Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

Equal protection of the law means less corruption. Only right-wingers have no problem with banana republicanism.

And you think offering unemployment compensation to anyone without a job, without means testing, will result in LESS corruption? How do you figure that? Welfare has an involved process to weed out those who do not need it. And even that fails. Your dream unemployment compensation just writing checks to anyone who asks will suddenly only support honest people? That is laughably naive.

And there are set qualifications for the compensation.

The reason you think welfare is not suitable is the means testing. And all means testing does is determine whether you can support yourself. If you can support yourself you should not be drawing a check from the tax payers. Welfare also, as I understand it, does not pay if you are capable of working and have no dependents. Which makes sense.
Not at all. You simply ignore the economic arguments.

And you think offering unemployment compensation to anyone without a job, without means testing, will result in LESS corruption? How do you figure that? Welfare has an involved process to weed out those who do not need it. And even that fails. Your dream unemployment compensation just writing checks to anyone who asks will suddenly only support honest people? That is laughably naive.
Yes, the equality of equal protection of the laws will reduce corruption.

Not at all. You simply ignore the economic arguments.

Yes, it does make sense. Why should the tax payers support someone who is capable of supporting themselves? Remember? I continually asked you why you should be supported by the tax payer. You never answered.

Yes, the equality of equal protection of the laws will reduce corruption.

Absolute nonsense. Having a program that sends out checks (from the tax payers) without verifying income, means, and/or need is ripe for corruption.

How will your new UC program prevent corruption?

Yes, it does make sense. Why should the tax payers support someone who is capable of supporting themselves? Remember? I continually asked you why you should be supported by the tax payer. You never answered.
I already told you, you have no basis to care. Just quit on an at-will basis.

Absolute nonsense. Having a program that sends out checks (from the tax payers) without verifying income, means, and/or need is ripe for corruption.

How will your new UC program prevent corruption?
Simply making stories and assuming your conclusion like usual, right-winger. You need a valid argument as to how that would be the case not simply You proclaiming you are for the "gospel Truth".

I already told you, you have no basis to care. Just quit on an at-will basis.

Given that I have stated, repeatedly, that the tax payers should not have to support someone who is capable of working, why would I want to quit and draw a check from the tax payers?

You are simply dodging the question.

Simply making stories and assuming your conclusion like usual, right-winger. You need a valid argument as to how that would be the case not simply You proclaiming you are for the "gospel Truth".

Really? Then perhaps you could do the courtesy of the same? You have not stated a single reason why your "New & Improved" unemployment compensation would have less corruption, even though you want the methods for preventing corruption removed.

Given that I have stated, repeatedly, that the tax payers should not have to support someone who is capable of working, why would I want to quit and draw a check from the tax payers?

You are simply dodging the question.
Why complain about it when you can simply quit. You have no Standing.

Really? Then perhaps you could do the courtesy of the same? You have not stated a single reason why your "New & Improved" unemployment compensation would have less corruption, even though you want the methods for preventing corruption removed.
Equal protection of the Law is what helps prevent corruption.

I don't disagree...sadly people still break the law....and even Senators, Mayors and the like can be prosecuted for violating the law.
“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France
No sure what the law was in France in early 1900s that he was talking about....but great...it literally has no baring on your prior post that I was responding to, or the laws of the United States and the 50 States.

But nonetheless a pretty quote

Forum List

Back