Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

And what did Wake say? Inquiring minds want to know! :eusa_whistle:

No way, not tellin' :D

Fine!

o-SEANCE-facebook.jpg

Is Wake the one that is asleep?:D

That's a good way to communicate with a dead wolf. :lol:

Okay, let's do it in wolf code......two howls means I'm dead, one howl means I'm still alive....can you even do that?

Do you want Wake to kill me again? But I do actually sympathize with you guys for having to wait. This is why we need a co-mod. Maybe I'll offer to help since I'm not in the game any more.

Okay, let's do it in wolf code......two howls means I'm dead, one howl means I'm still alive....can you even do that?

Do you want Wake to kill me again? But I do actually sympathize with you guys for having to wait. This is why we need a co-mod. Maybe I'll offer to help since I'm not in the game any more.

Second on the co-mod

I'm sitting around in my 101 degree house waiting on PSEG, for the second day. This game was going to be my reward for being so patient :lol:

He can't kill a dead wolf.....and besides, no one will be able to figure it out....:D

Apologies.

I had discovered Game of Thrones.

:D

The Town Bodyguard was modified so that if it protected the Doc while the Doc protected it, as a kill attempt came their way, the Bodyguard would die regardless. This prevents an unbreakable combo that'd break our game.

The Town Bodyguard was modified so that if it protected the Doc while the Doc protected it, as a kill attempt came their way, the Bodyguard would die regardless. This prevents an unbreakable combo that'd break our game.

The bodyguard though kills the scum that targets the one they protect correct?

If that is the case then I would assume that IF the doc is targeted then BOTH the scum and BG die but if the BG is targeted then only the BG dies.

Would that be the correct assumption?

If that is the case then I would assume that IF the doc is targeted then BOTH the scum and BG die but if the BG is targeted then only the BG dies.

The problem is that when I added this role, I was thinking Bodyguard. It's actually called the Meat Shield. The Meat shield can take the bullet for someone else, but the Bodyguard also takes the attacker out with it.

It's a shame someone's trying to troll us using the search tags in our threads. Takes a certain kind of lowlife I guess.

The problem is that when I added this role, I was thinking Bodyguard. It's actually called the Meat Shield. The Meat shield can take the bullet for someone else, but the Bodyguard also takes the attacker out with it.

That's nice wake but you actually didn't answer the question....

Not trying to give you a hard time but this modifies that role SIGNIFICANTLY. The role makes sense and is one of the most powerful roles that you have laid out so far (1 townie for a scum is a VERY good exchange for the town) but I would think that the way around it is to target the bodyguard themselves.

Not trying to give you a hard time but this modifies that role SIGNIFICANTLY. The role makes sense and is one of the most powerful roles that you have laid out so far (1 townie for a scum is a VERY good exchange for the town) but I would think that the way around it is to target the bodyguard themselves.

If the role I mistakenly named in this game was indeed the Town Bodyguard, then both the Scum and the Bodyguard would die.

In the 2nd scenario with the Doctor, I'm not certain. I would imagine the chain of priority would have the Doctor preventing the Scum from attempting to kill the bodyguard, which would then keep the Bodyguard's effect from activating. I may be wrong.

If the role I mistakenly named in this game was indeed the Town Bodyguard, then both the Scum and the Bodyguard would die.

In the 2nd scenario with the Doctor, I'm not certain. I would imagine the chain of priority would have the Doctor preventing the Scum from attempting to kill the bodyguard, which would then keep the Bodyguard's effect from activating. I may be wrong.

That would make the most sense to me. Thanks for the reply.

This is your game though wake so you technically cant be wrong :D

Guys, I'm going to clear something up here regarding the Strollingbones situation.

I posted this before in this thread somewhere.

Where I live we have a high risk of long-term power outages whenever it storms. We had a storm right before the second game started that not only knocked out the power, it killed my internet service tower. I could not get online at all.

So when the game started I explained my situation to Wake and submitted my night actions every time it looked like we'd get bad weather, EVEN IF IT WAS STILL MAFIA "DAY."

Bones could have done exactly the same thing, submitting an action before she was pinked.

Any PR could do that. At any time.

Last edited:
Alright, I've got a few thoughts in my grapefruit.

I realized Mafia's like chess, but way more complicated and intellectually stimulating. The "Day" and "Night" phases are actually like the turns people take in chess. Day is mainly for Town to progress the game, and Night is Scum's turn to progress their own victory.

As for Mafia, it can get extremely, unbelievably stressful at times. However, there are tricks to get around this. First and foremost Mafia will always be very interesting. Fun? That depends on which personalities enter the game, and what they do. It's a people game, and you need to call upon your vast collection of social skills. If you're getting stressed, you've got 3 or so votes on you, and you don't wanna die... step back from the fire. Cease posting, lay low for a bit, and surely attention will start focusing on to someone else. It's proven fact. The worst thing to do when you're gettin' all hot and bothered is to lash out, scream, roar, beat your chest, and channel the God of War. That'll just land you more votes and more reason for Scum to vote you while looking good.

The one I've been playing in right now has been... rough. Few things frustrate me, and I generally don't let trolling and shitty behavior push my buttons. Mafia's a weakness for me, especially when Town. I work better in a team when I know who my team members are. It's unbelievably frustrating when you know you're Town and you're trying to get the paranoid mob off your scent. It makes it even worse when you're dealing with another player who's both aggressive AND stupid; whether that role is Town or clever Scum changes things slightly. In Mafia you've got to try and work together with other players who are just as blind and mad with paranoia as you are. And, chances are, the nice, calm, and reasonable peep you're actually making good communication with is evil Scum who wants you dead.

Life ain't easy for a Townie. They can be paranoid as hell, and do really neat, er, crazy things. However, that paranoia's justified, too, because there ARE players wanting to kill you. :D My thing is to develop a really thick skin. Like a rhino's skin. That'll save your bacon in this game. Chances are your patience has been tested and practiced in these games by now, and maybe, just maybe, it's improved a bit. When I get mad, like hopping mad, I take a break. Better to murder and cannibalize a frozen watermelon with sugar than make a fool of yourself in your rage. Scum loves it when Townies are enraged, too, because the focus goes on to them, not Scum. It's what keeps them alive.

You've got to know yourself, too, and wear it like armor. Know the players, too. If you think they may be enemies, but fellow Town, know them even better, and contort and morph yourself skillfully in order to get what you want in this game. Sometimes Townies do lie. Sometimes they do manipulate, or make themselves appear as something they aren't. As Scum this can definitely throw me off when they do this. Hell, I've had Townies deliberately behave in certain, clever ways in order to get me overthinking in my QT thread at Night.

The book, The Art of War, will be an extremely valuable source for you should you continue your Mafia adventure. The 48 Laws of Power are also very insightful. Become cunning. Shrewd. Manipulative. Clever. They will save your lives, and make you a fearsome, hard-to-lynch force in the game. The more powerful your spirit is, and the more persuasive you are, the easier time you'll have bringing people to your cause.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back