🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA
They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).

^^ THIS, is what represents dumbing down the USA.

CS or even math degree is not something many oppose. The Marxist pure brainwashing degrees on the other hand... the people come back dumber than they went in.

Of course, one problem is that universities have become leftist churches.

Honestly now, have you ever read a book cover to cover?

Have read 22 books cover to cover so far this year. :) Reading 2 right now. Halfway through Jewish Supremacism and just started the latest Vince Flynn book which is written by Kyle Mills.

FOS as usual

I have no issue with college nor do I discount it's value but the truth is it's not for everyone some people thrive in the classroom environment some people don't. There are those who learn by doing better than they do sitting in classroom reading about something we as nation now seem to greatly undervalue tradesmen and craftsmen you can make a very good living as a plumber or auto mechanic to name a couple just ask anyone who has needed one.

I strongly suspect that my plumber is a millionaire, and if not, his sons will be.

They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg
I think I'm pretty close. Why do you hate higher education?

I do not hate "higher education".

Nothing in the op justifies that characterization of the issue.

I have tremendous disagreements with the way higher education in this nation is handled.

Do you care what those are, or are you just here to troll?
I know the conservative spiel on higher education. My suggestion to you, is get more conservatives interested in higher education. Which could be difficult, as Betsy Devos' job is to make it more expensive and difficult for new people to get into higher education. And, of course, there's a conservative insurrection against higher education atm.

It is not on me to get more conservatives "interested" in higher education.

It is on you liberals to be held accountable for you discrimination. Among other sins.

I have no issue with college nor do I discount it's value but the truth is it's not for everyone some people thrive in the classroom environment some people don't. There are those who learn by doing better than they do sitting in classroom reading about something we as nation now seem to greatly undervalue tradesmen and craftsmen you can make a very good living as a plumber or auto mechanic to name a couple just ask anyone who has needed one.

I strongly suspect that my plumber is a millionaire, and if not, his sons will be.
I know when my hot water heater went out last winter the plumber got paid a lot more than minimum wage.

CS or even math degree is not something many oppose. The Marxist pure brainwashing degrees on the other hand... the people come back dumber than they went in.

Have read 22 books cover to cover so far this year. :) Reading 2 right now. Halfway through Jewish Supremacism and just started the latest Vince Flynn book which is written by Kyle Mills.

FOS as usual

We all know you are full of shit,you are a liberal after all. If you had goodreads.com you could see all the books I have read this year. I set a goal at the beginning of the year and read every night usually for 2 hours.

FOS as usual

We all know you are full of shit,you are a liberal after all. If you had goodreads.com you could see all the books I have read this year. I set a goal at the beginning of the year and read every night usually for 2 hours.

Bullshyte sweetie pie. You wouldn't know the truth if it was thrust into your honey pot.

Why should a student be indebted 200-300k after graduation?

So you can hope to earn $500K/yr

I'm not arguing that it doesn't open doors. There is no value in an extra 300-500k when you owe that much coming out.

Huh?

$500K a year is like $25K month after taxes.
A payment on the loan would be around $2k a month.

Colleges no longer see themselves as institutions of learning but agencies of social justice. They no longer have a valuem

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?

No......you are wrong.

How many degrees in 18th century feminist poetry can Star Bucks absorb behind their counter before we have a problem...genius?
Whatever a student is interested in and wants to major in assswipe, is none of your business.

Moron...he isn't the one that wants to strand the 3rd world in 3rd world status for eternity based on a luddite view of fossil fuels and nuclear energy.......

No....those alleged successful college kids are now pushing coffee at Starbucks and going home to their parents basement...to smoke their medical marijuana, and watch their parent's Netflix account...

That is the problem with the left wing take over of universities...that degree in race/gender studies just doesn't attract the attention of the finer fast food establishments the way they used to...

No......you are wrong.

Whatever a student is interested in and wants to major in assswipe, is none of your business.

I don't care what they study, asshat......but they can't expect everyone else to pay their student loan for them either....moron...

No......you are wrong.

Then they can certainly tolerate their degree considered worthless and themselves unemployable.

Moron...he isn't the one that wants to strand the 3rd world in 3rd world status for eternity based on a luddite view of fossil fuels and nuclear energy.......

No....those alleged successful college kids are now pushing coffee at Starbucks and going home to their parents basement...to smoke their medical marijuana, and watch their parent's Netflix account...

That is the problem with the left wing take over of universities...that degree in race/gender studies just doesn't attract the attention of the finer fast food establishments the way they used to...

Who knew that universities only offer those types of degrees? :laugh2:

What the phyuck do you know sweetie. You are a lying piece of low life garbage.

What the phyuck do you know sweetie. You are a lying piece of low life garbage.

Who no doubt spends all his pennies on guns and related paraphernalia.

Forum List

Back