🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

Education can be acquired just as easily through personal study and experimentation. In fact that's how my of what is taught in a formal setting was learned to begin with.

Unfortunately we have too many who care more about having the degree than knowing anything they learned from the degree.
The best part of education is to teach how to learn and be inquizatize. You graduate it is the beginning of your learning.
Seems like shutting down other people's opinions is the opposite of that. Like signing up for those classes is the end of learning.
It depends on how you approach your class. I believe in listening to opinions that I disagree with

I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
You wouldn't be posting here if your net worth was even a fraction of 1 million.

Nice try, moron.
I hate to disappoint you but my net worth is the truth but you are probably right that I am a moron for posting here.

So what were the winning lottery numbers when you won?
Why does it make you mad I have a certain amount of money. I think you feel the money implies I am a better person than you think I am. The money only shows I was a decent business person. It does not mean I am a good person. But I am a great person but it has nothing to do with the money I have.
I think you are jealous of what a great person I am.

No, it makes me think you are a bald-faced liar.
Bald head liar or a bold face liar, either way I am not lying. It does not matter if you feel I am lying. I question whether you are really John Wayne or an Admiral. But it does not matter whether I believe you either.

You wouldn't be posting here if your net worth was even a fraction of 1 million.

Nice try, moron.
I hate to disappoint you but my net worth is the truth but you are probably right that I am a moron for posting here.

Why does it make you mad I have a certain amount of money. I think you feel the money implies I am a better person than you think I am. The money only shows I was a decent business person. It does not mean I am a good person. But I am a great person but it has nothing to do with the money I have.

Bald head liar or a bold face liar, either way I am not lying. It does not matter if you feel I am lying. I question whether you are really John Wayne or an Admiral. But it does not matter whether I believe you either.

I am neither. The character was played by John Wayne.

Your attitude and demeanor depicts you as a liar. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You even screwed up the description. There is no such thing as a "bold face liar". Your education fails you yet again Mr, Faux Millionaire.

You even screwed up the description. There is no such thing as a "bold face liar". Your education fails you yet again Mr, Faux Millionaire.
Your words really hurt, Admiral.

Your words really hurt, Admiral.

I call a spade a spade.

Maybe you should take that so-called money and go back to school. I am sure some liberal arts college will be more than happy to accept your tuition as long as it isn't Monopoly money.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

Can you share with us a link to the Pew study?

Trump did not cause this loss of confidence in colleges and universities, the colleges and universities did that. Students are running up debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees that do not improve their career prospects. Did you think people wouldn't notice?
No, the GOP BS propaganda machine caused it. You people are basically insane....College grads make much more...

Trump did not cause this loss of confidence in colleges and universities, the colleges and universities did that. Students are running up debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees that do not improve their career prospects. Did you think people wouldn't notice?

You are citing just stupid facts that in no way fit the liberal narrative that Trump has made America bad. Besides, it's Trump fault that those students have so much debt. If he and the Koch boys would take all their money they could give free college to everyone. #liberal logic!

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.
img_6400-jpg.138414

No, the GOP BS propaganda machine caused it. You people are basically insane....College grads make much more...

I guess the Republicans also caused so many with college degrees to choose different careers, such as bartending. Nearly all my son's friends are college educated, and there's a bunch of them. They're 30ish. Only one, an engineer, is doing something in his field, and even then it's the easy way out. A government position, with little to no work. Anyone can work govt.

My son doesn't have a degree. Works his ass off, mostly as a commercial fisherman. Hopefully he settles on formal maritime training, and does it soon. Should come easy for him, he's been doing this nine years. Doesn't help he's getting a greater cut.

It's because so many colleges aren't teaching the skills needed for life. They are more interested in churning out social justice warriors. So, there is no value in that. It's a fucking waste of money to send your kid to college so they can be indoctrinated by radical professors. That is the dumbing down of Americans. For fuck's sake, they teach them that they need safe spaces so they don't hear any opinion not pound into their brains by the professors.

We need to get back to basics.

t's because so many colleges aren't teaching the skills needed for life. BINGO..Practical application is lost.

They are more interested in churning out social justice warriors. For many it produces the opposite effect. This is because their narratives surrounding social justice are lies, never mind out of place.

