Love It!… Sarah Palin Brings Her Own Big Gulp With Her to CPAC Speech (Video)

The hate from the left is too thick for my bullshit meter to decipher

Party of tolerance my ass.

It's not hate. You would not be able to understand the left if God Himself came down and explained it to you. That mean-spiritedness of yours always gets in the way.

She didn't offer a solution because it's not the job of the govt to solve perceived problematic eating problems.

Get it? Im sure you don't but I offered anyhow.

Perceived? A big first step is acknowledging that there is a problem.

The latest national security threat: obesity

So, should we have drill sergeants line them up every morning and run them until they drop? Employ food police to arrest those not following nutrition guidelines? Outlaw the hamburger? Destroy the sugar industry? Make growing corn illegal?

Or should we tax all food that doesn't meet strict government guidelines?

What, pray tell, should we do about the creeping fat menace?

It's not about love or hate. The Democrats sense significant political advantage every time her name is mentioned, every time she speaks, every time the press covers her. That's why, if she's not in the news, they bring her up as often as possible.

Seems pretty obvious.

She's a cheerleader for the conservative cause nothing more. You all elevate her to higher status by freaking out every time her name is mentioned.

I think that's the point. The Dems want her in the spotlight as much as possible.

What she did was very childish. I'll bet that is the first time she ever held a Big Gulp cup. There sure wasn't regular soda in it. Also, I'll bet it wasn't even full.

She was, is, and always will be, a phony!!!

Like the slurpee comments ad naseum wasn't childish?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjaeMEvmHRc]From Beer Summits to Slurpee Summits - YouTube[/ame]

Urban Dictionary said:
Cum deposit left on skin needing to be slurped up.
She said, "Don't come in me, give me a slurpee."
Urban Dictionary: slurpee

That's right. Don't ask. Just assume. :rolleyes:

It's not about love or hate. The Democrats sense significant political advantage every time her name is mentioned, every time she speaks, every time the press covers her. That's why, if she's not in the news, they bring her up as often as possible.

Seems pretty obvious.

Indeed. It's to the Democrats advantage to bring up every ridiculous thing said by anyone in the right wing just as Republicans always bring up the shenanigans of the Dems. So much more comes from the right wing though which is why the right wing believes the media is biased.

Seems pretty obvious.

Indeed. It's to the Democrats advantage to bring up every ridiculous thing said by anyone in the right wing just as Republicans always bring up the shenanigans of the Dems. So much more comes from the right wing though which is why the right wing believes the media is biased.

Please provide evidence of the same level of hateful rhetoric that was aimed at Sarah Palin by the left during that election campaign and beyond (by the media both written and verbal) that has been aimed at a democratic candidate.

Oh sure. She was so admired by her own party during the primaries that she was trashed for being a woman,trashed for being white,called racist and THEN had her delegates stolen from her. Love the double standard the left tries to pull off when it comes to women in politics. When they eat their own just as fast when the mood strikes them (while pretending it never happens). :cuckoo:

The Democrats had 2 gold medal winners and only 1 gold medal to award. Turns out they picked pretty well; I doubt Obama would have served in a Clinton administration.

The Democrats trounced the GOP from top to bottom on the women's vote. Hell, President Obama got almost 50% of the married women's vote!!! and enjoyed nearly a 2-1 advantage with single women.

I guess you guys are still doing your own polling; how'd that work out for you in November sport? From the Democrat's standpoint, the only thing you could do that would make them happier than nominating Rick Santorum is nominating Rand Paul. The only thing that would make Democrats happier than that is if you nominated Sarah Palin instead of Rand Paul. She's a moron who alienates the one block of voters you need to attract, the independents.

So. We are now going to ignore the tactics used against Hillary by her own party during the priamries and claim they had two "stars" and just couldn't choose between them?
Well, cite these tactics and who used them if you would....okay?

A decision was made by some Democrats to support Obama over Hillary. Hillary was a known commodity to them going back to 1992--16 years earlier. I would imagine that you know this but let me spell out the obvious; you don't spend 16 years active in Washington without ruffling a few feathers especially if you "served" in another branch of government and was checked by and checked on the partner branch. Laura Bush was a different type of First Lady than Hillary who was active in her husband's administration.

Deny the tactics that made NOW and Geraldine Ferraro livid enough to hit the media circuit with their complaints for weeks on end? A media so misogynist and racially charged that both Rush Limbauh and Sean Hannity came to Hillary's defense?
I can cite just the opposite if you want to go there.

