Mahmoud Abbas: First Obstacle to Peace

THE STRATEGIC FUNCTIONS OF U.S. AID TO ISRAEL

WRMEA | Telling the truth for more than 30 years - U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

By Stephen Zunes

Dr. Zunes is an assistant professor in the Departmwent of Politics at the University of San Francisco

And what was the point of that cutting and pasting?

What cutting and pasting? You have a link.

A link to what? A link that identifies US dollars to Israel? I already addressed that.

What was your point?

Actually, pbel, I wasn’t aware that I preferred the Fatah terrorists vs. the Hamas terrorists until you decided that on my behalf. That's very generous of you.

However, getting back to the topic of islamic terrorists receiving Western welfare dollars, US Annual Aid to the “Palestinians” averages just under 1-2 billion annually (although additional aid of 150 million and 250 million was given in 2005 and 2006 at request of Pres. GW Bush). The Palestinians receive international donations from the UN (UNRWA--mostly funded by the US--annual budget ~0.5 billion), the European Union, and (inconsistently) fellow Arab nations. The Hamas-Fatah split has complicated this, but total annual contributions are estimated @ 1.5 billion.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22967.pdf
http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/68794.pdf
Where We Work | U.S. Agency for International Development

The US also gives aid to Lebanon, Iraq, Morroco, and Yemen.

The purpose of the aid is both economic, humanitarian, and for peace incentives.
The amount received by these Arab nations in toto equals and, at times, has exceeded that provided to Israel.

Of these, the aid given to Israel (and nearly all of it) comes back to the US through the purchase of American goods. Furthermore, the joint defense benefits, e.g. R&D, has been extremely beneficial to the US as well. As such, US Foreign Aid to Israel has been symbiotic.

This cannot be said of US welfare payments to Arab nations, nor other world recipients.

Israel, by necessity, needs dedicate a large portion of her GNP to defense. US Foreign Aid is not as essential (Israel has a strong economy) as is access to military supplies and materials. Of course, there are other world suppliers for such equipment and Israel has been developing its own defense industry. I would say, ultimately, that American good will and support is more important than even access to US military hardware--for this keeps the bullies from ganging up on Israel--and the resultant conflagration would be disastrous, especially for the Israelis (and Palestinians).

Despite recent negative Obama Administration rhetoric and posturing, the US Administration is committed to assuring Israeli security and military superiority.

The reality is there will be no change in US Foreign Aid practices to Israel nor other Arab nations. The US-Israeli Foreign Aid relationship, unlike those with other nations, is acknowledged unreservedly as a "win-win."
Very curious, why did you leave out Israel's welfare check?

Nothing personally. However, I did explain to you that "aid given to Israel (and nearly all of it) comes back to the US through the purchase of American goods. Furthermore, the joint defense benefits, e.g. R&D, has been extremely beneficial to the US as well. As such, US Foreign Aid to Israel has been symbiotic"

I suspect you're in denial about shared US and Israeli goals, attitudes and political objectives. Your hatred for Joooooos won't allow you to see past those hatreds.

Secondly, we share with Israel intelligence information that benefits both our nations.

Ideally, I would like a Middle-East where all these nations are at peace and Islamic terrorists are extradited to be tried and not given haven. However, that is not the case and islamist Middle Eastern nations support islamic terrorists.

Ideally, I would prefer that there was no need to have intelligence agencies with special ops units to stop threats to civilians. However, we live in and must react in reality. The reality is that Islamic terrorism is a function of Islamic ideology. Having mutual interests with Israel provides a bit more security for both our nations in defending ourselves from a hostile, antagonistic and brutish politico-religious ideology.

Nothing personally. However, I did explain to you that "aid given to Israel (and nearly all of it) comes back to the US through the purchase of American goods.

Indeed, it comers out of the pockets of the taxpayers and into the pockets of the military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned us about.

Nothing personally. However, I did explain to you that "aid given to Israel (and nearly all of it) comes back to the US through the purchase of American goods. Furthermore, the joint defense benefits, e.g. R&D, has been extremely beneficial to the US as well. As such, US Foreign Aid to Israel has been symbiotic"

I suspect you're in denial about shared US and Israeli goals, attitudes and political objectives. Your hatred for Joooooos won't allow you to see past those hatreds.

Secondly, we share with Israel intelligence information that benefits both our nations.

Ideally, I would like a Middle-East where all these nations are at peace and Islamic terrorists are extradited to be tried and not given haven. However, that is not the case and islamist Middle Eastern nations support islamic terrorists.

Ideally, I would prefer that there was no need to have intelligence agencies with special ops units to stop threats to civilians. However, we live in and must react in reality. The reality is that Islamic terrorism is a function of Islamic ideology. Having mutual interests with Israel provides a bit more security for both our nations in defending ourselves from a hostile, antagonistic and brutish politico-religious ideology.

Nothing personally. However, I did explain to you that "aid given to Israel (and nearly all of it) comes back to the US through the purchase of American goods.

Indeed, it comers out of the pockets of the taxpayers and into the pockets of the military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned us about.

Aren't the people who work in the military industrial complex taxpayers also ?

Some of that money recirculates back through the economy. The rest just gets sucked out.

Some of that money recirculates back through the economy. The rest just gets sucked out.

