🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man standing in his own back yard shot 20 times by police. He was armed with a cell phone.

Accidents happen

Shot 20 times, and you have the gall to call it an accident? If you were the police chief, I know how this would end up.
the ''accident''/human error is the wrong person being shot, not 20 rounds fired....
20 rounds means they meant to kill what was thought to be a threat
people have been known to still be alive and a threat after taking many rounds

That is not kill , its " Overkill!" Which reveals the ugly intent of the shooters.
it's not over kill Mr armchair cop.....
...Mickiel!! SUPERMAN! James Bond!. Bruce Lee!! inhuman --will take on all criminals with just his fist/looks/intelligence [ hahahah ]
...you will not carry a pistol as a cop...but will:
ask pretty please
throw a rock
use magic
--you, also, do not think in reality terms

It was overkill; one shot can kill a criminal. My goodness, are you blind? I wonder what his body looks like after that merciless barrage?
Olympic shooter Mickiel!!!
you could put him down with ONE shot!!! you truly are an armchair general/cop with no knowledge of weapons
1. it's not easy hitting with a pistol--at night--after physical exertion--at a human target that is/might be/regarded as a threat---etc
it's hard hitting during the day when relaxed at a stationary target without a lot of training
2. as stated before humans can take many rounds and still be a threat

Shot 20 times, and you have the gall to call it an accident? If you were the police chief, I know how this would end up.
the ''accident''/human error is the wrong person being shot, not 20 rounds fired....

That is not kill , its " Overkill!" Which reveals the ugly intent of the shooters.
...Mickiel!! SUPERMAN! James Bond!. Bruce Lee!! inhuman --will take on all criminals with just his fist/looks/intelligence [ hahahah ]
ask pretty please
throw a rock
use magic

It was overkill; one shot can kill a criminal. My goodness, are you blind? I wonder what his body looks like after that merciless barrage?
you could put him down with ONE shot!!! you truly are an armchair general/cop with no knowledge of weapons
1. it's not easy hitting with a pistol--at night--after physical exertion--at a human target that is/might be/regarded as a threat---etc
it's hard hitting during the day when relaxed at a stationary target without a lot of training

Well I agree that all those things are true ; sadly true. Police have it difficult for sure, but its still overkill no matter how its explained. Hunters would not do a deer like that , we treat animals better than we do humans.

So he was vandalizing properties and breaking into cars it was dark and he was running from the cops

All this was his own fault. If he wasn't being a piece of shit who was breaking windows and trying to steal cars he'd be alive and well

Life lesson

Don't commit crimes and you won't get dead

So he was vandalizing properties and breaking into cars it was dark and he was running from the cops

All this was his own fault. If he wasn't being a piece of shit who was breaking windows and trying to steal cars he'd be alive and well

Life lesson

Well then he was a criminal, and must bear some of the blame. So now the penalty for breaking into cars and running from the police , is death on the spot! No judge , no jury.

No pity.

Life lesson

Well then he was a criminal, and must bear some of the blame. So now the penalty for breaking into cars and running from the police , is death on the spot! No judge , no jury.

No pity.

The entire situation was of his own making.

All the cops saw was a guy running at them in the dark with an object in his hand. It was prudent to assume that object was a weapon.

No, he didn’t. He stepped out of his back door and was summarily executed. He didn’t have time to speak, let alone run. And furthermore, he wasn’t the bad actor that the police were after. Hell, they assumed the hoodie wearing window breaker was black, after that every young black man in that neighborhood fit the profile and was a candidate for termination. Funny how racists jump to conclusions that black men pay with their lives for. Just look at your knee jerk excuse,” he was running “, wrong!! What you should have said was “ he was a black man, and as such, a candidate for removal”. That would have been both honest and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the arial footage showed the guy running through somone elses back yard, and jumping the fence ... then police closing in on that same guy. So how is that walking out his front door? unless you have a different video. If you listened to the 911 tape you hear the police dispatcher asking for a description of the suspect who was breaking windows and hiding in someones back yard. the guy responds that he doesnt know, if he is black , white, asian.. or whatever. Only that he is wering a hoodie and jumped someones fence.