And that turned off Hillary supporters to the point that they started activly helping John Mcain and Sarah Palin with their election campaign?
There were very few who did such a thing. Certainly not enough to make McCain anywhere close to being viable as a joke much less a serious contender.

Yeah okay. Whatever you say. LOL

Well, when the facts are on your side, you have that privilege. You likely wouldn't understand the concept.

What's your deal dude? You've been obsessing about gay shit since this thread started. Just come out already and get it over with.

First of all, my sexual preference is none of your god damn business, dude. Second, if you can't see the hypocrisy of you and the freedom-fighting USMB wingnut brigade crying over Big Gulp regulations, yet denying marriage to gay couples, then you're more of a blind partisan than I thought you were.

The only one I see crying in this discussion is you. Sarah was mocking Doomberg not crying. And all your huffing and puffing about gay issues tells me more than I wanted to know about your life.

This is typical conservative hypocrisy: rightists whine about a ‘nanny state’ with regard to soft drink bans but support government interfering in our personal lives by dictating to Americans whether they may marry or have children or not.

Isn't it funny when someone from the Progressive side brings up her statements and contradict her and her incorrectness, people like you get on some mantra about why bring her up that we are afraid of her.
We are not afraid of her at all, but we do know she is still trying to and in a way succeeding to tote the banner for the right-wing ideologues .
So as usual, the right-wingers want it both ways. Typical.

Are liberals all so completely incapable of rational thought as you seem and J.E.D seem to be?

Yeah, it's not as if nearly all of them predicted a Romney landslide 4 months ago like you all seemed to do during your "rational" period.

Aside, perhaps, for Dick Morris, no one predicted a Romney landslide.

The Romney landslide I predicted back on May 30th, and in the media virtually every day since then, is materializing.

Romney will win in a landslide 321-217.

Romney wins in a landslide. Republicans win the Senate and keep the House.

My prediction:

Romney:301
Obama: 237
Popular vote...I think Romney wins the popular by ~1,000,000 votes.

And yet countless people are looking at the data and predicting a landslide coming for Romney.
It helps if you dont ignore information.

Its gonna be a landslide............for Romney. Been sayng it for months. Simple........incumbent in a general election under 50% and in a crap economy gets jacked every time. All media, including FOX, is brilliantly drawing the sheep in to watch every day and night.

Thanks...I hadn't had a chance for batting practice yet this spring.

Seems pretty obvious.

She's a cheerleader for the conservative cause nothing more.

Please!!

She's a bi-polar, who's being taken-advantage-of, by a Party that's into short-term-profit$.

October 2010

The Sound and the Fury

"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible. A onetime gubernatorial aide to Palin says, “The people who have worked for her—they’re broken, used, stepped on, down in the dust.” On the 2008 campaign trail, one close aide recalls, it was practically impossible to persuade Palin to take a moment to thank the kitchen workers at fund-raising dinners. During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from?”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcB8QVngXQ]Sara Palin's WTF Moments - YouTube[/ame]

259.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems pretty obvious.

Please!!

She's a bi-polar, who's being taken-advantage-of, by a Party that's into short-term-profit$.

October 2010

The Sound and the Fury

"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible. A onetime gubernatorial aide to Palin says, “The people who have worked for her—they’re broken, used, stepped on, down in the dust.” On the 2008 campaign trail, one close aide recalls, it was practically impossible to persuade Palin to take a moment to thank the kitchen workers at fund-raising dinners. During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcB8QVngXQ]Sara Palin's WTF Moments - YouTube[/ame]

259.gif

I don't believe it...

They were able to edit all of her WTF moments down to 15 minutes?

Seems pretty obvious.

Please!!

October 2010

The Sound and the Fury

"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible. A onetime gubernatorial aide to Palin says, “The people who have worked for her—they’re broken, used, stepped on, down in the dust.” On the 2008 campaign trail, one close aide recalls, it was practically impossible to persuade Palin to take a moment to thank the kitchen workers at fund-raising dinners. During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from

259.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tS2cXwFV98]Brutally honest interview with Steve Schmidt - Palin "is filled with anger, has a divisive message" - YouTube[/ame]​

How does Todd cope :dunno:

The Democrats had 2 gold medal winners and only 1 gold medal to award. Turns out they picked pretty well; I doubt Obama would have served in a Clinton administration.

The Democrats trounced the GOP from top to bottom on the women's vote. Hell, President Obama got almost 50% of the married women's vote!!! and enjoyed nearly a 2-1 advantage with single women.

