Loving Your Children Versus Loving Your Stuff

Another good question is why some people are so maniacally obsessed with teachers.

Here's why: they are the point of the spear either to educate and make students good Americans,....

....or they are are 'obsessed' with turning out America-haters, and Democrat voters.

That kind of character development (or lack thereof) happens at home, not from an hour or so in front of a teacher (the vast majority of whom do NOT so much as mention politics in class).

Are you actually claiming not to realize the leftwing plummeting of the school system????

I am actually telling you that the teachers I work with are interested in helping students succeed, and nothing else. I'm telling you that there is no time in the typical class for promoting politics even if one were so inclined. I'm telling you that over 27 years of teaching no administrator has ever so much as suggested promoting any political point of view to students. I'm telling you that the anomalous anecdote here and there does not prove any universal practice or dark conspiracy among all teachers and all schools. I am actually telling you that you are looking with alarm at social and cultural decay many, many decades in the making and trying inaccurately to ascribe it to one source. I have told you before that the problem is much bigger than you seem to be willing to recognize. Maybe focusing on just one Boogeyman makes it easier to manage the fear.

"I am actually telling you that the teachers I work with are interested in helping students succeed, and nothing else."

Totally subjective.

The results on international tests tell the important truth about the failure of the profession.

That's a fact.

Another good question is why some people are so maniacally obsessed with teachers.

Here's why: they are the point of the spear either to educate and make students good Americans,....

....or they are are 'obsessed' with turning out America-haters, and Democrat voters.

That kind of character development (or lack thereof) happens at home, not from an hour or so in front of a teacher (the vast majority of whom do NOT so much as mention politics in class).

Are you actually claiming not to realize the leftwing plummeting of the school system????

I am actually telling you that the teachers I work with are interested in helping students succeed, and nothing else. I'm telling you that there is no time in the typical class for promoting politics even if one were so inclined. I'm telling you that over 27 years of teaching no administrator has ever so much as suggested promoting any political point of view to students. I'm telling you that the anomalous anecdote here and there does not prove any universal practice or dark conspiracy among all teachers and all schools. I am actually telling you that you are looking with alarm at social and cultural decay many, many decades in the making and trying inaccurately to ascribe it to one source. I have told you before that the problem is much bigger than you seem to be willing to recognize. Maybe focusing on just one Boogeyman makes it easier to manage the fear.

If the shoe doesn't fit.....stop trying to jam your foot into it.

You are probably exactly as you state.....but government school is exactly as I state.

Open your eyes.

...The basis of the thread title is that many have come to accept that two earners are necessary to succeed. And, the economics of modern life may indicate that. But consider the reason: government is your partner in fully half of what you earn: taxes, fees, licenses, fines, ….add ‘em all up: it’s the half of your income that you’d have if only one parent went to work, and the other raised the kids: not the school system.

School systems don't raise kids, and anyone who thinks they are leaving that to schools is grossly negligent.

There are still one wage earner families in America today.

Couldn't agree more.

I know many such parents, many are home schoolers.

My daughter has been teaching for almost 29 years, she makes about 50 grand...so throwing out 128,000 doesn't mean everywhere pays that.

Very few places pay anything near 128,000. Very few.

Wait....you're saying Democrat agents come cheap?????

You’re better than resorting to straw men.

I'm better than anything you can name.....

....except for the Rooty Tooty Fresh n Fruity comes with two eggs, two bacon strips, two pork sausage links and two buttermilk pancakes crowned with cool strawberry topping, warm blueberry or cinnamon apple compote and whipped topping at IHOP.

1612019526984.png

"Power Line's John Hinderaker writes, "The sinister role that teachers' unions play in our society has come clearly into focus, as our children's lives have been devastated by needless school closures across the country. These closures — still in effect in most places, despite all scientific evidence that they are both unnecessary and harmful — largely reflect the power of the teachers' unions."

Meanwhile, millions of people have returned to work in department stores, restaurants, and even colleges and universities. So why can't teachers go back to work?

Hinderaker asks, "Are they seriously unaware that many millions of people have kept working right through the Wuhan epidemic? And that many millions more have returned to work in recent months? Maybe so. I am not sure they understand that most people work in the Summer."

Recently, the Chicago Teachers Union voted overwhelmingly to prevent the nation's third-largest school district from moving forward with its reopening plan. Teachers were scheduled to go back to work in early February, but now they'll continue to teach remotely, nearly a year after schools were shut down.

Sadly, it's no surprise that President Biden publicly supports the CTU.

...we just need the teachers unions to stop playing politics and start caring about our kids. "
Patriot Post

"I am actually telling you that the teachers I work with are interested in helping students succeed, and nothing else."

Totally subjective.

The results on international tests tell the important truth about the failure of the profession.

That's a fact.

that is misleading if anything is. You really should know better.

