Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

Are you saying Americans can't do trade jobs?
Is making a sneaker in a sweatshop a "trade job?"
Umm,yes.Did you think it was an office job?
Then yeah, plenty of people here can make sneakers in sweatshops. Go on and make that proposal. See what happens.
As soon as you get enough people college educated and bringing in foreigners to work that may be the only job.

Yeah educating Americans and bringing educated foreigners willing to work for the benefit of America is going to force you into a 3rd world sweatshop.

Good fucking grief :rolleyes:
Educated in what? Let's start there.

They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

Education can be acquired just as easily through personal study and experimentation. In fact that's how my of what is taught in a formal setting was learned to begin with.

Unfortunately we have too many who care more about having the degree than knowing anything they learned from the degree.
The best part of education is to teach how to learn and be inquizatize. You graduate it is the beginning of your learning.

Is making a sneaker in a sweatshop a "trade job?"
Umm,yes.Did you think it was an office job?
Then yeah, plenty of people here can make sneakers in sweatshops. Go on and make that proposal. See what happens.
As soon as you get enough people college educated and bringing in foreigners to work that may be the only job.

Yeah educating Americans and bringing educated foreigners willing to work for the benefit of America is going to force you into a 3rd world sweatshop.

Good fucking grief :rolleyes:
Educated in what? Let's start there.
Computer languages and coding. Your turn.

I have a bachelors and a J.D., and I voted for Trump. But if you get a degree in something like gender studies or sociology, you're basically a walking waste or oxygen.

To be fair I have a bachelor's and a JD as well and I tend to think the JD was just as worth less. I remember my legal writing class editing the paper of a student a year ahead of me. It was so grammaticality bad and badly written I still to this day have no clue what he was trying to argue. One paragraph was literally two pages long. Guy is probably a judge now.

3L was just a regurgitation of the previous two years. I seriously think we could do mandatory courses for the bar in one year and have people learn out in the real world and save hundreds of thousands for attorneys everywhere
Intelligent people can take all education and learning and make it worth something.
Stupid people think they need to take classes and the classes should do it for them. You need to work on making it provide value for you.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?
I respect an intelligent Barista over a stupid POTUS.

I agree. I know a lot of baristas who were smarter than Obama
I've seen dog turds smarter but Obama ate those right after the dog.
Obama was not a perfect President but person of high character and a very good President. Having Trump follow him is going to make him that much better in history.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).

You make the case for why colleges are failing. Look at the shit-for-brains a lot of colleges are churning out.
Colleges are not perfect. They do turn out a lot of idiots; Donald Trump is an example.
We need to focus education on skills needed in today's work force. The US has to go to India and other countries to find people with the education needed because there are not enough in the USA.

I wish I were an idiot billionaire.

Or I could just be a Trump-hater like you and skip the billionaire part!
Just because you have a billion dollars does not mean you are not an idiot.
I have a few million dollars and you think I am an idiot. If I had a billion dollars would you think I was real smart?

Don't you mean you have a few million excuses for your ignorance? No one apparently as dumb as you could have a few million unless they hit the lottery.

If you inherited a billion, yes, you could be an idiot.

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?

I've seen dog turds smarter but Obama ate those right after the dog.
Obama was not a perfect President but person of high character and a very good President. Having Trump follow him is going to make him that much better in history.

The only reason he had "high" character was his smoking pot!

Trump is systematically unraveling everything Obama did, He will best be known as the 44th President and that will be about all that is remembered other than his skin color.

Last edited:
Sometimes college is good. Sometimes it's a complete waste of time and money.

Niece 1- Teacher. Worth it, kind of. Once she hits the private sector she'll make better money.

Niece 2- Pharmacist. Well worth it. Holy shit that girl's making some serious cash.

Niece 3- Art. Total waste.

It's not that all college is bad. College for all is bad.
It is what one makes of it. College does provide more opportunities but one must take advantage of the opportunities.
You have to know what you want before you get there. Stupid crap like art or liberal arts are worthless the minute you sign up for it. That's why I think kids should do two years military first.

When will you people understand that the military doesn't want anyone for just two years. It is a waste of time, money and effort. That is why no one offers a two-year enlistment!

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
You wouldn't be posting here if your net worth was even a fraction of 1 million.

Nice try, moron.
I hate to disappoint you but my net worth is the truth but you are probably right that I am a moron for posting here.

So what were the winning lottery numbers when you won?

No......you are wrong.

That just shows your own incredible ignorance.

Well, when the snowflakes majors are things like, Gender Studies, Philosophy, Art History, Literature, Fine Arts, Sociology, et cetera, you can't expect much out of them, they're of no value in the actual working world.

No......you are wrong.

I know a lot of bars who were smarter than Obama, and they were made out of wood!

You make the case for why colleges are failing. Look at the shit-for-brains a lot of colleges are churning out.
Colleges are not perfect. They do turn out a lot of idiots; Donald Trump is an example.
We need to focus education on skills needed in today's work force. The US has to go to India and other countries to find people with the education needed because there are not enough in the USA.

I have a few million dollars and you think I am an idiot. If I had a billion dollars would you think I was real smart?

Don't you mean you have a few million excuses for your ignorance? No one apparently as dumb as you could have a few million unless they hit the lottery.

You are beyond stupid if you think if one has big money that means they are smart. That also implies those without money are stupid.

Nice quote, but you failed to comment on anything.

The spin from the "poll" is a lie and fake news but it is more of an indication and a symbol of the desperate fantasy inherent in the angry incoherent left these days. They don't have an agenda or a view about the future of the United States and , sadly, all they have is anger

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
You wouldn't be posting here if your net worth was even a fraction of 1 million.

Nice try, moron.
I hate to disappoint you but my net worth is the truth but you are probably right that I am a moron for posting here.

Why does it make you mad I have a certain amount of money. I think you feel the money implies I am a better person than you think I am. The money only shows I was a decent business person. It does not mean I am a good person. But I am a great person but it has nothing to do with the money I have.
I think you are jealous of what a great person I am.

in order to go to college you usually have to take ruinous debt and theres no guarantee your chosen field will keep you employed in the future.

I have two degrees one college, one from the lessons of life. learned a lot from both. (still cant spell) if I got to make the rules (with the exception of people who have known what they wanted to be from early on ) kids just out of high school should work for at least 2 years, maybe throw a little travel in if so inclined. some fields sound glamorous, or big money makers. but don't match there skill set. most 18 year olds don't have the life experience to make the best choice, could be the first 2 years should just be general edu study's

You cannot spell because you don't have to, thanks to technology that dumbs us down. Between that, auto-correction with search engines etc, add a dose of poor vision with age, I'm a vegetable sitting behind the web.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

Education can be acquired just as easily through personal study and experimentation. In fact that's how my of what is taught in a formal setting was learned to begin with.

Unfortunately we have too many who care more about having the degree than knowing anything they learned from the degree.
The best part of education is to teach how to learn and be inquizatize. You graduate it is the beginning of your learning.
Seems like shutting down other people's opinions is the opposite of that. Like signing up for those classes is the end of learning.

Nice try, moron.

Why does it make you mad I have a certain amount of money. I think you feel the money implies I am a better person than you think I am. The money only shows I was a decent business person. It does not mean I am a good person. But I am a great person but it has nothing to do with the money I have.
I think you are jealous of what a great person I am.

No, it makes me think you are a bald-faced liar.

Forum List

Back