Manchin wants to raise age to 21 for gun purchases, doesn't see need for AR-15s

Iā€™m sure you shot your mouth off a few times before thinking. The AR15 was designed as a military rifle to be fired primarily in semi auto mode. You don't seem to waste factual information either. In basic training, if you ever had it, you fired the AR15/m16 in semi auto mode.

No, actually, it wasn't........you doofus.....

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that ā€œthese rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.ā€

ā€œColt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ā€˜Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifleā€™ began on Jan 2, 1964,ā€ one critic of the article contended. ā€œThe M16 wasnā€™t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasnā€™t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didnā€™t officially replace the M14 until 1969.ā€

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ā€˜Not Meantā€™ for Civilians

And without a gun, he shoots up nothing.

He uses a rental truck to kill even more people than a gun...

Rental trucks are deadlier than guns....

The muslim in Nice, France used a rental truck to kill 86 people....more people than in any mass public shooting in the U.S.....

In fact, 86 people murdered with that truck is a higher number than the total for every year of mass public shootings in the U.S. except for two years, since 1982...

If mass shooters switch to trucks, they will kill more people than with guns...

There is no military in the world that uses the AR-15 so it is not a military rifle.
You canā€™t read can you. I can tell you were never in the militaryā€¦ā€¦or youā€™re too fking old to remember shit.
Both rifles were designed to be used primarily in semi auto mode dufus. The original AR15 had select fire. Colt marketed the civilian version as the AR15 without SF so they could entice toy soldiers like you to buy them. It worked.

Last edited:
A semi auto .22 long will kill as well. BTW a crossbow will kill, a compound bow will kill, a knife will kill, a hammer will kill, a baseball bat will kills, human hands will kill. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Thatā€™s a loser argument .
The military no longer goes into battle with any of those as a primary weapon. Whatā€™s your point ? Your bitch broke your heart and now that will kill you too ?

You canā€™t read can you. I can tell you were never in the militaryā€¦ā€¦or youā€™re too fking old to remember shit.
Both rifles were designed to be used primarily in semi auto mode dufus. The original AR15 had select fire. Colt marketed the civilian version as the AR15 without SF so they could entice toy soldiers like you to buy them. It worked.

You have a difficult time with basic comprehension, don't you Moon Bat?

It is not the firearm that decides its use. It is the person using the firearm. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Any firearm can be used for a military purpose. Any firearm can be used for recreational purpose. Most can be used for self defense.

When you stupid uneducated Moon Bats rant and rave about an ARs purpose being a weapon of war then you are just blowing smoke out your Libtard asses. You don't know what you are talking about.

I have a M-16 and ARs. There is a difference but I am the one to decide what the firearm is to be used for, not the firearm.

You have a difficult time with basic comprehension, don't you Moon Bat?

It is not the firearm that decides its use. It is the person using the firearm. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Any firearm can be used for a military purpose. Any firearm can be used for recreational purpose. Most can be used for self defense.

When you stupid uneducated Moon Bats rant and rave about an ARs purpose being a weapon of war then you are just blowing smoke out your Libtard asses. You don't know what you are talking about.

I have a M-16 and ARs. There is a difference but I am the one to decide what the firearm is to be used for, not the firearm.
The first you need to do, is serve the country in the military instead of pretending.

Thatā€™s a loser argument .
The military no longer goes into battle with any of those as a primary weapon. Whatā€™s your point ? Your bitch broke your heart and now that will kill you too ?
Wassamatta? You afraid of a ā€˜scaryā€™ looking rifle? The military doesnā€™t go to war with AR15s either.

Last edited:
Just leaving this here...

1655323146810.png

Saw this last night and then heard it again from three news outlets this morning.

Shame Jack, I was almost kinda OK with raising the age to 19. I mean, what are the ages of these HS shooters? If they are HS students, then all of them are 18 or less, so, raising the age to 19 would obviate most school shooters! But 21 was a bit too greedy, worse because raising the age in any regard DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PROBLEM so will have little impact on reducing school shootings.

But then, the left will never agree that the actual cause is their own progressive policies ripping at the fabric of society and most of the GOP are too pussified to come out and say it.

Well then, all they need is 10 more and then the Supreme Court to go along.

(the guns were stored safely at Adam Lanza's home)
At 12 years old I could walk into any drug store and buy ammunition. Maybe even younger but I never tried. All us kids 22 's strapped to the handlebars of our bikes and that's where a lot of them set on the weekends. But never did we have over 50 people shot over a weekend but I'm sure if we did the country elected shits still wouldn't say same o, same o. and instead grand stand at another tragedy. Does anyone remember Joe Biden before he was a shit head president, back when he was a fowl mouth racist never seeing a law putting Black Americans in prison he didn't like. Where he could use the N word as a noun, verb, and adjective in a single sentence in the Senate, over and over without missing a beat?

A bit disingenuous. An 18 year old canā€™t even handle
beer. What makes you think he can safely handle ANY firearm without supervision.
When I was 12 years old, I could handle any weapon, including an M16, with deadly precision.

My 19 year old daughter, at 14, could shoot the balls off gnat at 100 yards with an AK, then field strip it.

When I was 12 years old, I could handle any weapon, including an M16, with deadly precision.
Youā€™re making my point. ā€œ handling ā€œ and ā€œresponsibly usingā€ arenā€™t the same thing. That you would even infer they are is utterly delusional . Itā€™s especially telling since you use the phrase ā€œ deadly precisionā€ The m16 is popular for one reason. Nearly everyone including a 12 year old who can ā€œ handle one with deadly precisionā€œ makes for a great WAR weapon for incompetent draftees, kids and the incompetent. . Your comments are oblivious in support of mowing children down with ā€œdeadly precision. ā€œ Geesus, 12 year olds shooting 8 year olds.

12 year olds have little fking judgment . That you are now a gun a holic is even more telling.

My 19 year old daughter, at 14, could shoot the balls off gnat at 100 yards with an AK, then field strip it.
Itā€™s one thing to brag about using your uncles excavator with precision at 12, itā€™s obscene to brag you can kill people with deadly precision at 12.

Wow, fieldstripping an AK47ā€¦..just the skills you need to fight off the white replacement hordes.

I have 29 ARs and one M-16.
Geesus, youā€™re proud of that ? I was proud when I took down and dressed my first deer. It was Food on the table. . Do you plan on being just as proud of your first ā€œ killā€ with weapons that were primarily developed to kill people ? You have warped ideas. Maybe enlisting would help.

There is no military in the world that uses the AR-15 so it is not a military rifle.
Did you ever save in the military dufus ? M16 and AR15 are functionally the same 99% of the tIme you are instructed in their proper use.

is not the rifle that determines the use. It is the shooter of that rifle.
And you guys are bound and determined that anyone, even criminals have the opprtunity to determine the use.

Wow, fieldstripping an AK47ā€¦..just the skills you need to fight off the white replacement hordes.

Replacement hordes? Why do you bring up the democrat party talking point.....they have been bragging since obama, that they were going to replace American voters with illegal alien voters from Mexico.......

Did you ever save in the military dufus ? M16 and AR15 are functionally the same 99% of the tIme you are instructed in their proper use.

Nope....The M16 is a select fire weapon......the AR-15 is not....the AR-15 is a civilian rifle, the M16 is a military weapon...both are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back