Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

Certainly the Republican Party should be opening trade schools for conservatives.

Ditch Digger University (Dig holes in the ground, just like Jesus did)
Burger Flipper College (We put the BITE in This Bites)
Steaming Manure Labs (Learn how to have a talk-radio show)
Water Carrier Technical High School (Where poor people learn to defend rich people, because rich people have no one to defend them)
Three Teeth Institute (Learn how to eat with only three teeth)
Confederate Flag School of Pining (Where you'll learn to never let the past go, whether it was 5 years ago or 150 years ago)
Tennessee School of Hatin' n Scapegoating (We show you how to blame others for your misery. Credits Transferable to Steaming Manure Labs)
The Money Changers College of Worshipping Money (Learn how to feel inferior to and worship anyone that has more money than you. Especially billionaires.)

I responded seriously and honestly, and even respectfully to your post.

And this is how you reply?

YOu just demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the very concept of the free exchange of ideas, or competition of ideas.

Quite ironic coming from the person emotionally defending higher education. As it is currently practiced.

LOL

No idea what you are talking about. I don't remember reading any posts in this thread. My post was humorous and general and didn't quote you. Why would you think it was a response to something you said? Which post did you post? I miss most post in a thread in any case.

They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

It is not on me to get more conservatives "interested" in higher education.

It is on you liberals to be held accountable for you discrimination. Among other sins.
We all make observations of others.
But while criticizing others we better spend more time on ourselves. Fix our own problems before we point out others problems.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?
I respect an intelligent Barista over a stupid POTUS.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

Moron...he isn't the one that wants to strand the 3rd world in 3rd world status for eternity based on a luddite view of fossil fuels and nuclear energy.......

No....those alleged successful college kids are now pushing coffee at Starbucks and going home to their parents basement...to smoke their medical marijuana, and watch their parent's Netflix account...

That is the problem with the left wing take over of universities...that degree in race/gender studies just doesn't attract the attention of the finer fast food establishments the way they used to...
You voted for Trump to bring back unskilled, obsolete jobs. Good luck competing with the self-checkout kiosk at Wal-Mart, rube.

Wow, the stupid runs deep in that.

I agree, but Trump voters are very proud of that deeply running stupid in them.

You need to get out more and meet real people instead of cartoons.

That explains how we got this government.

I have. Not my fault most Trump supporters turn out to be cartoon parodies of themselves.

Why should a student be indebted 200-300k after graduation?

So you can hope to earn $500K/yr

I'm not arguing that it doesn't open doors. There is no value in an extra 300-500k when you owe that much coming out.

Huh?

$500K a year is like $25K month after taxes.
A payment on the loan would be around $2k a month.

No one makes 500k a year coming out of college. This is accumulative over a 20 year period and yes, I do believe a degree opens doors to give one an advantage to make more in a lifetime of work.

Colleges no longer see themselves as institutions of learning but agencies of social justice. They no longer have a valuem
Only in your warped mind.
They can stop their violence and student protests.

No, they cave in to them. Look at what occurred at some shitty school of higher snowflake indoctrination did recently. BLM folks took over admin. (literally), and made some demands, and school officials rolled over onto their backs and whizzed all over themselves, promising to meet all demands....ON OUR DIME and at the expense of OUR EDUCATION MFers. As for the demands, black segregation and special privileges. This is MLK giving today's progressives the high sign:

middle_finger-624x351.jpg

Isn't it possible to support higher education and still say that colleges and universities who advocate the assault of (only) conservative speakers under the guise of free speech and threaten to expel students who are found guilty of uttering banned words might have a negative effect on the Country? Lefties still live on polls and blogs and Media Matters spin even when they don't even know what the hell they are talking about.

Last edited:

It's because so many colleges aren't teaching the skills needed for life. They are more interested in churning out social justice warriors. So, there is no value in that. It's a fucking waste of money to send your kid to college so they can be indoctrinated by radical professors. That is the dumbing down of Americans. For fuck's sake, they teach them that they need safe spaces so they don't hear any opinion not pound into their brains by the professors.

We need to get back to basics.

The two colleges financially failing are the University of Missouri and Evergreen. Enrollment is so low in Missou that dormitories are closed.

It's not all education. It's nonsense education.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

Education can be acquired just as easily through personal study and experimentation. In fact that's how my of what is taught in a formal setting was learned to begin with.

Unfortunately we have too many who care more about having the degree than knowing anything they learned from the degree.

^^ THIS, is what represents dumbing down the USA.

CS or even math degree is not something many oppose. The Marxist pure brainwashing degrees on the other hand... the people come back dumber than they went in.

Of course, one problem is that universities have become leftist churches.

Honestly now, have you ever read a book cover to cover?

Have read 22 books cover to cover so far this year. :) Reading 2 right now. Halfway through Jewish Supremacism and just started the latest Vince Flynn book which is written by Kyle Mills.

FOS as usual

We all know you are full of shit,you are a liberal after all. If you had goodreads.com you could see all the books I have read this year. I set a goal at the beginning of the year and read every night usually for 2 hours.

Good goal. I wish I had the time. With work and raising a family I'm lucky if I get a full hour of readiing done.

Course I do waste time on here which probably doesn't help lol

I have. Not my fault most Trump supporters turn out to be cartoon parodies of themselves.
Obviously you have not, because you think that.

It's because so many colleges aren't teaching the skills needed for life. They are more interested in churning out social justice warriors. So, there is no value in that. It's a fucking waste of money to send your kid to college so they can be indoctrinated by radical professors. That is the dumbing down of Americans. For fuck's sake, they teach them that they need safe spaces so they don't hear any opinion not pound into their brains by the professors.

We need to get back to basics.
To paint all colleges and all college graduates and students is like saying all Trump supporters or Republicans are the same are the same.
38% of Republicans feel that a college education is important. Social Justice is very important but it must be blended with the realities of the real world which the majority of colleges teach and the majority of students and graduates understand.

Forum List

Back