🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mandatory vaccines for kids in California: no personal or religious exemptions

I know that I had all my vaccinations as a child and so did my son. Neither of us had any problems with vaccinations. My son did run a very low grade fever one time, but that was all. He had no lasting ill effects. I do know that vaccines save lives and that the benefits far outweigh the risks, but at the same time, I don't like giving the government permission to stick a needle in your arm against your will. I don't know . . . this is a really hard one to decide because I am a big believer in freedom and the least amount of government interference.
Time to grow up then...

I think it's more babyish to want the government to be your dad and to protect you from everything and to make your decisions for you . . .
It would be, if that's what I thought, which I don't, but that's what a child would say. As I said, it's time to grow up now, and stop thinking that shitting in the water bucket is a "choice" you get to make.

There are probably better ways and less invasive ways to have people cooperate, like better education about these vaccinations and how they have saved so many people.
When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow. We don't have time to make everyone all warm and happy, that is, as your said, for babies. Grow up, deal with the demands of your goddamned society, and take your fucking medicine.

Answer my post #136. :D

Also, what if you are one of the unlucky ones, whose child does happen to have some kind of life altering complication from a vaccine? Perhaps the child slips into a coma and suffers brain damage. Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?
Yep, and we'll pay to bury them as well. It's a package deal, now you know.

Better the loss of 1 in 1,000 than 1 in 10 or 20. Life is brutal, grow up and deal with it.

I am highly skeptical. In fact, like I said, that is probably the reason why it is still a personal choice and is not mandatory.

Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?

I would think in the US, it would be the pharmaceutical company that pays restitution, if you can beat their lawyers.

In Europe there have been several cases where the government pays the damages for injury from jabs, like this one;
It was subsequently revealed that the vaccine, Pandemrix, can cause narcolepsy and cataplexy in about one in 16,000 people, and many more are expected to come forward with the symptoms.

Across Europe, more than 800 children are so far known to have been made ill by the vaccine.
Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get 60 Million Compensation

But would that still be the case if the vaccines were government mandated? Would they not hold some responsibility too? Lol. I suppose they can just say "fuck you."

You have no freedom to endanger my child. GTP.

If your kids are vaccinated, then they're not being endangered, are they?

I think that is the point.....

People are concerned about the stuff that is being pumped into their children.

I don't know enough about it to say anything about the science.

I suppose my question is...if you keep your kid at home do you still have to pay the mill levy associated with school taxes.

Or is it that you have to keep them at home and still pay regardless ?

Yes you still pay the taxes because you enjoy the benefits of having an educated, capable populace around you every day (for the most part anyway, sure there's some idiots out there)

That does not wash. The so-called educated populace gets to carry their fair share.

The child you educate today with your taxes is the doctor who will save your life 25 years from now.

Do you like all the advances in science and medicine? You paid for the first K-12 years of it. Do you like to have engineers who can invent things like GPS and Navigation Systems? You paid for the first K-12 years of it.

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

Also, what if you are one of the unlucky ones, whose child does happen to have some kind of life altering complication from a vaccine? Perhaps the child slips into a coma and suffers brain damage. Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?
Yep, and we'll pay to bury them as well. It's a package deal, now you know.

Better the loss of 1 in 1,000 than 1 in 10 or 20. Life is brutal, grow up and deal with it.

I am highly skeptical. In fact, like I said, that is probably the reason why it is still a personal choice and is not mandatory.
It's a personal choice because the US forgot what happens when it allows it to be a personal choice and all fucking hell breaks loose. I don't have a scar on my left arm because of personal choice, I have it because as a society we used to do the right fucking thing for society.

Time to grow up then...

I think it's more babyish to want the government to be your dad and to protect you from everything and to make your decisions for you . . .
It would be, if that's what I thought, which I don't, but that's what a child would say. As I said, it's time to grow up now, and stop thinking that shitting in the water bucket is a "choice" you get to make.

