Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

Sometimes college is good. Sometimes it's a complete waste of time and money.

Niece 1- Teacher. Worth it, kind of. Once she hits the private sector she'll make better money.

Niece 2- Pharmacist. Well worth it. Holy shit that girl's making some serious cash.

Niece 3- Art. Total waste.

It's not that all college is bad. College for all is bad.
It is what one makes of it. College does provide more opportunities but one must take advantage of the opportunities.
True, but the problem with most higher education in this country is the indoctrination that goes with it.

Colleges no longer see themselves as institutions of learning but agencies of social justice. They no longer have a valuem
Only in your warped mind.
They can stop their violence and student protests.
Its called freedom of speech, idiot!! Dont you fucking tell anyone how they should act

Violence is not speech, you nazi brown shirt.
Your kind is really good at taking isolated examples of an event and blaming them on everyone.

People are being too hard on republicans. College is harmful to them because they're allergic to education.

woo
wo͞o/
verb
3rd person present: woos
  1. try to gain the love of (someone, typically a woman), especially with a view to marriage.
    "he wooed her with quotes from Shakespeare"
    synonyms: romantically pursue, pursue, chase (after); More
    • seek the favor, support, or custom of.
      "pop stars are being wooed by film companies eager to sign them up"
      synonyms: seek, pursue, curry favor with, try to win, try to attract, try to cultivate
      "the party wooed voters with promises"
I stated earlier that you're an educated idiot. By your use of "woos" incorrectly, you just proved my assertion.

Like I said: "If what you say about yourself is true..."

Nope, folks, it ain't true.
I have really gotten under your skin. Sorry about that; not really, I am not sorry at all. I am a truth teller.

For someone as irrelevant and ignorant as you are, them"getting under my skin" is an impossibility. I was simply pointing out how clueless you are.

Masters Degree? Sorry Dude, I call bullshit on that The only degree you have is your rectal body temperature
I appreciate your attempt to point these things out, but I do disagree with your points.
I do think I have gotten under your skin but I do not think it takes much to get under your skin. You appear to one who is mad at the world. Quit blaming the world and take responsibility for your life. Put the energy you put into anger and use use the energy to help yourself. Lose the anger, dude.

Projecting are we?

I am where I am because I worked hard. Government didn't do that.

I am retired and not to the Government dime. Even Social Security. I am eligible for SS but I may never enroll. It's not worth the amount I would receive to go through the hassle.

So chill Dude. From some of your comments you're the angry one.

I'm fat, sassy, and over-loved. I get more whoopie in a week than you get all month (unless you have to pay for it, which I don't doubt).[/QUOT
If you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.
If Bill Clinton gets more "whoopee" than you, does that make him a better person than you?

f you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.
If Bill Clinton gets more "whoopee" than you, does that make him a better person than you?
Slick willy is into sex trafficking...

Certainly the Republican Party should be opening trade schools for conservatives.

Ditch Digger University (Dig holes in the ground, just like Jesus did)
Burger Flipper College (We put the BITE in This Bites)
Steaming Manure Labs (Learn how to have a talk-radio show)
Water Carrier Technical High School (Where poor people learn to defend rich people, because rich people have no one to defend them)
Three Teeth Institute (Learn how to eat with only three teeth)
Confederate Flag School of Pining (Where you'll learn to never let the past go, whether it was 5 years ago or 150 years ago)
Tennessee School of Hatin' n Scapegoating (We show you how to blame others for your misery. Credits Transferable to Steaming Manure Labs)
The Money Changers College of Worshipping Money (Learn how to feel inferior to and worship anyone that has more money than you. Especially billionaires.)

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA
They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.
Higher education would be great for a certain amount of people, but the problem is that Indoctrination that goes with it makes it not worth it in most cases.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?
I respect an intelligent Barista over a stupid POTUS.

I agree. I know a lot of baristas who were smarter than Obama
I've seen dog turds smarter but Obama ate those right after the dog.
Obama was not a perfect President but person of high character and a very good President. Having Trump follow him is going to make him that much better in history.
:lmao:
Barry was a fucking piece of dog shit and still is... high character? you are fucking stupid in the head.
He was a shit president, there would be no trump if there was no Obama… Shit for brains

Have read 22 books cover to cover so far this year. :) Reading 2 right now. Halfway through Jewish Supremacism and just started the latest Vince Flynn book which is written by Kyle Mills.
FOS as usual
We all know you are full of shit,you are a liberal after all. If you had goodreads.com you could see all the books I have read this year. I set a goal at the beginning of the year and read every night usually for 2 hours.

Good goal. I wish I had the time. With work and raising a family I'm lucky if I get a full hour of readiing done.

Course I do waste time on here which probably doesn't help lol
Yep. Watching 3 kids full time is my job right now so its PRETTY STRESSFUL,reading is my quiet peaceful time to unwind and fill my head with knowledge at same time. Mostly cleaning my bookshelves off right now,I believe there is over 200 on there and over 1,000 at library system I intend to read eventually.

That's why I get up an hour early to do some studying before work. Two chapters in the scriptures. Some Spanish and Irish language training. Then usually something else depending on my mood.
Moron!

