Man Charged With Murder

the gator could kill a human the 63 year old jogger ...not so much

how high does a fence need to be? simple...high enough to contain the dog...different dogs have different standards of jumping.....my doberman cant jump that high....a 4 ft fence would keep him up...but i would not trust a 4 ft fence...for pits i would only trust a double fence....with the outside being electric....and i would cap the top of it....so its a total enclosure....on a concrete pad to prevent dig outs....one of my friends did an 8 ft fence for his afghan hound....we let his mutt out....cause he is so proud of his new fence..we watch that damned dog walk up to the frence look at it and jump right over it...no running start...so he added 2 more ft...

a friend has two rotties....he has a massive 12 ft blockade fence...the rotties run at it..and hit it with total force...it will shake...some day they are gonna just push it over...

Walking and running into pits: i walk several miles a day..i know this area...i know the dogs.....
i have been told by pit people.....if a strange pit is out....stop....they say just stop and let the dog smell of you and it will mostly likely move on....(i dont take my dogs walking) their advice which i am not sure of .....stop, dont run....now i dont know if i could do that...and i am a total dog person....very few dogs scare me...

The alligator posed no threat to anyone and was killed for sport. This woman was killed by dogs that were not properly supervised. It's a big difference.

OMG

The 63 year old woman jogger posed no threat to anyone and was killed for sport. Get a fucking brain.

How do you determine this woman was killed for sport? She was killed by a pack of dogs who were not properly fenced in. It is completely different to actually hunting an animal with the intention of killing it.

The dogs killed her for "sport". They weren't starving, they have been raised this way. The alligator wasn't killing anyone at that time but they certainly have the ability to do so. Crocs kill more people worldwide than any other animal. Alligators don't kill people anywhere near as often but THEY DO kill people.

OMG

The 63 year old woman jogger posed no threat to anyone and was killed for sport. Get a fucking brain.

How do you determine this woman was killed for sport? She was killed by a pack of dogs who were not properly fenced in. It is completely different to actually hunting an animal with the intention of killing it.

The dogs killed her for "sport". They weren't starving, they have been raised this way. The alligator wasn't killing anyone at that time but they certainly have the ability to do so. Crocs kill more people worldwide than any other animal. Alligators don't kill people anywhere near as often but THEY DO kill people.

Dogs don't develop and pursue sporting activities.

They killed her because they're big dogs, and they were out of control. And they are terriers, and terriers have a strong prey drive.

I have a pit, a saint, and a PRT (parson russell terrier).

When they get into a fight, the pit is ALWAYS the first to come under control.

Why should this happen everytime a pitbull kills someone? What if a pit kills while protecting it's owner? Pits aren't any more aggressive than other "dangerous" breeds. I have had pits here that are the sweetest things ever. The owner is to blame, not the animal.

It sounds like, in a circuitous way, you actually agree with the charge, since you are blaming the owner and not the dog. Good owners have good dogs, right?

The dogs attacked this woman because they were trained to protect the owner's marijuana grow. They got out of the fenced yard, but still behaved as if they were protecting the pot farm.

The dogs attacked this woman because they were trained to protect the owner's marijuana grow. They got out of the fenced yard, but still behaved as if they were protecting the pot farm.

He's responsible for keeping them away from people, especially if their purpose is as guard dogs, even if it wasn't for the purpose of protecting plants.

Then how high should a fence be to keep a dog inside?

For my dobermans I was advised six feet. So I put up a six-foot fence. I don't want to take any chances they get out, not because I think they would hurt anybody, but because I'd be worried that someone would hurt them, thinking that they were dangerous. Or they'd get hit by a car. Whatever it takes to keep them safe is what I do.

But here is the problem - in some places you wouldn't be allowed to have a fence that high. You have to ask the council for their guidelines.
So if the council said that your fence couldn't be any higher than say, three feet, you would find it impossible to keep a dog, because the dog wouldn't be deemed as being properly fenced in.

I wouldn't live somewhere with those kinds of restrictions. But if I did, I'd either have to try an electric fence or not have a dog. What I WOULDN'T do is have dogs and let them jump over the fence and run loose all the time. Okay? There's no excuse for that.

Well, I had my own pitbull attack today. : (

Was walking my dogs, all five of them, and was approaching a park. Saw people had dogs off-leash, including a pitbull, so I pulled out my pepper spray and I stopped to see what they would do. They grabbed their dogs and I continued on. One of the guys, who owned the pitbull came running out to the street to see my dobermans while the other guy held on to the pitbull. He petted my dogs for a bit and then we continued on.

Just then a car was passing by so I was distracted with keeping my dogs off to the side of the road. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that fucking pitbull running at us. For some reason they let go of the pitbull. I had put my pepper spray away because they appeared to be controlling their dog. It all happened so fast, I didn't get my pepper spray back out in time.