There are probably better ways and less invasive ways to have people cooperate, like better education about these vaccinations and how they have saved so many people.
When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow. We don't have time to make everyone all warm and happy, that is, as your said, for babies. Grow up, deal with the demands of your goddamned society, and take your fucking medicine.

See #139.

See #139.

I did, and I replied to it. I must have made my comment at the same time you made yours so I didn't see it at first.

See #139.

I did, and I replied to it. I must have made my comment at the same time you made yours so I didn't see it at first.
Bedtime for Bonzos, rest well.

Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?

I would think in the US, it would be the pharmaceutical company that pays restitution, if you can beat their lawyers.

In Europe there have been several cases where the government pays the damages for injury from jabs, like this one;
It was subsequently revealed that the vaccine, Pandemrix, can cause narcolepsy and cataplexy in about one in 16,000 people, and many more are expected to come forward with the symptoms.

Across Europe, more than 800 children are so far known to have been made ill by the vaccine.
Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get 60 Million Compensation

But would that still be the case if the vaccines were government mandated? Would they not hold some responsibility too? Lol. I suppose they can just say "fuck you."

I think you're correct. The government would have to pay in the US because in most cases the pharmaceutical companies have worked the deals so they can't be sued as per the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986.

Washington — The family of an infant who allegedly suffered a severe reaction to a vaccine may not sue the drugmaker for failing to update the vaccine with a newer, safer version, the US Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.

In a 6-to-2 decision, the high court said Russell and Robalee Bruesewitz’s lawsuit was preempted under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. The law grants drug companies immunity from certain lawsuits from injuries or deaths tied to vaccinations.

“We hold that the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act preempts all design-defect claims against vaccine manufacturers brought by plaintiffs who seek compensation for injury or death caused by vaccine side effects,” wrote Justice Antonin Scalia in the majority decision.
Parents can t sue drug firms when vaccines cause harm Supreme Court says - CSMonitor.com

td, swimfrog just gave a mangled reason why not to vaccinate. He does not understand the science behind it. I am sure you do. The overwhelming majority of professionals and physicians say do it. That means far more than Jenny M running her mouth.

Oh gee, swimfrog. How clever.

I understand the science perfectly. People who don't want to get their kids vaccinated are ignorant fools and/or fucking idiots who can't rub their two brain cells together. With the exception of flu shots and the chickenpox vaccine, not getting your kids their basic vaccines is just about the dumbest parenting move possible, short of being pregnant and using drugs (the first two vaccines are not really very good probably have far more risk than reward, short of a select population of high risk instances).

My objections to mandatory vaccines have nothing to do with a lack of knowledge. To the contrary, I probably understand it better than you. My reasons are because I value individual freedom of choice. If you vaccinate your kids, they're safe and it no longer matters whether the neighbors vaccinated their kids or not. Anyone who truly understands the facts and also values individual liberty will understand that mandatory vaccines don't accomplish anything, and thus they are a very poor use of government power.

What you don't realize is that most people have at least 2 children.

Go to any school, especially an elementary school, and you will see moms with babies picking up their kids or attending their kids' school functions.

That baby she brought with her can't be vaccinated until several months after birth for some vaccinations. Others it has to be done after the first year and later.

Those babies are at risk of being infected and die. Their immune systems aren't established yet and it won't take much for them to die from a disease.

So no, your statement that if your child is vaccinated there is no problem is wrong.

There is a problem. Babies aren't born vaccinated and they are the ones at the highest risk of death if they're infected with a disease.

When I grew up there was no choice. The vaccinations were done in the schools.

We were all lined up in the gym or cafeteria and everyone was vaccinated. The only ones who weren't were the ones who already had the vaccination.

That's how many childhood diseases were eradicated.

I will never understand the paranoia of some people.

This is a really hard one for me. I'm torn. I realize that vaccination is very important and has saved thousands or millions of lives. I do not like the idea of government forced vaccinations though!!!

It was what you call forced for a very long time.

We were all lined up at school and vaccinated. The only way a child didn't get it was because it already had the vaccination. It was convenient for the parents. No one had to take time off from work to take us to get the vaccination. It didn't cost anything to the parents beyond their normal property taxes. The parents didn't have to keep a record of the vaccinations. It was already at the school.