Trump did not cause this loss of confidence in colleges and universities, the colleges and universities did that. Students are running up debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees that do not improve their career prospects. Did you think people wouldn't notice?
No, the GOP BS propaganda machine caused it. You people are basically insane....College grads make much more...
For young people just getting out of high school, come up here and work in the oil/Fracking fields, coal mines in the northern plains for ten years or less. Save as much as you can and you'll never have to worry about money again the rest of your life. Easiest thing in the world is to spend less than you make....

I totally agree that colleges and universities no long provide value to our society. I would much prefer an emphasis on vocational education/training.

Trump did not cause this loss of confidence in colleges and universities, the colleges and universities did that. Students are running up debts in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees that do not improve their career prospects. Did you think people wouldn't notice?
No, the GOP BS propaganda machine caused it. You people are basically insane....College grads make much more...
For young people just getting out of high school, come up here and work in the oil/Fracking fields, coal mines in the northern plains for ten years or less. Save as much as you can and you'll never have to worry about money again the rest of your life. Easiest thing in the world is to spend less than you make....
I will make sure my doctor and dentist do that, so they won't have to attend college.

We use to have solid higher learning institutions in this country. Education these days is based on liberal propaganda and MTV.

It seems your opinions are framed by Limbaugh, Hannity, and all other conservative sources of propaganda; your propensity to post only echoes of such, and personal attacks on millions of Americans you know nothing about, have never met nor ever will is in sum vapid insipidity.
My opinion is based on fact. Your opinion doesn't matter because you need a huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government to think and do everything for you.

Why should a student be indebted 200-300k after graduation?

So you can hope to earn $500K/yr

I'm not arguing that it doesn't open doors. There is no value in an extra 300-500k when you owe that much coming out.

Huh?

$500K a year is like $25K month after taxes.
A payment on the loan would be around $2k a month.

No one makes 500k a year coming out of college. This is accumulative over a 20 year period and yes, I do believe a degree opens doors to give one an advantage to make more in a lifetime of work.

No one said they did. There are plenty of careers that are not possible at all without going into debt. It may cost up front but pays off on the back end.

Wow, the stupid runs deep in that.
I agree, but Trump voters are very proud of that deeply running stupid in them.
You need to get out more and meet real people instead of cartoons.
I have. Not my fault most Trump supporters turn out to be cartoon parodies of themselves.
Obviously you have not, because you think that.
I have. And at this point, I think I can say I know that. Just had dinner with my dad and some of his friends earlier tonight. They briefly parroted Republican nonsense before going back to our unspoken agreement to never talk about politics. Happened moments after they said liberals were inviting sharia law into the country, and I reminded them that it's conservatives who are fighting to codify the same beliefs of sharia into law in this country.

Which is clearly nonsense, as no conservatives are advocating that women be mutilated and hidden because men fear their sexuality. Nor are any advocating that criminals be mutilated for robbery. IOW, your beliefs are as fallacious as those you accuse others of holding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colleges no longer see themselves as institutions of learning but agencies of social justice. They no longer have a valuem
Only in your warped mind.
They can stop their violence and student protests.

No, they cave in to them. Look at what occurred at some shitty school of higher snowflake indoctrination did recently. BLM folks took over admin. (literally), and made some demands, and school officials rolled over onto their backs and whizzed all over themselves, promising to meet all demands....ON OUR DIME and at the expense of OUR EDUCATION MFers. As for the demands, black segregation and special privileges. This is MLK giving today's progressives the high sign:

middle_finger-624x351.jpg

Yep, going to hell in a hand basket.
We've never seen such shenanigans on college campuses before. :laugh2:

Send in the National Guard!

Honestly now, have you ever read a book cover to cover?
Have read 22 books cover to cover so far this year. :) Reading 2 right now. Halfway through Jewish Supremacism and just started the latest Vince Flynn book which is written by Kyle Mills.
FOS as usual
We all know you are full of shit,you are a liberal after all. If you had goodreads.com you could see all the books I have read this year. I set a goal at the beginning of the year and read every night usually for 2 hours.
Bullshyte sweetie pie. You wouldn't know the truth if it was thrust into your honey pot.

What does the truth have to do with reading books?

How many do you read right now? I usually have up to five at a time. Depends on my moods. I just wish I had time to focus on all of them all the time
Great! Congrats on your personal growth.
Now try and get a job that requires you to be masters prepared.

Liberals are such children. Tell them that their expensive education in Early Celtic Transgender Basketweaving is worthless and they will immediately scream back "you don't want me to be a heart surgeon!"

Yes they do but they believe in freedom of choice for individuals.
Not the government telling them what to do.
Tech schools are just as good with good pay.

Sometimes college is good. Sometimes it's a complete waste of time and money.

Niece 1- Teacher. Worth it, kind of. Once she hits the private sector she'll make better money.

Niece 2- Pharmacist. Well worth it. Holy shit that girl's making some serious cash.

Niece 3- Art. Total waste.

It's not that all college is bad. College for all is bad.
It is what one makes of it. College does provide more opportunities but one must take advantage of the opportunities.
True, but the problem with most higher education in this country is the indoctrination that goes with it.

Don't forget the nice paychecks.

Forum List

Back