The pitbull grabbed my minpin mix by the back of the neck and literally shook her. I was screaming and started kicking the pitbull as hard as I could. The man came along (he didn't seem to be hurrying all that much) and grabbed his dog. He said something like "Pebbles! What's gotten into you?" As if he was shocked that the dog behaved that way.

I screamed at him, you're not going to pay my vet bill are you, you son of a bitch. I was cussing and screaming all the way down the street. Cynthia was injured, too. At first I didn't think so, but she has a bite and will have to go in for stitches tomorrow.

Somebody told me where the guy lives so I went back down there and got his house number and called Animal Control and left a message as to what happened. I will see what they say when they call me back tomorrow. Which they had better do. We have a leash law in this town, and people need to obey it, especially people with vicious fucking mindless dogs like that.

I let Cynthia down. From now on whenever there are dogs within my sight I will have the pepper spray out, and I will spray every dog that comes near us, friendly or not. I let Cynthia down, but I won't do it again.

Someone in the neighborhood is going to shoot that fucking pitbull, and I won't be sorry to hear it. Hope they shoot it before it gets a kid.

The LAST thing you do is kick an attacking pitt. They are fighting dogs, when they are attacking any pain such as kicking only encourages them and drives them on. You can get them to let go by taking away air. Use a parting stick (hammer handle) put stick at the back of the mouth, behind the molars and apply pressure. Pitts were bred to have this method of breaking the bite, so that dogfighters can easily and quickly seperate the dogs.

A break stick is a device inserted into the mouth of a pit bull (behind the molars) to facilitate the release of its grip on another dog. You can improvise and use your fingers in a pinch. This is a tried and true method of releasing pitbull bites. Dogfighters, scum of the earth that they are, use it all the time.

Never kick or inflict any type of pain, that will only drive it on.

Yes, well, I had my hands full, I was walking five dogs at once and trying to get over to the side of the road because a car was coming. But you're right, I shouldn't have kicked it, only titillates its bloodlust. I used to defend pitbulls, but from this day on I will not.

From now on, when I see other dogs, on leash or not, I will pull out my pepper spray. I will not put it back until the dogs are out of sight. And I will spray any dog that approaches us rather than try to assess their intentions. Just spray 'em.

I called Animal Control about the pitbull attack on my little dog last night. They are coming to meet with me in a couple of hours to discuss it. Cynthia is at the vet, she will have to have anesthesia and get stitched up. There are a couple of bite wounds, one of them is quite deep.

To say that I am angry is quite an understatement. Looking into small claims court to go after the owner for my vet bill.

Technically, that is not keeping his dogs confined. So, no, they are not 'locked up.'

LOL It depends on the dog.

Yeah, see? Lets say you have a big dog and you move into a new neighbourhood, the fence is four feet high but it needs to be higher because you have a bigger dog, but council regulations say you can't have a higher fence, and you have to either move house again, or get rid of the dog.

That does happen, you know. Councils can be retarded.

Yeah, see? Lets say you have a big dog and you move into a new neighbourhood, the fence is four feet high but it needs to be higher because you have a bigger dog, but council regulations say you can't have a higher fence, and you have to either move house again, or get rid of the dog.

regardless of the size of the dog

or fence regulation

it is the responsibility of the dog owner

to keep the dog under control

or fence regulation

Yes, that is true - but lets play with this - if another dog runs up to the Pit and starts snapping at it, and the Pit snaps back, biting the other dog, is the owner at fault because he/she didn't keep the Pit under control, and should the Pit be deemed a dangerous dog and destroyed?

or fence regulation

Yes, that is true - but lets play with this - if another dog runs up to the Pit and starts snapping at it, and the Pit snaps back, biting the other dog, is the owner at fault because he/she didn't keep the Pit under control, and should the Pit be deemed a dangerous dog and destroyed?

in that case

it sounds like the other dog owner is at fault

or fence regulation

in that case

Aah, but only you have the vicious dog, the other dog is a little poodle, say. You cannot destroy a poodle for being aggressive, can you?

Off topic, but relevant to the discussion on dangerous dogs:

Monash dog fight: Kerser's fate sealed | Monash Weekly

Council THINK the dog is a Pit Bull. They decide this based on the way the dog looks. Owner doesn't agree, council doesn't care. Dog will be destroyed in a few days.

Would someone - like KG - like to have a look at the photo and see if they know what breed of dog this may be?

in that case

Aah, but only you have the vicious dog, the other dog is a little poodle, say. You cannot destroy a poodle for being aggressive, can you?

i am not for destroying any dog

the owner of the poodle should be charged

for not maintaining control of their animal

Forum List

Back