Man of Steel

No way is he going to be Speedy, it will be Red Arrow or Reseal. They already have a Speedy, it is the nickname for his sister, Thea Dearden Green.

oops forgot about her......yea next season should be pretty good.....one good thing about this show.....its on the CW.....it wont get cancelled because it doesn't have 10 million viewers like the other "major" networks....

True, CW is willing to carry a show a lot longer than even Fox. It makes me wish CW had done Serenity when I think about it.

Serenity was the movie, Firefly was the series! :tongue:

I've gotten a few episodes into Arrow and I'm still torn. I'm getting a very Smallville vibe...part of it is that it's a CW show and they all seem to feel a bit the same. :lol: Mostly, though, I think that I'm getting a sense this show will be more potential than reality. The writing is fairly cliche and amateurish, the acting is nothing to write home about, there are massive plot holes, the character interaction often seems forced....but I, too, am a sucker for a comic book show.

Still plenty of season to go, and it's good enough I'll probably keep watching. Hell, it took me forever to finally start watching Buffy back in the day, and that ended up surprising me and becoming my favorite show, despite the flaws. But 10 seasons of fairly constant decline in quality in Smallville, but me somehow dragged along kicking and screaming anyway, have somewhat soured me to CW shows based on DC characters. :tongue:

I've gotten a few episodes into Arrow and I'm still torn. I'm getting a very Smallville vibe...part of it is that it's a CW show and they all seem to feel a bit the same. :lol: Mostly, though, I think that I'm getting a sense this show will be more potential than reality. The writing is fairly cliche and amateurish, the acting is nothing to write home about, there are massive plot holes, the character interaction often seems forced....but I, too, am a sucker for a comic book show.

Still plenty of season to go, and it's good enough I'll probably keep watching. Hell, it took me forever to finally start watching Buffy back in the day, and that ended up surprising me and becoming my favorite show, despite the flaws. But 10 seasons of fairly constant decline in quality in Smallville, but me somehow dragged along kicking and screaming anyway, have somewhat soured me to CW shows based on DC characters. :tongue:

the thing that got me about Smallville was they made Clark look like a retarded Kryptonian....every other Kryptonian was able to fly immediately.....except for dumb old Clark.....what was the point?.....

oops forgot about her......yea next season should be pretty good.....one good thing about this show.....its on the CW.....it wont get cancelled because it doesn't have 10 million viewers like the other "major" networks....

True, CW is willing to carry a show a lot longer than even Fox. It makes me wish CW had done Serenity when I think about it.

Serenity was the movie, Firefly was the series! :tongue:

Touche'.

the thing that got me about Smallville was they made Clark look like a retarded Kryptonian....every other Kryptonian was able to fly immediately.....except for dumb old Clark.....what was the point?.....

"No flights, no tights."

"No flights, no tights."

that dont fly with me,excuse the pun.........you introduce all these other Kyptonians who fly immediately...but Clark cant?.....then they should not have introduced them into the show....or at least have a viable reason....

Nolan's Batman set started off a little bit on the limp side. Not that it was horrible. It wasn't. But "Batman Begins" was the weakest of his three.

He hit a homerun in the second movie and the finale was almost as good as the second one, and some say even better.

I think Nolan is following the same plot line with Superman.

I HOPE that Man of Steel turns out to be the weakest of his set of
Superman_Symbol.jpg
movies.

The potential for an off the hook #2 is a pleasant thought.

Nolan's Batman set started off a little bit on the limp side. Not that it was horrible. It wasn't. But "Batman Begins" was the weakest of his three.

He hit a homerun in the second movie and the finale was almost as good as the second one, and some say even better.

I think Nolan is following the same plot line with Superman.

I HOPE that Man of Steel turns out to be the weakest of his set of
Superman_Symbol.jpg
movies.

The potential for an off the hook #2 is a pleasant thought.

I disagree. I think the third was the weakest of the movies. Begins...well, it began as a good movie and went downhill in the second half. Dark Knight was great, thanks to Ledger's amazing performance. Rises was too full of itself, too many plot holes, perhaps Nolan attempted to make too grand a finale.

I do, however, hope Man of Steel is the weakest of the new Superman movies. I haven't even seen it yet and I hope that's the case....it's always good if sequels can improve on the previous films! :D

I think the point was to show Clark's fears, to make him more human and less super. He is capable of flight, but unable to overcome his fear to accomplish it. Flight puts him above everyone, his inability to fly keeps him part of the world.

Of course, they milked it a bit too much, like most other things in the show. :tongue:

I think the point was to show Clark's fears, to make him more human and less super. He is capable of flight, but unable to overcome his fear to accomplish it. Flight puts him above everyone, his inability to fly keeps him part of the world.

Of course, they milked it a bit too much, like most other things in the show. :tongue:

his fears?....Indestructible.....Super Strength....and he is afraid of heights?.....:eusa_eh:

his fears?....Indestructible.....Super Strength....and he is afraid of heights?.....:eusa_eh:

It's his kryptonite...

Why not be afraid of heights? It doesn't have to be a rational fear. And his powers being as close to unique as they are, it's not like he has a lot of chance to learn how he is able to fly and be sure it won't stop working at an inopportune time. :tongue:

"No flights, no tights."

that dont fly with me,excuse the pun.........you introduce all these other Kyptonians who fly immediately...but Clark cant?.....then they should not have introduced them into the show....or at least have a viable reason....

I think the premise was that he did fly, but he was supposed to be afraid of flying, or maybe heights, so he wouldn't admit it to himself.

Which is actually dumber than the other answers.

Why not be afraid of heights? It doesn't have to be a rational fear. And his powers being as close to unique as they are, it's not like he has a lot of chance to learn how he is able to fly and be sure it won't stop working at an inopportune time. :tongue:

My problem with this line of argument is that even under the influence of red meteor rock he didn't fly even though he flew without it.

My problem with this line of argument is that even under the influence of red meteor rock he didn't fly even though he flew without it.

He was so used to not flying at that point that it didn't occur to him?

I didn't say Smallville was the best-written show. :lol:

ok.....i looked this up just now.....in the fortress training under Jor-el Clark jumps off a recreation of the Empire State building to try and access his flying ability.....when he just falls and he is on the ground in the Fortress.....he asked Jor-el why he cant fly....Jor-el told him he was concentrating on Lois and not flying and still thinks of himself as a human and until he changes his mindset....he aint flying....Clark of course denied this.....that was in the episode "Savior"......so he aint afraid of heights...but you are right Montro.....they let that go on way to long....

I am not blaming you, I am just pointing out the small flaws in the plot. Like the Kryptonian ship that was under 20,000 years of ice in Man of Steel, but still had a suit specifically designed for the House of El.

I am not blaming you, I am just pointing out the small flaws in the plot. Like the Kryptonian ship that was under 20,000 years of ice in Man of Steel, but still had a suit specifically designed for the House of El.

I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll have to get to that particular plot hole later I guess. :tongue:

Smallville had some huge plot holes. I hope Man of Steel is better! :lol:

I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll have to get to that particular plot hole later I guess. :tongue:

Smallville had some huge plot holes. I hope Man of Steel is better! :lol:

The plot holes in Smallville made me want to stop watching TV, the ones in Man of Steel weren't bad enough to make me stop and wonder WTF in the middle of the movie, they just pop up when I think about them, and I have been able to figure out an explanation for all of them.

Except for one big one that pretty much drives the entire movie, yet makes so little sense they would have been better off leaving it out.

Forum List

Back