Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

For unemployment compensation?

Means testing is more useful for welfare not compensation for simply being unemployed.

So you are suggesting that unemployment compensation be given to every person who does not have a job? Regardless of their financial status? Really?

So you are suggesting that unemployment compensation be given to every person who does not have a job? Regardless of their financial status? Really?
I don't view it as a problem since it is a form of Minimum wage. Besides, it is the Rich who are most conscious of their tax liabilities. And, having to report to Government is not something the Rich enjoy doing.

I don't view it as a problem since it is a form of Minimum wage. Besides, it is the Rich who are most conscious of their tax liabilities. And, having to report to Government is not something the Rich enjoy doing.

But they do it nonetheless. Just like I dislike paying taxes, but I do it.

But, you did not answer the question. Is your new UC intended to be available for everyone without a job? No matter what their financial status?

You simply appeal to ignorance of (micro) economics and the habits of the Rich. Many have several jobs they would not want to quit to merely collect unemployment compensation.

And many make their living through investments, and so do not have an actual job.

Will they be eligible for your version of unemployment compensation?

Forum List

Back