Manafort defense will call no witnesses (even Manafort)

Not surprised by the move. Or the lack of the judges outright dismissal. There is a question of fact for the jury. Namely is gates telling the truth? Or is he lying.

Looks like reasonable doubt to me but who knows what the jury thinks. We may find out in a few hours

You seem to think that this entire case hinges on Gates’ testimony. Do you that without Gates, the state has nothing? If you do, you’re dreaming in technicolor.

The Prosrcution considered not even putting Gates on the stand, because they really didn’t need him to prove their case. The bank account records, tax returns and mortgage loan applications were the proof.

There is no “reasonable doubt” in this case. The case was so air tight, Manafort tried to strong arm witnesses. That just lead to more charges.

Can Manafort wear his ostrich jacket in prison? I’m sure the boys in the shower will love it.

because that's what the prosecution has said and what the judge has said. I'm presuming they are being honest about the case

No way would Manafort testify

He is in enough trouble

Ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort faces trial in September

Manafort is facing two separate indictments on an array of charges, including conspiracy to launder money, filing false tax returns and failing to register as a foreign agent for lobbying work for the pro-Kremlin Ukrainian government of former President Viktor Yanukovych.

Manafort is never getting out of the woods.

What’s wrong with working for the rightfully elected leader of a country?

Manafort is facing two separate indictments on an array of charges, including conspiracy to launder money, filing false tax returns and failing to register as a foreign agent for lobbying work for the pro-Kremlin Ukrainian government of former President Viktor Yanukovych.

Nothing, as long as you declare the income, pay the taxes, and register as an agent of a foreign government. None of which Manafort did.

All caught up now?

Nothing, as long as you declare the income, pay the taxes, and register as an agent of a foreign government. None of which Manafort did.

All caught up now?

Unless you are a Democrat, then you get immunity.

All caught up now?

Was that the best you could come up with? :lol:

Not surprised by the move. Or the lack of the judges outright dismissal. There is a question of fact for the jury. Namely is gates telling the truth? Or is he lying.

Looks like reasonable doubt to me but who knows what the jury thinks. We may find out in a few hours

You seem to think that this entire case hinges on Gates’ testimony. Do you that without Gates, the state has nothing? If you do, you’re dreaming in technicolor.

The Prosrcution considered not even putting Gates on the stand, because they really didn’t need him to prove their case. The bank account records, tax returns and mortgage loan applications were the proof.

There is no “reasonable doubt” in this case. The case was so air tight, Manafort tried to strong arm witnesses. That just lead to more charges.

Can Manafort wear his ostrich jacket in prison? I’m sure the boys in the shower will love it.
They put Gates on the stand because their case was weak.

All caught up now?

Democrats never go to trial. Their fate is decided before the investigation begins.

They put Gates on the stand to humanize the giant stack of evidence against Manafort.

Or they may argue the prosecution did not meet it's burden of proof and ask for summary dismissal.

That's going to be very hard, given the number of documents and the testimony of his tax men seems to be very damaging.

My guess, the Defense Attorney's are seeking a plea deal with the prosecution. However, if the Judge is as he has been depicted, he is not likely to receive such an agreement with a wink and a nod.

All caught up now?

Democrats never go to trial. Their fate is decided before the investigation begins.
Ipse dixit.

All caught up now?

Ipse dixit.

Republicans never bring a Democrat to trial, they decide by chanting "lock her up" which does not require evidence.

because that's what the prosecution has said and what the judge has said. I'm presuming they are being honest about the case

The prosecution said no such thing and neither did the judge.

You just keep believing that Skippy.

Forum List

Back