Man of Sorrow

Do you approve of this message.

• No I do not and this is why........

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ding

It's all fine and well to post all that biblical ado, but things celestial just aren't easily packaged , captured , or otherwise proven

that's why they call it 'faith'.....

Genesis is a tad easier to swallow as a grand metaphor

~S~
So you don’t believe human intelligence is capable of answering the question of origins.

Or is it that you don’t believe that the existence of God can be known with any certainty through examination of his works, by the light of human reason?

I would say any intelligence we have is unfortunately hobbled by our own self righteous ego as a race ding

the best example being the fundamentalist view of a 6000yr old earth, vs. the potential creationist view of divine intervention from the first amoeba appearing in some prehistoric pool of goo

~S~
Why are you using such an extreme example to prove your point. Surely you don’t believe in defining the rule through exception, right?

My intelligence and I would hope your intelligence isn’t hobbled by the beliefs of others.

Are you telling me that you do not believe you have the intelligence to work through the questions of origin? Because I believe you do.

Are you telling me that you do not believe it is possible to use reason to work through the existence of God? Because I believe it is possible.

Ding

It's all fine and well to post all that biblical ado, but things celestial just aren't easily packaged , captured , or otherwise proven

that's why they call it 'faith'.....

Genesis is a tad easier to swallow as a grand metaphor

~S~
So you don’t believe human intelligence is capable of answering the question of origins.

Or is it that you don’t believe that the existence of God can be known with any certainty through examination of his works, by the light of human reason?

I would say any intelligence we have is unfortunately hobbled by our own self righteous ego as a race ding

the best example being the fundamentalist view of a 6000yr old earth, vs. the potential creationist view of divine intervention from the first amoeba appearing in some prehistoric pool of goo

~S~
... appearing in some prehistoric pool of goo

pedestrian -

there was no goo present during primordial Earth, a state of absolute purity had evolved for the bedrock of physiological life to evolve, the periodic table had already been set as the first forms of life.

Why are you using such an extreme example to prove your point. Surely you don’t believe in defining the rule through exception, right?

My intelligence and I would hope your intelligence isn’t hobbled by the beliefs of others.

A tad extreme yes, but that lends to the point ......

Are you telling me that you do not believe you have the intelligence to work through the questions of origin? Because I believe you do

Well i was speaking of the collective, not the individual ding.

It's a bit of a conundrum that so many bright folks can assume a dimwitted civilization you see...

Are you telling me that you do not believe it is possible to use reason to work through the existence of God? Because I believe it is possible.

'reason' predicates itself on facts'.....

unfortunately facts are something of a theological premium

this edges itself on the 'free will' debate, if you will....

one can illicit imaginary scenarios, for ex some intelligent life makes contact , along with a full accounting of their savior who translates to 'God's son'

the fake news folks would have a cow!

~S~

A tad extreme yes, but that lends to the point ......

Are you telling me that you do not believe you have the intelligence to work through the questions of origin? Because I believe you do

Well i was speaking of the collective, not the individual ding.

It's a bit of a conundrum that so many bright folks can assume a dimwitted civilization you see...

'reason' predicates itself on facts'.....

unfortunately facts are something of a theological premium

this edges itself on the 'free will' debate, if you will....

one can illicit imaginary scenarios, for ex some intelligent life makes contact , along with a full accounting of their savior who translates to 'God's son'

the fake news folks would have a cow!

~S~
You have all of creation to study. There is no short supply of facts to choose from.

So are you arguing you lack the ability to reason or are you arguing that creation cannot be used as evidence to examine the proposition that spirit created the material world?

You have all of creation to study. There is no short supply of facts to choose from.

a baby's laugh, summer sunsets, rainbows, etc are 'creations' one can appreciate

one can only equate these to a creator via faith , as scientific evidence (as empirical as it may be) falls short of proof in the material world

So are you arguing you lack the ability to reason or are you arguing that creation cannot be used as evidence to examine the proposition that spirit created the material world?

the latter would be more applicable.

but let's grant you that there could be proof , and by that i mean over the top material proof in the physical world......perhaps Jesus appears @ the Vatican, pats the pope on his silly hat, and claims He's back? (scientists and theologians scrabbling to match DNA w/shroud of turin?)

Do you (et all) really think the entire world would then bow down to Christianity?

And what would become of free will? i.e.- faith?

Your serve ding.....

~S~

a baby's laugh, summer sunsets, rainbows, etc are 'creations' one can appreciate

one can only equate these to a creator via faith , as scientific evidence (as empirical as it may be) falls short of proof in the material world

the latter would be more applicable.

but let's grant you that there could be proof , and by that i mean over the top material proof in the physical world......perhaps Jesus appears @ the Vatican, pats the pope on his silly hat, and claims He's back? (scientists and theologians scrabbling to match DNA w/shroud of turin?)

Do you (et all) really think the entire world would then bow down to Christianity?

And what would become of free will? i.e.- faith?

Your serve ding.....

~S~
I believe God has already revealed himself to man and it didn’t affect free will one bit. At the end of the day you still will make choices that are on you.

But I am talking about ordinary everyday things. Are you telling me you do not believe it is possible to use reason and experience to logically prove God exists by studying what he created?

I believe God has already revealed himself to man and it didn’t affect free will one bit.

Reverence , which you may recall from the boy scout creed, demands one respect any given belief ding

At the end of the day you still will make choices that are on you.

As we all do

But I am talking about ordinary everyday things. Are you telling me you do not believe it is possible to use reason and experience to logically prove God exists by studying what he created?

That depends ding, one man's 'reason' and 'experience' , or 'logic' is another's delusional fairy tale

which fwiw, is also a 'choice'

~S~

I believe God has already revealed himself to man and it didn’t affect free will one bit.

Reverence , which you may recall from the boy scout creed, demands one respect any given belief ding

As we all do

That depends ding, one man's 'reason' and 'experience' , or 'logic' is another's delusional fairy tale

~S~
Logic is logic and observing the material world is no fairytale.

As we all do

~S~
How has god revealed himself to man?

As we all do

~S~
In a very small and quiet voice through the Holy Spirit.

As we all do

~S~
:blowpop:

As we all do

~S~
Laughing leads to crying.

It’s your loss not mine.

As we all do

~S~

It’s your loss not mine.
Prove it.

It’s your loss not mine.
Prove it.
Your life will prove it. The best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.
So you have no proof, as usual. You suck at this.
My proof is your behavior. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out you’ll reap what you sow.

It’s your loss not mine.
Prove it.
Your life will prove it. The best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.
My proof is your behavior. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out you’ll reap what you sow.
Not proof either. Please try again.

It’s your loss not mine.
Prove it.
The proof is always in the pudding.

Prove it.
Must be an allegorical pudding.

Must be an allegorical pudding.
Only if you have allegorical behaviors.

Forum List

Back