Every time a black person is shot, why is it assumed it is racial and if it was a white guy he would not have been shot? though by a lesser percentage, white people unarmed are also shot, but then how do we know when its racial, or the police just think he has a gun. Of course race and police shootings should be open for discussion, but instantly labeling police as murderers without even an investigation is wrong

The infrared helicopter film is suspect. You didn’t see that the image was obscured by the houses, or the magical appearance on the film of a whited out rectangle that obscures someone lurking between the two houses? What is that? It should make reasonable people ask firstly, what the hell is being hidden and if this footage was edited. After the damage control officer ordered
“mute”, every record provided by police is suspect. It seems that police departments have developed protocols to hide their actions in these cases.

The chief of police in Sacramento is black and was on the news questioning the 'mute' issue. I believe he will look into this shooting quite thoroughly.

BTW one of the two police officers involved is black too.
I used to live in Sac and I know the chief. He will get to the bottom of it.

Sac has/had one of the most racist PD's in the country. When I first moved there a white guy I know quit the force because it was so racist.

Life lesson

No pity.

All the cops saw was a guy running at them in the dark with an object in his hand. It was prudent to assume that object was a weapon.

You assholes keep insisting on making up your own facts. He wasn’t running. He fell right outside his back door, after exiting his house and immediately being shot. Secondly, he wasn’t the alleged vandal. The infrared helicopter film shows someone wearing a hoodie running through yards and past the house of the man killed and also past the house of the neighbor. He starts to jump the fence at the street but upon hearing or seeing the cabal of gun waving police, turns around and runs back to a position between houses where on the infrared film his image is hidden by a magical opaque rectangle that suddenly obscures his position. The police then advance to the corner of the deceased mans home and proceed to execute him. Logically, the purported suspect wouldn’t have run past his own house with police on his ass. He would have entered his own residence and waited for police to leave. Secondly, what is the magical opaque area on the infrared helicopter film that magically appears and then moves to the area between the houses and obscures it from observation, and why the mute order? Smacks of a coverup.

When the order is show me your hands, or put the gun down, even if it's not a gun, the appropriate response is to follow the orders not loudly scream "I'm black and your laws don't apply to me."

ask pretty please
throw a rock
use magic

Well I agree that all those things are true ; sadly true. Police have it difficult for sure, but its still overkill no matter how its explained. Hunters would not do a deer like that , we treat animals better than we do humans.
..some humans are worse than animals/are animals and need to be killed---I don't care if it takes 1 or 1 hundred
...if a criminal is attacking police/attacking children/women/etc what does it matter how many rounds are used??

Life lesson

No idiot. Cant you read? It wasnt him that was the vandal.

When the order is show me your hands, or put the gun down, even if it's not a gun, the appropriate response is to follow the orders not loudly scream "I'm black and your laws don't apply to me."
That sounds more like something a white person would say. Black people typically run, comply, or fight back.

Life lesson

No pity.

You assholes keep insisting on making up your own facts. He wasn’t running. He fell right outside his back door, after exiting his house and immediately being shot. Secondly, he wasn’t the alleged vandal. The infrared helicopter film shows someone wearing a hoodie running through yards and past the house of the man killed and also past the house of the neighbor. He starts to jump the fence at the street but upon hearing or seeing the cabal of gun waving police, turns around and runs back to a position between houses where on the infrared film his image is hidden by a magical opaque rectangle that suddenly obscures his position. The police then advance to the corner of the deceased mans home and proceed to execute him. Logically, the purported suspect wouldn’t have run past his own house with police on his ass. He would have entered his own residence and waited for police to leave. Secondly, what is the magical opaque area on the infrared helicopter film that magically appears and then moves to the area between the houses and obscures it from observation, and why the mute order? Smacks of a coverup.

