Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

o and i remember all those so willing to cast me aside....like yesterdays dietary news.....i took notes....who the hell would want to review all that...

rosie played a good game....but i play better.....

When somebody is new to the game and indicates early on in their posts they are thinking about who is doctor, it is usually a signal that they are a town PR. Likewise when somebody does what Rosie did and signals they are thinking about who is the cop, it is usually a sign that they are scum. Sometimes it is better to be patient and see if you can flush out an accomplice who is trying to collaterally save the player before you hammer instead of rushing to be proven right as that last scum player is usually hard to find. Just a tip for future games.

The Rosie sign I totally saw and picked up on but the doctor thing went right over my head. Again, can't say much here but that is very interesting.

I wish we could talk more here. I have some thoughts/questions but it is too much game related. I am curious about your thought process regarding wanting to hold off on the lynch and your sudden frustration during twilight but I know we have to be careful what we say.

sure.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, my very first mafia game ever was a closed set up theme game based on King Arthur and I was a VT with effing Excalibur in my hands and my only directions were that it would be very bad for town if it fell into scum hands, would be very good for town if it reached the right hands, and I could pass it to anybody I wanted at night in a game. The game had 3 factions apparent early on Day 1 and I didn't seem to belong to any of them. It took me 3 game days of thinking only about how do I keep from being lynched and to whom should I pass the sword in the night since nobody but me even knew the thing existed. Chasing scum was not on my list of priorities at all. It took us the entire game to realize that two of the three factions were both town and of no consequence to the town v. scum thing, but a lot of town blood got shed just because the town had two factions, each with a person who became a 2-shot vigilante if they got Excalibur, neither of which ended up being the role of King Arthur.

I wish we could talk more here. I have some thoughts/questions but it is too much game related. I am curious about your thought process regarding wanting to hold off on the lynch and your sudden frustration during twilight but I know we have to be careful what we say.

sure.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, my very first mafia game ever was a closed set up theme game based on King Arthur and I was a VT with effing Excalibur in my hands and my only directions were that it would be very bad for town if it fell into scum hands, would be very good for town if it reached the right hands, and I could pass it to anybody I wanted at night in a game. The game had 3 factions apparent early on Day 1 and I didn't seem to belong to any of them. It took me 3 game days of thinking only about how do I keep from being lynched and to whom should I pass the sword in the night since nobody but me even knew the thing existed. Chasing scum was not on my list of priorities at all. It took us the entire game to realize that two of the three factions were both town and of no consequence to the town v. scum thing, but a lot of town blood got shed just because the town had two factions, each with a person who became a 2-shot vigilante if they got Excalibur, neither of which ended up being the role of King Arthur.

Wow... that sounds really cool. I believe Wake is planning to add more RP elements as we learn the game.

hmmm so far we havent lynched stupid.....avatar and rosie both played a smart game...rosie changed her personality too much for the game and it was a total give a way

this is kinda addictive...getting up at 3 am to see who is dead and if they are a mafia...my husband got on to me for being on my cell phone posting....heheheee...i told him i needed to live...he just shakes his head

It is addictive. I'm dead and im still trying to keep up with everything and guess who is who.

hmmm so far we havent lynched stupid.....avatar and rosie both played a smart game...rosie changed her personality too much for the game and it was a total give a way

I was just kidding. In retrospect, Avi played quite well - got everyone talking and and infected them with foot-in-mouth disease. Stirred up a lot of good info. I'm still not sure what Rosie was up to. I'm trying to catch up on Day 2, and frankly it just looks like a mess.

Anyway, I don't think we're really supposed to be talking about the game here, are we?

( [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], I'll delete this if you like. But everyone else has been chiming in, so I saw no reason to sit on the sidelines. )

So let me get this straight. You're too nice-you get lynched. You're too nasty-you get lynched. You talk too much, you get lynched. You don't talk enough, you get lynched.

Did I miss anything?

So let me get this straight. You're too nice-you get lynched. You're too nasty-you get lynched. You talk too much, you get lynched. You don't talk enough, you get lynched.

Did I miss anything?

The mutual admiration lucky gut society :D

I was just kidding. In retrospect, Avi played quite well - got everyone talking and and infected them with foot-in-mouth disease. Stirred up a lot of good info. I'm still not sure what Rosie was up to. I'm trying to catch up on Day 2, and frankly it just looks like a mess.

Anyway, I don't think we're really supposed to be talking about the game here, are we?

( [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION], I'll delete this if you like. But everyone else has been chiming in, so I saw no reason to sit on the sidelines. )

Rosie seems like a good player but she made some mistakes. That is all I will say.

Did I miss anything?

The mutual admiration lucky gut society :D

Gotta give some serious props to the gut lady. Lucky for me, I've been agreeing with her. I have no idea how many times I'd be threatening to quit if I didn't.

:lol:

Did I miss anything?

Yes. You live, you get lynched:)

Forum List

Back