MAGA Wants to Cut Defense

The nation building effort in Afghanistan officially ended on Feb 29th. 2020. We never should have had a nation building effort in the first place. Russia had already invaded and was already occupying parts of Ukraine.
Spin it all you want. We gave up on democracy in Afghanistan, only to resume the fight in Ukraine. All we did is trade one expense for another expense while edging us closer to a nuclear WWIII to boot. All of this also increased inflation. We should have just stayed where we were.

I think conservatives acting and voting as a party are a stronger restraint on government spending that liberals who think government spending is the solution to every problem

The problem is those you consider Conservatives never do what they actually claim they will do and then you will pretend they never were Conservatives to start with and make all kinds of excuses.

The best example is 7.8 trillion in new debt under Trump in 4 years.

It's never the "Conservatives" fault despite them either voting or signing off on all of it.

Spin it all you want. We gave up on democracy in Afghanistan, only to resume the fight in Ukraine. All we did is trade one expense for another expense while edging us closer to a nuclear WWIII to boot. All of this also increased inflation. We should have just stayed where we were.

What we did in Afghanistan was right. What we are doing in Ukraine is wrong.

The problem is those you consider Conservatives never do what they actually claim they will do and then you will pretend they never were Conservatives to start with and make all kinds of excuses.

The best example is 7.8 trillion in new debt under Trump in 4 years.

It's never the "Conservatives" fault despite them either voting or signing off on all of it.
Trump and his conservative base won the white house

But we didnt win the house and senate

Maybe with your support we could have

Trump and his conservative base won the white house

But we didnt win the house and senate

The first two years the Republicans held all three. But you are going to make your excuses as I said and somehow I am the problem because I will not do so.

Maybe with your support we could have

Trump won WV.

And Trump signed off on every penny of debt. 7.8 trillion in 4 years.........and somehow I'm the problem.

We tried to spread our ideology with the barrel of a gun in a 20 year occupation of their nation. The Ukraine wants to join the West. Afghanistan does not.
Spin it all you want. We have traded a war in Afghanistan for a war in Ukraine, putting the entire world closer to a nuclear WWIII than we have ever been. If we hadn't let Afghanistan fall, Russia would not have invaded Ukraine and we would not be where we are today, including rampant inflation.

If we hadn't let Afghanistan fall, Russia would not have invaded Ukraine and we would not be where we are today, including rampant inflation.
Fantiful speculation and contrary to known reality. Russia invaded Ukraine while we were occupying Afghanistan. Inflation was caused mostly by OPEC+ cuts in production and their failure to increase production to meet the rising demands while the world's economies came back after the Covid scare. The Russian invasion added to that for a while.

The first two years the Republicans held all three
Whats wrong with you?

You keep telling us that the swamp rats in washington are just in it for themselves

Trump needed a majority MAGA in congress and he didnt have it

Fantiful speculation and contrary to known reality. Russia invaded Ukraine while we were occupying Afghanistan. Inflation was caused mostly by OPEC+ cuts in production and their failure to increase production to meet the rising demands while the world's economies came back after the Covid scare. The Russian invasion added to that for a while.
Spin it all you want. The truth remains the truth.

Whats wrong with you?

You keep telling us that the swamp rats in washington are just in it for themselves

Trump needed a majority MAGA in congress and he didnt have it

Trump signed off on all of it. Trump even argued with Nancy Pelosi to give more money away than we already were.

Maybe there are some valid points to be made but Trump is mentally unable to address any of them. You don't address these issues with childish name calling and rants. While I doubt I will agree with many of the positions Gaetz and the rest will take, they were able to accomplish (at least for now) what they wanted.

Trump can't do that. He has no part of his make up that will allow that.

Trump signed off on all of it. Trump even argued with Nancy Pelosi to give more money away than we already were.

Maybe there are some valid points to be made but Trump is mentally unable to address any of them. You don't address these issues with childish name calling and rants. While I doubt I will agree with many of the positions Gaetz and the rest will take, they were able to accomplish (at least for now) what they wanted.

Trump can't do that. He has no part of his make up that will allow that.
As opposed to what?

Shutting down the government?

You would have a field day with that

Yeah, I know there are always horror stories about how the poor US military is underfunded.
Balance that with those $700 toilet seats and other massive cost-overrun horror stories.
Then add to that the FACT that China steals US research.
The FACT is that the US DOD gets more funding than the next 10 militaries COMBINED.
The US simply cannot afford to over-budget the military any more. Call it a fiscal reality.
So unless you have a plan to raise revenue to pay for more DOD spending, military spending needs to be cut.
Do you know why that toilet seat is $700? It is made so the skin on your ass doesn't freeze to it while flying in an unheated aircraft at high altitude. It's called MIL-SPEC.

Forum List

Back