Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

Income from any source seems to cover the "greed versus need" issue on an at-will basis without the need for means testing.

And that means what? Will everyone get to draw a check from your new unemployment compensation, regardless of their financial status?

Whatever would give you that impression other than being on the right-wing?

You have spoken at length about how means testing is the cause of the difference between an economic multiplier of 0.8 for welfare and 2.0 for UC.

And your claim is that everyone without a job should be able to collect unemployment compensation.

You have spoken at length about how means testing is the cause of the difference between an economic multiplier of 0.8 for welfare and 2.0 for UC.

And your claim is that everyone without a job should be able to collect unemployment compensation.
You seem to ignore this statement: Income from any source seems to cover the "greed versus need" issue on an at-will basis without the need for means testing.

You seem to ignore this statement: Income from any source seems to cover the "greed versus need" issue on an at-will basis without the need for means testing.

And I asked what that meant.

Are you claiming that actually needing the money is the deciding factor?

Solving simple poverty on an at-will basis to promote the general welfare and better automatically stabilize our economy.

So you keep saying. And allowing retirees to supplement their retirement 401ks and other savings with the $31,200.00 from unemployment would help the economy.

So you keep saying. And allowing retirees to supplement their retirement 401ks and other savings with the $31,200.00 from unemployment would help the economy.
It could be up to Congress or the States to allow that to happen in cases of general need.

Terms like "retirement" and "employment" should have definite meaning. "UI" and
"At will" as well.

For example, "At will" means the employer owns your ass so long you can't legally claim discrimination, which while entirely possible is also independent of your will. It offers absolutely nothing for workers. It further empowers employers, the biggest most. That's why it exists. One should just call this pig a pig instead trying to repurpose or apply lipstick to it.

"At will" as well.

For example, "At will" means the employer owns your ass so long you can't legally claim discrimination, which while entirely possible is also independent of your will. It offers absolutely nothing for workers. It further empowers employers, the biggest most. That's why it exists. One should just call this pig a pig instead trying to repurpose or apply lipstick to it.
They do. Only right-wingers appeal to ignorance of terminology but want to be taken as seriously as the "gospel Truth" according to Scripture.

"At will" as well.

I agree with you about the one-sidedness of that particular law. However, I also agree with the Unemployment Compensation rule that does not allow someone who quit their job to be able to draw compensation.

And I especially do not agree with Daniel's fantasy unemployment compensation which will pay the equivalent of $15 per hour to anyone who does not have a job. Whether they qui, were fired, haven't worked in years or never had a job, Daniel wants them to have $31,200.00 per year from the tax payer.

I agree with you about the one-sidedness of that particular law. However, I also agree with the Unemployment Compensation rule that does not allow someone who quit their job to be able to draw compensation.
Only right-wingers "hate equality and equal protection of the law" but are willing to be just plain hypocrites in border threads.

And I especially do not agree with Daniel's fantasy unemployment compensation which will pay the equivalent of $15 per hour to anyone who does not have a job. Whether they qui, were fired, haven't worked in years or never had a job, Daniel wants them to have $31,200.00 per year from the tax payer.
I demur. You merely appeal to ignorance of economics as well but still want to be taken as seriously as the "gospel Truth".

Liberals issue their Right to have Feelings Confirmed in many ways everyday so nothing more once again than an unrealistic virtue signaling

Right-wingers enjoy being drama queens and making up right-wing fantasy, even at the expense of the Poor or less fortunate.

Yeah, I'd have to review the thread to check your numbers, but other than "demur"ring and personal attack, I don't see him subsequently arguing those points either. I was attempting to say the same more generally. Words matter.

Yeah, I'd have to review the thread to check your numbers, but other than "demur"ring and personal attack, I don't see him subsequently arguing those points either. I was attempting to say the same more generally. Words matter.
Reading comprehension may be too much work for the right-wing.

Forum List

Back