If the shoe doesn't fit.....stop trying to jam your foot into it.

You are probably exactly as you state.....but government school is exactly as I state.

Open your eyes.

My eyes are open, and I see what is in the educational field I work in every single day. Your eyes are starting to glass over from staring at Google and nothing else.

...The basis of the thread title is that many have come to accept that two earners are necessary to succeed. And, the economics of modern life may indicate that. But consider the reason: government is your partner in fully half of what you earn: taxes, fees, licenses, fines, ….add ‘em all up: it’s the half of your income that you’d have if only one parent went to work, and the other raised the kids: not the school system.

School systems don't raise kids, and anyone who thinks they are leaving that to schools is grossly negligent.

There are still one wage earner families in America today.

Couldn't agree more.

I know many such parents, many are home schoolers.

I have no doubt they are. And I have no doubt that they do their very best for their children because they love them and they want the best future for them as almost all parents do.

6. “For a while, I've been wondering if it's parental malpractice to put your kids in public schools. More and more, it's gone beyond wondering.

When Horace Mann first campaigned to introduce compulsory public schooling, the model he chose was based on the schools in Prussia. Some of his critics objected: The Prussian system, they said, was based on the presumption that the government was smarter than the people. In America, presumption was precisely the reverse. Mann won out, but the result raises some questions about who's smarter.

The people running these schools are providing considerable evidence that they are not especially bright. Or, at any rate, that they have little respect for American culture.” Fighting education fanatics: Column

7. Are you certain you want your children to grow up believing that this is perfectly normal?

"Rose McGowan’s Gender-Fluid Partner Rain Dove Maced in a Women’s Bathroom

View attachment 449721
Rain Dove, a gender fluid model who’s currently dating actress Rose McGowan was maced by a woman in a woman bathroom after being mistaken for a man.
“This person peppersprayed me in a ‘women’s restroom’ a little bit ago. I didn’t get to converse with this being because this person just sprayed me and ran past with their kids in terror, asking the security guard to come in and confront me. I wasn’t even able to get the humans name because of the chaos and the washing,” Rain Dove said."
Rose McGowan's Gender-Fluid Partner Rain Dove Maced in a Women's Bathroom
Isn't it worse that women feel the way they do in our society?

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

PC doesn't approve of my daughter because she chose not to have kids. She voted for your beloved candidate too. You two may have alot in common due to both of your Christian beliefs.

Yes....but I also believe it's a personal choice to have them. My daughter didn't want them. That doesn't make her any less of a Christian or american than anybody else. It's a well thought out decision being made by an increasing amount of young women. It is not their job to have kids if they don't want them.

Yes....but I also believe it's a personal choice to have them. My daughter didn't want them. That doesn't make her any less of a Christian or american than anybody else. It's a well thought out decision being made by an increasing amount of young women. It is not their job to have kids if they don't want them.

The "increasing amount" part could well become an issue in the coming decades.

6. “For a while, I've been wondering if it's parental malpractice to put your kids in public schools. More and more, it's gone beyond wondering.

When Horace Mann first campaigned to introduce compulsory public schooling, the model he chose was based on the schools in Prussia. Some of his critics objected: The Prussian system, they said, was based on the presumption that the government was smarter than the people. In America, presumption was precisely the reverse. Mann won out, but the result raises some questions about who's smarter.

The people running these schools are providing considerable evidence that they are not especially bright. Or, at any rate, that they have little respect for American culture.” Fighting education fanatics: Column

7. Are you certain you want your children to grow up believing that this is perfectly normal?

View attachment 449721
Rain Dove, a gender fluid model who’s currently dating actress Rose McGowan was maced by a woman in a woman bathroom after being mistaken for a man.
“This person peppersprayed me in a ‘women’s restroom’ a little bit ago. I didn’t get to converse with this being because this person just sprayed me and ran past with their kids in terror, asking the security guard to come in and confront me. I wasn’t even able to get the humans name because of the chaos and the washing,” Rain Dove said."

What is gender fluid?

An actual choice.

1.In the big picture, what stuff of yours is so valuable to you, that it is worth raising kids who believe that the only things that count are race, class and gender?

“Teacher union leader says ‘white supremacy’ fuels reopening efforts, concerns over lockdown suicides are ‘white privilege’” Teacher union leader says 'white supremacy' fuels reopening efforts, concerns over lockdown suicides are 'white privilege' - Conservative News Outlet

If the government school system is your choice, you are bequeathing to your kids that mantra, ‘race, class, and gender,’ over knowledge, the ability to reason, and the exceptionalism of America.

2. The basis of the thread title is that many have come to accept that two earners are necessary to succeed. And, the economics of modern life may indicate that. But consider the reason: government is your partner in fully half of what you earn: taxes, fees, licenses, fines, ….add ‘em all up: it’s the half of your income that you’d have if only one parent went to work, and the other raised the kids: not the school system.