It's how we eradicated some childhood diseases.

It stopped in the reagan years.

Last edited:
Schools dictate that you have to wear a shirt and shoes when you come to school. Jesus H conservatism is like a ball and chain locked to the leg of the sane people of the Earth and we have to drag them along every single step.

As was said in a post above, its time to grow up. Your rights end at the point they harm someone else.

Last edited:
td, swimfrog just gave a mangled reason why not to vaccinate. He does not understand the science behind it. I am sure you do. The overwhelming majority of professionals and physicians say do it. That means far more than Jenny M running her mouth.

Oh gee, swimfrog. How clever.

I understand the science perfectly. People who don't want to get their kids vaccinated are ignorant fools and/or fucking idiots who can't rub their two brain cells together. With the exception of flu shots and the chickenpox vaccine, not getting your kids their basic vaccines is just about the dumbest parenting move possible, short of being pregnant and using drugs (the first two vaccines are not really very good probably have far more risk than reward, short of a select population of high risk instances).

My objections to mandatory vaccines have nothing to do with a lack of knowledge. To the contrary, I probably understand it better than you. My reasons are because I value individual freedom of choice. If you vaccinate your kids, they're safe and it no longer matters whether the neighbors vaccinated their kids or not. Anyone who truly understands the facts and also values individual liberty will understand that mandatory vaccines don't accomplish anything, and thus they are a very poor use of government power.

What you don't realize is that most people have at least 2 children.

Go to any school, especially an elementary school, and you will see moms with babies picking up their kids or attending their kids' school functions.

That baby she brought with her can't be vaccinated until several months after birth for some vaccinations. Others it has to be done after the first year and later.

Those babies are at risk of being infected and die. Their immune systems aren't established yet and it won't take much for them to die from a disease.

So no, your statement that if your child is vaccinated there is no problem is wrong.

There is a problem. Babies aren't born vaccinated and they are the ones at the highest risk of death if they're infected with a disease.

When I grew up there was no choice. The vaccinations were done in the schools.

We were all lined up in the gym or cafeteria and everyone was vaccinated. The only ones who weren't were the ones who already had the vaccination.

That's how many childhood diseases were eradicated.

I will never understand the paranoia of some people.

passive immunity check it out sometime

also a chart of when to immunize children

What Shots Does My Baby Need and When

I thought liberals were pro choice.
Public Health is not a choice, it's a requirement...
Then are we required to ban sugar for public health?
Nope, placing limits on it would do, if you truly want a healthy population. So, do you?

The fatties aren't going to be too happy with you Mr. Bloomberg. Who decides the limits, you?

I assume you're willing to fine or lock people up for not vaccinating?

So then you'd advocate a mandatory weekly amount of resistance training, that if not met would lead to fines or jail time?

That would go a long way in your goal of a healthy population.

Last edited:
If vaccines are so safe and effective why is there any debate on the issue? There is little debate on the use of seat belts.

You have no freedom to endanger my child. GTP.

If your kids are vaccinated, then they're not being endangered, are they?

I think that is the point.....

People are concerned about the stuff that is being pumped into their children.

I don't know enough about it to say anything about the science.

I suppose my question is...if you keep your kid at home do you still have to pay the mill levy associated with school taxes.

Or is it that you have to keep them at home and still pay regardless ?

Yes you still pay the taxes because you enjoy the benefits of having an educated, capable populace around you every day (for the most part anyway, sure there's some idiots out there)

That does not wash. The so-called educated populace gets to carry their fair share.

The child you educate today with your taxes is the doctor who will save your life 25 years from now.

Do you like all the advances in science and medicine? You paid for the first K-12 years of it. Do you like to have engineers who can invent things like GPS and Navigation Systems? You paid for the first K-12 years of it.

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

There is no point.

I don't educated those kids.

You can kid yourself into thinking what you said was true.

If you read most sociology books, they will explain to you that schools really are nothing much more than organized public babysitting services.

Forum List

Back