🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Majority of Republicans do not see value in a higher education

Having been through all levels of higher education, I can tell you that is not worth the cost. I learned far more with library books for free and experiments than my formal education

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).
Trump represents the dumbing down of the USA
Yes, because, as 2016 election polling prediction demonstrated, Democrats are so great at accurate polling... :p

According to Pew research, By a steep 22-point margin, Republicans now believe American colleges and universities have a net negative effect on the country. In 2010, Republicans still said college was a good thing by a 26-point margin. So that’s a complete collapse in GOP support for higher education (self-identified Democrats and independents have always thought college is good by overwhelming, 40-point plus margins, and still do).

Why should a student be indebted 200-300k after graduation?

^^ THIS, is what represents dumbing down the USA.

CS or even math degree is not something many oppose. The Marxist pure brainwashing degrees on the other hand... the people come back dumber than they went in.

Of course, one problem is that universities have become leftist churches.

Honestly now, have you ever read a book cover to cover?

Chances are I am way more educated than you, dumbling.

Gender studies degree is useless, that's probably what you have to make such a clueless statement.

Wouldn't it have been better to just answer him with a book?

You are a woos.

woo
wo͞o/
verb
3rd person present: woos
  1. try to gain the love of (someone, typically a woman), especially with a view to marriage.
    "he wooed her with quotes from Shakespeare"
    synonyms: romantically pursue, pursue, chase (after); More
    • seek the favor, support, or custom of.
      "pop stars are being wooed by film companies eager to sign them up"
      synonyms: seek, pursue, curry favor with, try to win, try to attract, try to cultivate
      "the party wooed voters with promises"
I stated earlier that you're an educated idiot. By your use of "woos" incorrectly, you just proved my assertion.

Like I said: "If what you say about yourself is true..."

Nope, folks, it ain't true.
I have really gotten under your skin. Sorry about that; not really, I am not sorry at all. I am a truth teller.

For someone as irrelevant and ignorant as you are, them"getting under my skin" is an impossibility. I was simply pointing out how clueless you are.

Masters Degree? Sorry Dude, I call bullshit on that The only degree you have is your rectal body temperature
I appreciate your attempt to point these things out, but I do disagree with your points.
I do think I have gotten under your skin but I do not think it takes much to get under your skin. You appear to one who is mad at the world. Quit blaming the world and take responsibility for your life. Put the energy you put into anger and use use the energy to help yourself. Lose the anger, dude.

Projecting are we?

I am where I am because I worked hard. Government didn't do that.

I am retired and not to the Government dime. Even Social Security. I am eligible for SS but I may never enroll. It's not worth the amount I would receive to go through the hassle.

So chill Dude. From some of your comments you're the angry one.

I'm fat, sassy, and over-loved. I get more whoopie in a week than you get all month (unless you have to pay for it, which I don't doubt).

So the evil rich bankers can fail and make the libs happy.

So you can hope to earn $500K/yr

I'm not arguing that it doesn't open doors. There is no value in an extra 300-500k when you owe that much coming out.

Conservatives are forever stuck in reruns of Hee Haw. Books to conservatives are like garlic to vampires. Knowledge is viewed as 'obtained by eating of the tree of good and evil' and so must be shunned. Ignorance and stupidity are permanent parts of the Republican Party plank. For conservatives educated people are dumb and dumb people are smart. Science is a waste of money which could go to a tax cut for the wealthy who will then rain down pennies on the rest of the peasants. At conservative 'universities' you flunk out for getting the answers right.

Must be nice living in a fantasy world. Is everything there made of chocolate?

Dims, if you want to do something constructive, support a viable alternative to fossil fuels that meets our needs, like nuclear power.

You don't like nuclear? The hell you say. That's why I don't really think you believe what you want us to believe.

Provide solutions, not just higher taxes and more government power, or get bent.

But if they provide solutions what will they complain about?

Having been through all levels of higher education, I can tell you that is not worth the cost. I learned far more with library books for free and experiments than my formal education
Just because you did not does not mean it will not be worth it for someone else.
Look at aggregate analysis of those who have a college degree and those who do not. Those with a college education have higher economic success than those who do not. That does not mean college is right for everyone but it provides more opportunity for those who choose to attend.