So, there is no value in that. It's a fucking waste of money to send your kid to college so they can be indoctrinated by radical professors. I try to push my kids into skilled trade school, and/or if a University, medical, technical, useful science or math. I wouldn't mind hotel hospitality either. Two of my kids could pull it off and connections help. Heck an accountant makes bank, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone..HA! Useful stuff, something in demand that pays well and almost enjoyable. If someone is chasing liberal arts.........You're destined to work for the government, and about anyone can do that. Even a business major is worth beans, course depends on the school.

That is the dumbing down of Americans. For fuck's sake, they teach them that they need safe spaces so they don't hear any opinion not pound into their brains by the professors. And this is why I explained in another thread, Indians are better options than Americans in the IT world. They're more efficient and capable without the drama.

We need to get back to basics. And that's why.

Another problem is that parents aren't teaching their children skills they need. So many seem programmed to leave it up to the schools to do the parenting. That is not working out. The teachers that do want to teach the basic stuff can't handle all the undisciplined, disrespectful kids. Other schools are trying to usurp parent authority. It's a mess.

Involved, intelligent parents working with good teachers is now a thing of the past. We are doomed.

I guess the Republicans also caused so many with college degrees to choose different careers, such as bartending. Nearly all my son's friends are college educated, and there's a bunch of them. They're 30ish. Only one, an engineer, is doing something in his field, and even then it's the easy way out. A government position, with little to no work. Anyone can work govt.

My son doesn't have a degree. Works his ass off, mostly as a commercial fisherman. Hopefully he settles on formal maritime training, and does it soon. Should come easy for him, he's been doing this nine years. Doesn't help he's getting a greater cut.
Damn straight, GOP economy the last 35 years. Their tax rates and service cutting....

We use to have solid higher learning institutions in this country. Education these days is based on liberal propaganda and MTV.

It seems your opinions are framed by Limbaugh, Hannity, and all other conservative sources of propaganda; your propensity to post only echoes of such, and personal attacks on millions of Americans you know nothing about, have never met nor ever will is in sum vapid insipidity.

We use to have solid higher learning institutions in this country. Education these days is based on liberal propaganda and MTV.

It seems your opinions are framed by Limbaugh, Hannity, and all other conservative sources of propaganda; your propensity to post only echoes of such, and personal attacks on millions of Americans you know nothing about, have never met nor ever will is in sum vapid insipidity.

Right. Limbaugh lied about this.

berkeley-milo-masked-protester-getty-640x480.jpg

20kshvf-640x418.jpg

694940094001_5307846151001_tweet-843.jpg

Certainly the Republican Party should be opening trade schools for conservatives.

Ditch Digger University (Dig holes in the ground, just like Jesus did)
Burger Flipper College (We put the BITE in This Bites)
Steaming Manure Labs (Learn how to have a talk-radio show)
Water Carrier Technical High School (Where poor people learn to defend rich people, because rich people have no one to defend them)
Three Teeth Institute (Learn how to eat with only three teeth)
Confederate Flag School of Pining (Where you'll learn to never let the past go, whether it was 5 years ago or 150 years ago)
Tennessee School of Hatin' n Scapegoating (We show you how to blame others for your misery. Credits Transferable to Steaming Manure Labs)
The Money Changers College of Worshipping Money (Learn how to feel inferior to and worship anyone that has more money than you. Especially billionaires.)

I responded seriously and honestly, and even respectfully to your post.

And this is how you reply?

YOu just demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the very concept of the free exchange of ideas, or competition of ideas.

Quite ironic coming from the person emotionally defending higher education. As it is currently practiced.

LOL

No idea what you are talking about. I don't remember reading any posts in this thread. My post was humorous and general and didn't quote you. Why would you think it was a response to something you said? Which post did you post? I miss most post in a thread in any case.

NOthing about your bigotry and hate is funny.

Troll much?

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
Up to this point in America you can have only a high school education and do just fine here, unfortunately progressives want to end that. They want to indoctrinate our youth. Dip shit
The easiest thing in the world is spent less than you make…

WTF is a woos?

Are you looking forward to moving up the high school in three years?
You are a woos.

I am a word that does not exist?

You need to sue the college where you got that Master's for educational malpractice, because you are obviously still an idiot.
Are you one of those litigious bastards that is always looking for an excuse to file a suit to make an easy buck?

No, but you should. Using made-up words in discussions with adults. Sue your school!
If I did not get a good education it is not the school's fault. It is my fault.
Take accountability for your life.
You are one of those who blames the government, Obama, when he was in office, for your problems. That is a woos.
Some people have the ability to resist Indoctrination… lol

Forum List

Back