Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

Go ahead and explain why that is the case. Why does EDD require Good Cause if at-will is not part of employment laws?

UC is paid to those who lost their job through no fault of their own. Just because a person is fired for good cause does not mean they are free from any prosecution. They cannot be prosecuted for being fired, but the cause of their firing can be prosecuted if it warrant. Such as theft. If you steal $100k from your employer, you will be fired and prosecuted.

I already have. Right-wingers merely seem incompetent and should be controlled more than women in abortion threads.
No, you haven't produced any link to any legal scholar or lawyer who agrees with you that the law as stated allows you to collect UC for quitting a job or never working one.

No legal scholars disagree with me or you would post a link.

LMAO!! Oh, so I have to post a link to legal scholars who agree with me, but you don't? I have to post links to legal scholars who disagree with you?

You made the argument. You have to provide the proof, including legal scholars that agree with you. You haven't. Because you can't.

UC is paid to those who lost their job through no fault of their own. Just because a person is fired for good cause does not mean they are free from any prosecution. They cannot be prosecuted for being fired, but the cause of their firing can be prosecuted if it warrant. Such as theft. If you steal $100k from your employer, you will be fired and prosecuted.
Still not an explanation as to why they require Cause in an at-will employment State.

No cause is required in an at-will employment State. Why the unequal protection of the law?

No, you haven't produced any link to any legal scholar or lawyer who agrees with you that the law as stated allows you to collect UC for quitting a job or never working one.
At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

LMAO!! Oh, so I have to post a link to legal scholars who agree with me, but you don't? I have to post links to legal scholars who disagree with you?

You made the argument. You have to provide the proof, including legal scholars that agree with you. You haven't. Because you can't.
lol. You are trying to make the counter-argument with nothing but fallacy.

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

No cause is required in an at-will employment State. Why the unequal protection of the law?

Because one is simply describing the relationship between employer and employee, while the other is a benefit paid by the employer. If you quit a job the employer is left short-handed. And then you want that employer to PAY your benefits? Likewise, if an employer fires you, he then has to pay you to NOT work?

lol. You are trying to make the counter-argument with nothing but fallacy.

No, I am showing the hypocrisy in your claim that I have to show links to prove I am right, but you say you do not have to provide links to backup your claims.

Forum List

Back