Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

All because the USA won't release their satellite tracking images of the flight

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Is there a legitimate reason to ever turn off a transponder? I asked J.F. Joseph, who heads Joseph Aviation Consulting, which does aviation accident reconstruction and analysis.

"No reason whatsoever," he said, other than to avoid detection, as the military does.

I don't care about Flight MH370

I see the motive as to avoid detection and this seems like a sophisticated operation so the idea of suicide or batteries catching on fire doesn't fit.

what he should have said no reason whatsoever under normal conditions

a pilot may very well need to turn off a transponder it is shorting out

or overheating flying is NOT like driving a car

where you can simply pull over and get out

i know that in some new airlines there are fusible links in the line

but once they separate there is no turning them on again

Catching fire doesn't explain flying for seven hours in the wrong direction. If there was an electrical fire, why didn't it affect the engines as well?

The fact that there are 14 minutes between one communication system being shut down and the next seems that it wasn't an emergency.

Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: Investigators Keep Focus on 'Deliberate Act' - ABC News

One possible scenario:

Small cockpit fire.

Pilots turn west towards nearest runway.

Smoke incapacitates pilots.

Plane keeps flying.

Passengers can't get past armored cockpit door. It's not like there are any wrenches or sledgehammers handy.

One possible scenario:

Small cockpit fire.

Plane keeps flying.

Passengers can't get past armored cockpit door. It's not like there are any wrenches or sledgehammers handy.

But they have oxygen masks.

One possible scenario:

Small cockpit fire.

Plane keeps flying.

But they have oxygen masks.

Is there any possibility that they were overcome by a type of gas before they could get the oxygen masks on?

Additional discussion tonight that it may be in Pakistan which causes me to leap to the most sinister conclusions. What good it would do Pakistan or more specifically extremist group in Pakistan to have this plane I can't imagine. They could paint it--possibly make adaptations to the body--but if it is seen in the air--someone will know. I suppose it could be used on a suicide mission to attack Israel---or any other country. I've thought since 911--that someone would come up with a plot that no one would anticipate. This fits the bill.

The Air France crash was discovered in five days. Finding the black box took two years. This plane did not crash. Some of the debris turned out to be a pod of porpoise. This plane was taken someplace and is now in a hangar someplace.

One possible scenario:

Small cockpit fire.

Plane keeps flying.

That's a horror movie sort of like that Open Ocean movie..

The Air France crash was discovered in five days. Finding the black box took two years. This plane did not crash. Some of the debris turned out to be a pod of porpoise. This plane was taken someplace and is now in a hangar someplace.
If couple that with everything else, it does add up to something nefarious it seems, and it also seems that we have a tendency to forget the other stuff that remains huge mysteries that are involved. They are still linked as it all goes along. Then we try and simplify our reasoning for it all somehow. Hmmm, maybe it is simple, but not likely at this point.

Could the in home simulater have been used to train other terrorist for whom also may be involved ?

At this point, I think someone knows exactly what happened and for reasons of military/national security they simply can't reveal it since that'd reveal technological capabilities. The Chinese satellite imagery for example seems highly unlikely since Google Earth satellite resolution is infinitely superior. Looking at the Eiffel Tower for example you can make out individual people, yet a military satellite can't show a 70x40 foot object better than as blurry pixels? Can make out a license plate on google (can't read it, but you can at least see it.) And if that kind of resolution is of the non-classified sort then presumedly classified resolution is far better. Yet no one knows what happened to a big airliner? I don't buy it.

Should add that when ever the military makes a documentary depicting their displays and such they 'de-rez' them, blurring them so as not to reveal their true resolution. Thus anything you see on tv has been made un-classified resolution.

Last edited:
OK, let me see if I have this straight. The aircraft manufacturers are supposed to spend millions of dollars designing a transponder that can't be shut off. Then the airlines will spend even more millions retrofitting them to all their planes in service. All because ONE plane lost transponder signal and disappeared??

Will passengers be happy when all that cost gets passed on to them?

And, the planes will have to be rotated out of service to be fitted. When a flight is cancelled because the plane is in the hanger, will the passengers who can't get where they want to be say, "Oh, no problem. At least I won't vanish."

I'd be willing to bet their language will be far more 'colorful'. :eusa_whistle:

Yes instead we should simply ignore the problem.

:eusa_clap:

Brilliant.

All because the USA won't release their satellite tracking images of the flight

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Correction:

All because OBAMA won't release their satellite tracking images of the flight.

[MENTION=19448]CrusaderFrank[/MENTION]

I took the day off--the last thing I heard>>

-whatever, whatever reasons--'we now believe that the pilot/copilot were not involved in a nefarious plot'--openended--leading me to infer--'but someone on board that plane could have had sinister plans'

--the responses from high level experts from the US--'guarded'--I can't give specifics--just the way the responses are worded. very brief and a lot of "I cannot address that issue".

--otherwise---'It is difficult to search in this area, more resources are being added, families are grieving and 'We do not know'...

If it is learned at some point that any individual is responsible---there should be an international response. Pretty clear to me---Malaysia --that area was identified as a 'weak spot'--where something like this might be possible. What other such plans may now be in the works--a very sobering thought. If those involved in regulating air travel are not now gathered somewhere having serious discussions on a number of issues they should be. Somewhere in the US the highest officials involved with national security should be having in depth discussions 24/7. I would think this would be a priority for every nation on earth.

--Plane doesn't contact air traffic control as scheduled---immediate deployment of fighters to find out why. That should be the new policy.

This business about difficult to search is getting tiresome. They can spot a basketball they can't spot wreckage? A satellite can read the license plate on my car.

The plane was stolen and is being concealed someplace. Gen. McInerney knows something and he isn't telling.

Hmm.

I have been off the grid for a while. No TV, no internet, no newspapers, no cell phone....totally clueless about the latest info on the 'missing flight'.

It does not look like anything has changed much in the past week.

Hijacked plane. No airport landing. Limited fuel.

There is an exponentially shrinking universe of possible outcomes. Most of which involve a scuba diver, a jungle trek guide, or a Himalayan mountain climber finding a piece of a plane 50 years from now.

Forum List

Back