It is possible there is something to what your saying. For one thing, it is odd that someone would be breaking car windows on the same street that he lives, considering neighbors would recognize him.- then again, people are known to do weird shit. It's also possible he was inside the house and heard the helecopter... heard someone climbing over the neighbors fence and was unlucky enough to go out into his back yard seconds after the other guy ran right past him. But if that was the case, what I don't understand is, then why would the helecopter with their night vision..not still see the other guy running? how did he just completely disappear? You see the helecopter do a wide sweep afterwards, and there is nothing.
Anything is possible, but if they did get the wrong guy it was a pretty damn unlucky mistake. Not necessarily racism, but cops are jumpy if they see something in someones hand, especially at night. maybe they should have fallen back to a defensive position. with the helecopter the guy wasnt really going anywhere, they could have easily hit him with a spotlight from above as well

Life lesson

No pity.

It is possible there is something to what your saying. For one thing, it is odd that someone would be breaking car windows on the same street that he lives, considering neighbors would recognize him.- then again, people are known to do weird shit. It's also possible he was inside the house and heard the helecopter... heard someone climbing over the neighbors fence and was unlucky enough to go out into his back yard seconds after the other guy ran right past him. But if that was the case, what I don't understand is, then why would the helecopter with their night vision..not still see the other guy running? how did he just completely disappear? You see the helecopter do a wide sweep afterwards, and there is nothing.
Anything is possible, but if they did get the wrong guy it was a pretty damn unlucky mistake. Not necessarily racism, but cops are jumpy if they see something in someones hand, especially at night. maybe they should have fallen back to a defensive position. with the helecopter the guy wasnt really going anywhere, they could have easily hit him with a spotlight from above as well

Why is it you guys are so quick to dismiss racism when blacks bring it up ?

Life lesson

No pity.

He was running away from the cops they had it on video just because he made it to his house does not negate that fact

Life lesson

No pity.

He was running away from the cops they had it on video just because he made it to his house does not negate that fact

In my view, anyone running away from the police does not deserve to get shot , especially if they have not shot anyone themselves as their crime. It depends on what they have done , or what the police think they will do.

Life lesson

No pity.

If you watch the infrared helicopter film, he runs straight past the house, no hesitation or attempt to enter, past the neighbor house, and starts over the fence or bush and only upon seeing or hearing police coming down the street, doubles back on his route. Here on the film a mysterious opaque rectangle appears and covers his heat signature, obscuring his position. Seconds later police, following helicopter direction, run past the area between the houses where I believe the actor is hiding, to the corner of the house and there confront and kill the unarmed young man in his own yard. A lot of inconsistencies in the various versions of this story have conspired to make any analysis difficult. Two facts are beyond dispute however, the young man was unarmed and he was black. Perhaps a third and fourth fact should also be acknowledged, killed by police and for a perceived minor infraction. A tragedy.

Life lesson

No pity.

In my view, anyone running away from the police does not deserve to get shot , especially if they have not shot anyone themselves as their crime. It depends on what they have done , or what the police think they will do.

Here again we have the mistaken assumption that he was running. The police’s own infrared film shows the position of the body immediately after the police shooting. Just a few feet outside his back door, facing away, face down. Unless he was running in circles, he wasn’t running. The film also shows that the vandal initially ran right past that house and the neighbors house, started over the fence and upon seeing or hearing the approaching police, doubled back on his route. My perception of this infrared helicopter film has the actor hiding between the houses, hidden from view by a mysterious opaque rectangle that mysteriously appears on the record right over this area. That anomaly along with the intermittent image continuity on the film and the mute order given, makes the police record suspect and in need of study by an independent forensic laboratory. Other actions taken by police after the shooting beg answers. For example, why after the shooting did it take police 20 minutes to call for medical help for the victim? Why was he left handcuffed, dying on the ground? Why is there no record of anything that the victim might have said before dying? Where in the bodycam video of the shooting, is the involved black officer? I didn’t see any black hands in the you tube video of the shooting. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered before any conclusions can be drawn. I pray that a thorough independent examination of the facts leads to a rational discussion of police actions and applications of lethal force in minority communities. I think that the clock is running on how much longer this problem will be tolerated without some solutions that also address the underlying racism at its core.

Life lesson

No pity.

So?

Forum List

Back