Man killed in accidental shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want about preferring to take the huge risk of keeping loaded firearms around all the time against the tiny chance of "needing" one so instantaneously, shooting someone with a loaded firearm is not an accident. Ernie has it 'right the phuque on'.

You are twice as likely to be accidently shot than you are to be purposely killed by a gun.
bullshit!

Say what you want about preferring to take the huge risk of keeping loaded firearms around all the time against the tiny chance of "needing" one so instantaneously, shooting someone with a loaded firearm is not an accident. Ernie has it 'right the phuque on'.

You are twice as likely to be accidently shot than you are to be purposely killed by a gun.
Well, some people really are poor shots.

bullshit!

About 17,000 accidental shootings each year. About 8,500 homicides each year with a gun. Do the math.

bullshit!

About 17,000 accidental shootings each year. About 8,500 homicides each year with a gun. Do the math.
BULLSHIT!!!!In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings.
In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people.18

From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.19

Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age.20

People of all age groups are significantly more likely to die from unintentional firearm injuries when they live in states with more guns, relative to states with fewer guns. On average, states with the highest gun levels had nine times the rate of unintentional firearms deaths compared to states with the lowest gun levels.

606/31,076=.019. In other words, less than 2% of firearms related deaths are "accidental".

I'd posit that actual accidental gun deaths are almost non existent.

Most gun deaths labeled as accidental are actually instances of gross negligence or outright stupidity.
Anyone who is responsible enough to own a gun knows he should always treat a weapon as if it is loaded.
I never hand my gun to anyone when loaded.
I drop the magazine, eject the chambered round and pass the gun with chamber opened so they can in turn check it.

In nearly 60 years of dealing with firearms, I have seen exactly one accidental discharge.
That one happened when a Colt 1911 with a chambered round was left in a burning house.
No one was hit and I found and unloaded the weapon before any more unexpected loud noises.

bullshit!

BULLSHIT!!!!In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings.

From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.19

Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age.20

People of all age groups are significantly more likely to die from unintentional firearm injuries when they live in states with more guns, relative to states with fewer guns. On average, states with the highest gun levels had nine times the rate of unintentional firearms deaths compared to states with the lowest gun levels.

606/31,076=.019. In other words, less than 2% of firearms related deaths are "accidental".

Most gun deaths labeled as accidental are actually instances of gross negligence or outright stupidity.
Anyone who is responsible enough to own a gun knows he should always treat a weapon as if it is loaded.
I drop the magazine, eject the chambered round and pass the gun with chamber opened so they can in turn check it.

In nearly 60 years of dealing with firearms, I have seen exactly one accidental discharge.
That one happened when a Colt 1911 with a chambered round was left in a burning house.
No one was hit and I found and unloaded the weapon before any more unexpected loud noises.

What in that mess counters my claim?

bullshit!

How many people tripped over their cat and fell down a flight of stairs,breaking their neck last year?

How many tripped people fell over their cat, breaking their flight of stares?

bullshit!

What in that mess counters my claim?
You claim 17,000 accidental shootings and compare that to 8,500 homicides as if it supposed to mean something. If you want a contextual comparrison, compare 606 to 8,500
Or compare 17,000 (a number I contend is bogus) to total shootings 73,505 of which required hospital treatment. I'd bet another 10,000 did not result in treatment.
So, accidental shootings account for 20% at best of all shootings and 7% of all shooting deaths.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

bullshit!

How many people tripped over their cat and fell down a flight of stairs,breaking their neck last year?
12,671. 20 times the number killed by accidental firearms discharges if you believe stupidity is accidental.
12,672 times if you believe that guns don't go bang without human intervention.

Wait! I just enlarged the picture of Ernie's Harley and I think there's an Isis flag, very small, just under the kickstand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back