You wouldn’t have to give up those material things that you are choosing over raising and educating your children if half of your income wasn't being stolen in the vote-buying scheme.

3. Who to blame? Which is the ‘tax and spend’ party?

“But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.” He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.” Education of a President (Published 2010)

Sometimes, they let on:

"Dan Rostenkowski, standing next to the candidate in front of the cameras and the cheering crowd at the convention after the fateful speech, whispered to Mondale, "You've got a lot of balls, pal." According to Rostenkowski, Mondale whispered back, "Look at 'em, we're going to tax their ass off."
"Showdown At Gucci Gulch," Jeffrey H. Birnbaum And Alan S. Murray, page 35

4. Shouldn’t it be the parent’s choice, nay, obligation, to determine what sort of outlook, worldview, their progeny have? Or is it the prerogative of government…. ‘experts’ on your children.

What if the stark choice is between these two poles:

“Cultural Marxism, though it’s dismissed by critics as a “term invented by the Right”, “was an undeniable school of thought taking Marxist categories of oppressed and oppressor beyond the economic realm and applying to it other forms of oppression: gender, race, sexuality.” Caldron Pool

I tend toward this view
On Wednesday, June 6, 1928 the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. In The Meaning of Everything, Simon Winchester discusses the English of the time as follows:

“The English establishment of the day might be rightly derided at this remove as having been class-ridden and imperialist, bombastic and blimpish, racist and insouciant- but it was marked undeniably also by a sweeping erudition and confidence, and it was peopled by men and women who felt they were able to know all, to understand much, and in consequence to radiate the wisdom of deep learning.”

5. Are there material possession that are more valuable to you than the investment in your children?
Bet you can't name any.

So why are you behaving as though there were?

What do you think of American universities? Curious.

View attachment 449721

What is gender fluid?

A mental illness....

1612028883245.png

An actual choice.

1.In the big picture, what stuff of yours is so valuable to you, that it is worth raising kids who believe that the only things that count are race, class and gender?

“Teacher union leader says ‘white supremacy’ fuels reopening efforts, concerns over lockdown suicides are ‘white privilege’” Teacher union leader says 'white supremacy' fuels reopening efforts, concerns over lockdown suicides are 'white privilege' - Conservative News Outlet

If the government school system is your choice, you are bequeathing to your kids that mantra, ‘race, class, and gender,’ over knowledge, the ability to reason, and the exceptionalism of America.

2. The basis of the thread title is that many have come to accept that two earners are necessary to succeed. And, the economics of modern life may indicate that. But consider the reason: government is your partner in fully half of what you earn: taxes, fees, licenses, fines, ….add ‘em all up: it’s the half of your income that you’d have if only one parent went to work, and the other raised the kids: not the school system.

You wouldn’t have to give up those material things that you are choosing over raising and educating your children if half of your income wasn't being stolen in the vote-buying scheme.

3. Who to blame? Which is the ‘tax and spend’ party?

“But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.” He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.” Education of a President (Published 2010)

Sometimes, they let on:

"Dan Rostenkowski, standing next to the candidate in front of the cameras and the cheering crowd at the convention after the fateful speech, whispered to Mondale, "You've got a lot of balls, pal." According to Rostenkowski, Mondale whispered back, "Look at 'em, we're going to tax their ass off."
"Showdown At Gucci Gulch," Jeffrey H. Birnbaum And Alan S. Murray, page 35

4. Shouldn’t it be the parent’s choice, nay, obligation, to determine what sort of outlook, worldview, their progeny have? Or is it the prerogative of government…. ‘experts’ on your children.

What if the stark choice is between these two poles:

“Cultural Marxism, though it’s dismissed by critics as a “term invented by the Right”, “was an undeniable school of thought taking Marxist categories of oppressed and oppressor beyond the economic realm and applying to it other forms of oppression: gender, race, sexuality.” Caldron Pool

I tend toward this view
On Wednesday, June 6, 1928 the Oxford English Dictionary was completed. In The Meaning of Everything, Simon Winchester discusses the English of the time as follows:

“The English establishment of the day might be rightly derided at this remove as having been class-ridden and imperialist, bombastic and blimpish, racist and insouciant- but it was marked undeniably also by a sweeping erudition and confidence, and it was peopled by men and women who felt they were able to know all, to understand much, and in consequence to radiate the wisdom of deep learning.”

5. Are there material possession that are more valuable to you than the investment in your children?
Bet you can't name any.

So why are you behaving as though there were?

What do you think of American universities? Curious.

Madrassas.

Some American univesities such as Harvard Yale Stanford Princeton Colombia Duke have very good reputation. They are known worldwide.

Forum List

Back