall who else was running.
In the article I linked Geraldine Ferarro directly cited the Obama campaign as participating in the sexist rhetoric and riding it to his benefit, and it being picked up and touted by the media. To say that it was not engaged in by the democratic party is just untrue. As is the notion that only mis management was the cause for Hillary's loss. Witnesses who participated in the caucuses have said otherwise.
I don't think I said it was the only reason...she also had ruffled feathers during her 16 years on the national stage.

Snip...

When The Sunday Telegraph interviewed Miss Ferraro last year, she pledged her readiness to go into battle for her friend Mrs Clinton against Republican "dirty tricks". But now she's leading the backlash by women infuriated by the allegedly sexist treatment of their heroine.

She goes much further than most in singling out Mr Obama for blame, listing examples which she believes back up her claim that he was "terribly sexist":

His response to Mrs Clinton's reminiscences about learning to shoot as a girl at her grandfather's summer cabin in Pennsylvania. Miss Ferraro said: "He walked up and down the stage with his microphone like a stand-up comic and ridiculed her as an Annie Oakley," she said, quoting his reference to the legendary female sharpshooter. "Would he have ridiculed a man by comparing him to John Wayne? Of course not."
Opinion. I can easily envision a man being mocked for acting like John Wayne.

His apparently dismissive description of Mrs Clinton as "likeable enough" during a televised debate before the New Hampshire primaries.
Gee, one candidate dissed another...call 60 Minutes. That has never happened before.
His role in an earlier debate in Philadelphia when several of the male candidates running at the time were said to have ganged up on her, prompting Mrs Clinton to complain about the "boy's club" of US politics.
The same thing happened in 2012 with Romney on his "I like to fire people gaffe". Look it up if you like.
His "failure", Miss Ferraro claims, to speak out against other sexist acts such as lewd T-shirts, the men who shouted "Iron my shirt!" at Mrs Clinton and jibes about her "cackle".
I think you may be right about that. I would like to see candidates on both sides of the aisle shout down the morons in their ranks. But he certainly wasn't the first candidate in the nation to remain silent and he certainly won't be the last.
Mr Obama also apologised to a female reporter he called "sweetie" in an aside that received widespread coverage.
Seriously?
Miss Ferraro saved her greatest ire for the media, however, where male pundits have regularly attacked Mrs Clinton.

One compared her to the obsessive Glenn Close character in Fatal Attraction.

"Obama wouldn't have been successful in pursuing the sexist line if the media had not picked it up," she said.
[/qoute]
Again, opinion. But there are a lot of "well buts" in America. The "N" word is used quite often by blacks. Whites can't use the word.

That is 2012-2013 America.

You're on to something but it wasn't as prevalent as you're making it out to be.

That was the stupidest thing she said. How appropriate that you, "loved it".

The right wing bat crap crazies have tried so hard to find a scandal in President Obama's past and have been unable to do it. There is nothing in his background to "find out". Idiots.

Last edited:

That was the stupidest things she said.
Not really.

She also made the effort to entertain her "base"....14-year-old males....and, adult "conservatives", who's maturity was fully-arrested (at that age).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYFWBWyfEyM]Sarah Palin Classes Up CPAC - YouTube[/ame]​

That was the stupidest things she said. How appropriate that you, "loved it".

The right wing bat crap crazies have tried so hard to find a scandal in President Obama's past and have been unable to do it. There is nothing in his background to "find out". Idiots.

As if scandals matter to you? :lol: The truth of the matter is that you consider Obama Untouchable. You will do anything, sacrifice any and all principles, to keep him in power.

Actually, you completely failed life if you think it is up to government to get involved in your personal choices concerning food. It's not the governments responsibility to intervene in the choices fat people (or thin people) make.

Zoom, right over your head.

I do believe that Seawytch said gov't intervention is not necessary; but guidance from conservative "leaders" and concern for our fellow citizens' health should be something that Caribou Barbie and conservatives should strive for; instead of taking cheap shots (at former Republican mayors) during childish publicity stunts.

Do you recall who said; They cling to their bible and guns?

if you do

That makes you another hypocrite.

But don't worry, you are far from alone

I was not supporting Bloomberg like bans but you do support them right? on the ever increasing size of sodas. :cuckoo:yeah, it's a real epidemic I was suggesting that instead of quipping about it, Palin could have taken the opportunity to point out that there is an obesity problem and what conservatives could be offering as a solution. have you seen the pic of her in that sporty mini-skirt? She didn't. She went low ball which is what is expected of her

it's called "theatrics", like tingle guy, showing just how large the obamacare care bill was, calling everyone that disagrees with you an extremist.

No, I don't support them. I do, however, acknowledge that there is a problem and am eager to hear solutions from all sides.

Palin offered none...as is expected of her. Cute and dumb, she plays it well. Great for fucking, not for governing.
So when Big O put out picks of himself skeet shooting.....

:lmao:

That was the stupidest things she said. How appropriate that you, "loved it".

aside from the fact that he's chums with people that openly hate America, you're right, there really is not a damn thing else. mostly b/c he's done nothing of merit

Forum List

Back