How much does it cost each taxpayer for the $3 Billion that America sends Israel ?

http://www.wrmea.org/congress-and-u...l-aid-to-israel-figures-facts-and-impact.html

In addition, there is the more than $1.5 billion in private U.S. funds that go to Israel annually in the form of $1 billion in private tax-deductible donations and $500 million in Israeli bonds. The ability of Americans to make what amounts to tax-deductible contributions to a foreign government, made possible through a number of Jewish charities, does not exist with any other country. Nor do these figures include short- and long-term commercial loans from U.S. banks, which have been as high as $1 billion annually in recent years.

Last edited:
WRMEA | Telling the truth for more than 30 years - U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

In addition, there is the more than $1.5 billion in private U.S. funds that go to Israel annually in the form of $1 billion in private tax-deductible donations and $500 million in Israeli bonds. The ability of Americans to make what amounts to tax-deductible contributions to a foreign government, made possible through a number of Jewish charities, does not exist with any other country. Nor do these figures include short- and long-term commercial loans from U.S. banks, which have been as high as $1 billion annually in recent years.

Then there is the money we give to Egypt that benefits Israel. And the money we give to Jordan that benefits Israel. And the money we give to Lebanon that benefits Israel. And the money we give to the PA that benefits Israel. And the money we give to support the refugees that Israel created.

Then there is the money we give to Egypt that benefits Israel. And the money we give to Jordan that benefits Israel. And the money we give to Lebanon that benefits Israel. And the money we give to the PA that benefits Israel. And the money we give to support the refugees that Israel created.

Link ?

Sounds like more anti Israel conspiracy theory

Link ?

All true.

Look it up.

All true, but no link.

Because you made it up, like you make up most of the crap you say

Admit it, you got nothing to back up any of your statement, just typical anti - Israel propaganda

Link ?

All true.

Look it up.

I'm sure the Arab peoples of those countries benefit, at least somewhat, from that aid as well. Don't you have a heart for your own Arab peoples?

That is the government that the Palestinians voted out but the US/Israel put back in.
Tinmore is about is tell everyone that Hamas terrorists are less corrupt. Ha ha.

The old Roudy is back making statements and proving no proof except for his/her Ha has.

?Corruption will let Hamas take W. Bank' | JPost | Israel News

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has surrounded himself with many of the corrupt officials who used to work for his predecessor, Yasser Arafat, and that’s why Hamas will one day take control of the West Bank, Fahmi Shabaneh, who was appointed by Abbas four years ago to root out corruption in the Palestinian Authority, said on Thursday.

In an exclusive interview with The Jerusalem Post, Shabaneh, who until recently was in charge of the Anti-Corruption Department in the PA’s General Intelligence Service (GIS), warned that what happened in the Gaza Strip in the summer of 2007, when Hamas managed to overthrow the Fatah-controlled regime, is likely to recur in the West Bank.

“Had it not been for the presence of the Israeli authorities in the West Bank, Hamas would have done what they did in the Gaza Strip,” Shabaneh told the Post. “It’s hard to find people in the West Bank who support the Palestinian Authority. People are fed up with the financial corruption and mismanagement of the Palestinian Authority.”

Shabaneh said that many Palestinians in the West Bank have lost hope that the PA would one day be reformed. “The Palestinian Authority is very corrupt and needs to be overhauled,” he said...

...“Why do you think Hamas kicked us out of the Gaza Strip? Because the people there were fed up with the corruption and bad government of Fatah. What do you think the people in the Gaza Strip used to think when they saw a colonel in the Palestinian Authority driving in a big motorcade and surrounded by dozens of bodyguards and assistants?”

That is the government that the Palestinians voted out but the US/Israel put back in.
Tinmore is about is tell everyone that Hamas terrorists are less corrupt. Ha ha.
?Corruption will let Hamas take W. Bank' | JPost | Israel NewsPalestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has surrounded himself with many of the corrupt officials who used to work for his predecessor, Yasser Arafat, and that’s why Hamas will one day take control of the West Bank, Fahmi Shabaneh, who was appointed by Abbas four years ago to root out corruption in the Palestinian Authority, said on Thursday. ...
One corrupt gang for another one. Cool.

?Corruption will let Hamas take W. Bank' | JPost | Israel NewsPalestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has surrounded himself with many of the corrupt officials who used to work for his predecessor, Yasser Arafat, and that’s why Hamas will one day take control of the West Bank, Fahmi Shabaneh, who was appointed by Abbas four years ago to root out corruption in the Palestinian Authority, said on Thursday. ...

There goes Herr Mauser, making accusations without any proof whatsoever...Provide us with a link showing the corruption levels of both parties.

Indeed, US taxpayer money finds its way into the personal bank accounts of the islamist terrorists in the PA. Yet, you appear to have no issue with tax money being used as welfare payments for islamist terrorist cretins.

There goes Herr Mauser, making accusations without any proof whatsoever...Provide us with a link showing the corruption levels of both parties.
Cool folks open a search, enter a "hamas corruption" string and enjoy reading about how corrupt hamas is! That easy. As a general observation of Herr Mauser, palistanians, getting out of one pile of manure, don't waste time and get into another one, and all of their own volition, of course! Isn't that funny?

Forum List

Back