I guess you guys are still doing your own polling; how'd that work out for you in November sport? From the Democrat's standpoint, the only thing you could do that would make them happier than nominating Rick Santorum is nominating Rand Paul. The only thing that would make Democrats happier than that is if you nominated Sarah Palin instead of Rand Paul. She's a moron who alienates the one block of voters you need to attract, the independents.

So. We are now going to ignore the tactics used against Hillary by her own party during the priamries and claim they had two "stars" and just couldn't choose between them?

A decision was made by some Democrats to support Obama over Hillary. Hillary was a known commodity to them going back to 1992--16 years earlier. I would imagine that you know this but let me spell out the obvious; you don't spend 16 years active in Washington without ruffling a few feathers especially if you "served" in another branch of government and was checked by and checked on the partner branch. Laura Bush was a different type of First Lady than Hillary who was active in her husband's administration.

And that turned off Hillary supporters to the point that they started activly helping John Mcain and Sarah Palin with their election campaign?
There were very few who did such a thing. Certainly not enough to make McCain anywhere close to being viable as a joke much less a serious contender.

Well, when the facts are on your side, you have that privilege. You likely wouldn't understand the concept.

The sexism used by the Obama campaign (and the media) against Hillary was documented in many live interviews and articles. I will give you two. I will also note that when criticism was brought to light the Obama campaign was also quick to toss the "race card" around at both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro.

Media Charged With Sexism in Clinton Coverage
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/us/politics/13women.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign'

US Elections: Barack Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign' - Telegraph

There was also a study done By Kean University related to sexism in political campagins which noted both the sexist rhetoric used against Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin.

If interested you can download the complete study entitled. Have You Come A Long Way Baby? Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin,and sexism in the 2008 campaign. at Taylor and Francis online.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

The sexism used by the Obama campaign (and the media) against Hillary was documented in many live interviews and articles. I will give you two. I will also note that when criticism was brought to light the Obama campaign was also quick to toss the "race card" around at both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro.

Media Charged With Sexism in Clinton Coverage
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/us/politics/13women.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign'

US Elections: Barack Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign' - Telegraph

There was also a study done By Kean University related to sexism in political campagins which noted both the sexist rhetoric used against Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin.

If interested you can download the complete study entitled. Have You Come A Long Way Baby? Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin,and sexism in the 2008 campaign. at Taylor and Francis online.

Still don't see the democratic party's "tactics" you spoke of earlier. In fact, the Telegraph article you cited says the following:

Mrs Clinton blamed the media rather than the Obama campaign, saying: "It's been deeply offensive to millions of women."

The media in the country, depending on the outlets, are not great; I'll grant you that. They're in the business of making great sums of money, not great stories. But that isn't the Democratic Party's fault.

Still in the book, "Game Change", the authors cite that many Senate Democrats simply didn't like Ms. Clinton. So there may be some truth to your, at least, insinuation that some Democrats preferred Obama to Clinton...but as for the "party"...well, that is just not true. The voters preferred Obama to Clinton that was clear. It was also clear that Clinton's campaign was hamstrung by infighting and mis-management on a scale that will boggle the minds of political scientists for generations to come. One stat I heard was that when Hillary won Texas, she picked up just as many delegates as Obama did when he won Idaho. The reason? They are awarded proportionally....for example winning 80% of the vote in Idaho for example gets you as many delegates as winning 40% in Texas. Hillary couldn't afford to campaign anywhere except the large states and hope to win them big. She won them but not by large enough margins.

So there is some truth to democrat leadership preferring Obama. But the people chose Obama, not the media and not the DNC. Either one could have trounced McCain and Romney 4 years later. Again, the Dems had 2 gold medal winners and only one gold medal to give out.

This is typical conservative hypocrisy: rightists whine about a ‘nanny state’ with regard to soft drink bans but support government interfering in our personal lives by dictating to Americans whether they may marry or have children or not.

No one is interfering with your gay relationship. You're interfering with heterosexual relationships by trying to degrade their relationship and equating it to a gays relationship. And you cant have children because of evolution not conservatives.

I'm not gay. A person doesn't have to be gay to support gay marriage. I believe in true freedom. I'm not a fake patriot like you and the USMB wingnut brigade. If two men want to marry, what do you care?
You've gotta understand....when you've got people who are as emotionally/intellectually-constipated as "conservatives" are....rather than putting the time/effort into the monumental-task of dealing with their own issues....they'd much rather spend their time pointing-out (what they identify as) other peoples' issues!!

What they identify as "defending" the Status Quo....more-mature/better-educated people recognize the "conservatives"' trip for what it is....laziness!

Forum List

Back