🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mandatory evac for parts of Oroville b/c of dam situation

Maintenance Records Show Oroville Dam Spillway Previously Patched
Patched in 2013, same spot it went out now. Gov. Brown

c4lpkywueaaezj7.jpg

Who was the governor 12 years ago? Who knows what information he suppressed or hid?

More progressive k00k losing!:2up:

depotoo.....cant even take the winning anymore!!:coffee:
Same problem exists for the Fort Peck dam in Montana. And it was a GOP Congress that refused the Corps of Engineers request to build a new spillway there that would handle four times the volume. Were the Ft. Peck dam to breech, the result would be a 100 times the disaster that breeching the emergency spillway at Oroville would be.

Who cares that hundreds of thousands of lives are at risk, we need a train no one will use because Democrats want it!

Sounds like someone like the EPA could solve this problem. Oops
The EPA has nothing to do with dams

Federal Regulation Today
There are several federal government agencies involved with dam safety. Together, these federal agencies are responsible for five percent of the dams in the U.S. They construct, own and operate, regulate or provide technical assistance and research for dams. Included in this list are the Departments of Agriculture, Defense, Energy, Interior, Labor and State (International Boundary and Water Commission), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Tennessee Valley Authority. The Federal Emergency Management Agency administers the National Dam Safety Program, a program established by law in 1996 to coordinate the federal effort through the Interagency Committee on Dam Safety, to assist state dam safety programs through financial grants, and to provide research funding and coordination of technology transfer.

Who cares that hundreds of thousands of lives are at risk, we need a train no one will use because Democrats want it!

federal,meaning the EPA and FERC, and the state along with the water district ignored the warnings about this dam a long time ago....

I agree. I read that the other day. Ten years ago they knew the dam needed work and they did nothing.

Now ten years later they better hope the whole thing doesn't let go. To late to fix it now.

federal,meaning the EPA, and the state along with the water district ignored the warnings about this dam a long time ago....

Lets say you're right. What does that have to do with fixing it?
i am very right....they were told to use concrete on the dams emergency spillway instead of just leaving it as a dirt hillside......and i added another federal agency above that i forgot to add that also ignored the warning....

Federal Regulation Today
There are several federal government agencies involved with dam safety. Together, these federal agencies are responsible for five percent of the dams in the U.S. They construct, own and operate, regulate or provide technical assistance and research for dams. Included in this list are the Departments of Agriculture, Defense, Energy, Interior, Labor and State (International Boundary and Water Commission), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Tennessee Valley Authority. The Federal Emergency Management Agency administers the National Dam Safety Program, a program established by law in 1996 to coordinate the federal effort through the Interagency Committee on Dam Safety, to assist state dam safety programs through financial grants, and to provide research funding and coordination of technology transfer.
Army Corp of Engineers at the Fed level.

federal,meaning the EPA, and the state along with the water district ignored the warnings about this dam a long time ago....

i am very right....they were told to use concrete on the dams emergency spillway instead of just leaving it as a dirt hillside......and i added another federal agency above that i forgot to add that also ignored the warning....

Again, what does that have to do with fixing it?

Politicians, like most Americans, are all about 'Instant Gratification / Rewards'. "So the country ig going down the toilet and will collapse in the future on this path, at least I am 'getting mine now'....which is contributing to the collapse..."

Federal Regulation Today
Army Corp of Engineers at the Fed level.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), also sometimes shortened to CoE is a U.S. federal agency under the Department of Defense and a major Army command made up of some 37,000 civilian and military personnel, making it one of the world's largest public engineering, design, and construction management ...

it might be too late for that CC....try to keep up with whats going on over there....this could have been "fixed" ten years ago....but as usual california does not like to spend money until it has to....i have seen this for 40+ years....

it might be too late for that CC....try to keep up with whats going on over there....this could have been "fixed" ten years ago....but as usual california does not like to spend money until it has to....i have seen this for 40+ years....
Same kind of shit happened in Louisiana when the neglected levees broke during Katrina

Look Old Rocks, others were immediately jumping on the bandwagon to blame the GOP. Many on twitter were doing all they could to blame it on the GOP. I get sick of the games, just as you probably do, too and sometimes strike back when there is evidence to the contrary.
Maintenance Records Show Oroville Dam Spillway Previously Patched
Patched in 2013, same spot it went out now. Gov. Brown

c4lpkywueaaezj7.jpg

Who was the governor 12 years ago? Who knows what information he suppressed or hid?

More progressive k00k losing!:2up:

depotoo.....cant even take the winning anymore!!:coffee:
Same problem exists for the Fort Peck dam in Montana. And it was a GOP Congress that refused the Corps of Engineers request to build a new spillway there that would handle four times the volume. Were the Ft. Peck dam to breech, the result would be a 100 times the disaster that breeching the emergency spillway at Oroville would be.

Forum List

Back