I went to college. I learned to need a safe space. While I'm not an effective employee, I do consider everyone's feelings. Unless of course said feelings fail to be in-line with my college indoctrination, because those people should just die. Exception being those who are fat, black & LGBT. We let them slide cuz they're cute.
You are a woos, no wonder you are another failure who voted for Trump.

WTF is a woos?

Are you looking forward to moving up the high school in three years?
You are a woos.

I am a word that does not exist?

You need to sue the college where you got that Master's for educational malpractice, because you are obviously still an idiot.
Are you one of those litigious bastards that is always looking for an excuse to file a suit to make an easy buck?

You only make money if you have a case

I'm not arguing that it doesn't open doors. There is no value in an extra 300-500k when you owe that much coming out.
You do not have to owe that much. There is a way to obtain a 4 year degree without accruing huge debt. You can use a JC the first two years etc. Kids need information on how to get a degree without spending a fortune. I agree that the profit motive of education pushes kids into schools and loans they do not need. The student loan companies are making big bucks

You are a woos.

woo
wo͞o/
verb
  1. try to gain the love of (someone, typically a woman), especially with a view to marriage.
      synonyms: seek, pursue, curry favor with, try to win, try to attract, try to cultivate
I stated earlier that you're an educated idiot. By your use of "woos" incorrectly, you just proved my assertion.

I have really gotten under your skin. Sorry about that; not really, I am not sorry at all. I am a truth teller.

For someone as irrelevant and ignorant as you are, them"getting under my skin" is an impossibility. I was simply pointing out how clueless you are.

Masters Degree? Sorry Dude, I call bullshit on that The only degree you have is your rectal body temperature
I appreciate your attempt to point these things out, but I do disagree with your points.
I do think I have gotten under your skin but I do not think it takes much to get under your skin. You appear to one who is mad at the world. Quit blaming the world and take responsibility for your life. Put the energy you put into anger and use use the energy to help yourself. Lose the anger, dude.

Projecting are we?

I am retired and not to the Government dime. Even Social Security. I am eligible for SS but I may never enroll. It's not worth the amount I would receive to go through the hassle.

I'm fat, sassy, and over-loved. I get more whoopie in a week than you get all month (unless you have to pay for it, which I don't doubt).[/QUOT
If you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.
If Bill Clinton gets more "whoopee" than you, does that make him a better person than you?

f you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.
If Bill Clinton gets more "whoopee" than you, does that make him a better person than you?

If you are an example of higher educations, they are probably right. Didn't you have to pass a reading comprehension test or take a course in basic logic? Believing (rightly) that many of our colleges and universities are little more than overpriced propaganda factories which produce political malcontents who do not contribute to our society in a constructive manner, this view does not portray a lack of value in higher education, nor does it represent a "dumbing down of the USA."
I went to college, I now have a net worth over 5 million dollars. I enjoy giving back to my community and nation for my good fortune.
College works if you work to make it work.
Too many Trump supporters don't want to work at obtaining the skills required in today's work force. Those skills can be obtained through higher education and trade schools.
You wouldn't be posting here if your net worth was even a fraction of 1 million.

Nice try, moron.

woo
wo͞o/
verb

Projecting are we?

I'm fat, sassy, and over-loved. I get more whoopie in a week than you get all month (unless you have to pay for it, which I don't doubt).[/QUOT
If you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.

f you get more "whoopee" than me, does that make you a better person than me.

Not at all. And yet the left relies on that class warfare to push their agenda all the time. Never makes sense to me.

Is a man who makes millions more or millions less than !e any less my brother?

They voted for Trump to stop technology from advancing. They think he'll get rid of automation and bring back 19th century jobs for them. They hate higher education because they remember being pissed as young adults when their successful friends from High School came back to visit the town and everybody made a big deal about their visit.

YOur inability to be honest about this issue, should tell you something...

thinkmcfly-hello-anybody-home-think-mcfly-think.jpg

Forum List

Back