🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mandatory vaccines for kids in California: no personal or religious exemptions

This is a really hard one for me. I'm torn. I realize that vaccination is very important and has saved thousands or millions of lives. I do not like the idea of government forced vaccinations though!!!

Nope. We pay people to figure that shit out, as a society..
Pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to push their products, either illegally or thru speaking fees, travel accommodations or hefty "consulting" fees.
I am aware of that, but it changes nothing about who, in the end, makes the decisions about public health.

Nope. We pay people to figure that shit out, as a society..
Pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to push their products, either illegally or thru speaking fees, travel accommodations or hefty "consulting" fees.

That may be true, but the fact is that vaccinations have saved many, many lives. Some diseases have been literally eradicated in our country because of vaccines.

This is a really hard one for me. I'm torn. I realize that vaccination is very important and has saved thousands or millions of lives. I do not like the idea of government forced vaccinations though!!!
Not millions, billions, with a B. It's not optional, and shouldn't be. Think of vaccines as a gift from God, since they might as well be...

Vaccinating the entire population is what eliminated polio as the horrible scourge it was until the vaccination came along.

As late as the 1930’s, “not only did the great majority of urban populations dispose of their untreated sewage by dilution in waterways, but their numbers were actually increasing over those who were treating their sewage before discharge”
Citizen Science Great Lakes Wastewater Management

The vaccine helped eradicate polio. So did modern infrastructure. Polio is transmitted fecal-oral.

Lot of them have siblings in the public school system.

So, get your kids vaccinated. They won't get sick.

Kids who have compromised immune systems. Kids on chemo.

If your kid has such substantial health problems, that's your responsibility to cope with, not mine.

I already said you're free to keep your unvaccinated kid at home.

And so are you. You're the one who thinks that it's such a terrible risk to interact with other human beings. If you can't take responsibility for taking care of your own children, then you have no business being a fucking parent. If you're not willing to home school your own children because you can't cope with other people making medical decisions you don't like, then why the hell should someone else be obligated to home school their children to accommodate your inability to cope?

If your kid has such substantial health problems, that's your responsibility to cope with, not mine.

Sounds fine, as long as your unvaccinated kids stay away.

If you can't take responsibility for taking care of your own children, then you have no business being a fucking parent.

I take responsibility, and if you won't, keep them at home.

If you're not willing to home school your own children because you can't cope with other people making medical decisions you don't like

Sorry, your idiocy doesn't give you permission to endanger others.

*shakes head*

The entitlement mentality is oozing from your every pore.

As is the idiocy from yours.

Vaccinating the entire population is what eliminated polio as the horrible scourge it was until the vaccination came along.

As late as the 1930’s, “not only did the great majority of urban populations dispose of their untreated sewage by dilution in waterways, but their numbers were actually increasing over those who were treating their sewage before discharge”
Citizen Science Great Lakes Wastewater Management

The vaccine helped eradicate polio. So did modern infrastructure. Polio is transmitted fecal-oral.
Good example. So, is shitting in the drinking water reservoir optional, yes or no?

That may be true, but the fact is that vaccinations have saved many, many lives. Some diseases have been literally eradicated in our country because of vaccines.

I'm not opposed to vaccines. My daughter was vaccinated for the truly gnarly ones, like meningitis. Others, we chose to skip. That was our choice after research and contemplation. Other parents have their choice, or at least they did. Truthfully, I don't think most parents really consider the issue.

Now, I guess you're forced to get all the jabs or you have to stay home all day and be a home school teacher.

I'm not opposed to vaccines. My daughter was vaccinated for the truly gnarly ones, like meningitis. Others, we chose to skip. That was our choice after research and contemplation. Other parents have their choice, or at least they did. Truthfully, I don't think most parents really consider the issue.

Now, I guess you're forced to get all the jabs or you have to stay home all day and be a home school teacher.

I think that most experts agree, the benefits of most routine childhood vaccination outweigh the risks. For most vaccinations I'm aware of, the side effects are usually quite minimal (rash/fever). Severe or life threatening reactions are pretty rare, relatively speaking.

If someone's child goes to school with signs of ringworm, or measles, or chicken pox or any other contagious disease they are sent home and can't come back until well. The government forces people to keep their children out of school to keep them from spreading the disease.

You can't call the school and say "I don't care if my child has measles, it is against. my religion to take medicine for it and you have to let them back in school".

Won't happen. The good of society outweighs religion.

It always has.

Good example. So, is shitting in the drinking water reservoir optional, yes or no?

Uhhh, no, it's illegal, unnecessary and an irrelevant example that illuminates nothing.
What it illustrates is that what one person does, or doesn't do, can affect the population at large, and that not all things you are given a personal choice in, for the protection of the rest of us.

Shitting in the drinking water is illegal because that's how germs are spread, just like letting your unvaccinated child infect others with entirely preventable diseases. That is letting you shit in the drinking water, and there's no good damn reason for you to be allowed to do so...

What it illustrates is that what one person does, or doesn't do, can affect the population at large, and that not all things you are given a personal choice in, for the protection of the rest of us. Shitting in the drinking water is illegal because that's how germs are passed to the rest of us, just like letting your unvaccinated child infect others with entirely preventable diseases. That is letting you shit in the drinking water, and there's no good damn reason for you to be allowed to do so...

Not a compelling comparison.

What it illustrates is that what one person does, or doesn't do, can affect the population at large, and that not all things you are given a personal choice in, for the protection of the rest of us. Shitting in the drinking water is illegal because that's how germs are passed to the rest of us, just like letting your unvaccinated child infect others with entirely preventable diseases. That is letting you shit in the drinking water, and there's no good damn reason for you to be allowed to do so...

Not a compelling comparison.
Oh, it's deeply compelling. Both rules are for the exact same reason, what you do, or don't, can make others sick or even kill them therefore we are well within our collective rights to stop you dead in your tracks. You might believe yourself to be an island, but you aren't...

f someone's child goes to school with signs of ringworm, or measles, or chicken pox or any other contagious disease they are sent home and can't come back until well. The government forces people to keep their children out of school to keep them from spreading the disease.

You can't call the school and say "I don't care if my child has measles, it is against. my religion to take medicine for it and you have to let them back in school".

It always has.

Religion was not a factor in any medical decision I've ever made.

f someone's child goes to school with signs of ringworm, or measles, or chicken pox or any other contagious disease they are sent home and can't come back until well. The government forces people to keep their children out of school to keep them from spreading the disease.

It always has.

Religion was not a factor in any medical decision I've ever made.
Fine, but his point is the same. When you're sick, or your child is sick, stay home. And to not be sick, get the damn shots. As a society we are well within are rights to demand both...

Fine, but his point is the same. When you're sick, or your child is sick, stay home. And to not be sick, get the damn shots. As a society we are well within are rights to demand both...
What's all these horsefeathers about staying home? When did I ever argue that sick people should walk around and take the subway?

Which shots? All 69 doses of them? Do I get any choice, in your opinion?

No, once we've run the numbers. Not all things in life you get a choice in, not in a society. For what we provide there is a price to be paid. This shouldn't be hard to understand, your mom had the same worldview...
My Mom is a retired Nurse Practitioner who gave shots for a living. So, you're correct about her world view. Of course, when I was a kid we got about a 10th of the shots that kids get now, just guessing.

My kid is 17. It's her decision now.

Forum List

Back