🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mandatory vaccines for kids in California: no personal or religious exemptions

No, once we've run the numbers. Not all things in life you get a choice in, not in a society. For what we provide there is a price to be paid. This shouldn't be hard to understand, your mom had the same worldview...
My Mom is a retired Nurse Practitioner who gave shots for a living. So, you're correct about her world view. Of course, when I was a kid we got about a 10th of the shots that kids get now, just guessing.

My kid is 17. It's her decision now.
Nope. Not until 18. Learn the goddamned laws eh?

People getting their vaccinations are also said to protect newborn babies and immune deficient people who can't be vaccinated against certain diseases.

People getting their vaccinations are also said to protect newborn babies and immune deficient people who can't be vaccinated against certain diseases.
Yep. And pediatricians are seeing a sharp rise in parents who won't bring their children to them unless they refuse care for the unvaccinated. It's dangerous just to have their children in the same waiting rooms, especially the babies too young to be vaccinated.

Get the fucking shots people.

Learn the goddamned laws eh?
That she might be but it isn't her call unless she's emancipated, which she isn't.
The second change to the proposal would “grandfather” in children currently in the school system, allowing them to potentially circumvent the law if it does pass and go into effect in 2016. Currently, school districts check the vaccination requirements for children entering kindergarten, and again for those entering seventh grade. The new amendment would allow children past kindergarten but before seventh grade, and those kids eighth grade and above, to avoid additional scrutiny of their vaccination records. In effect, children already in the system would not need to deal with the new law until and unless they hit one of the existing checkpoints.
California mandatory vaccination bill breezes through senate committee US news The Guardian

The law doesn't effect my kid. She's old enough now to decide for herself and she can walk into a clinic whenever she wants. The law only effects my future grandkids if they go to public school. By then they'll probably have DNA-manipulating nanotech hideousness and you'll still be arguing that nobody can say "no thanks".

As a society we are well within our rights to demand both...

Yes that is the point. No one's religion or 'gut feeling' or laziness trumps the welfare of the society at large.

You have a very low esteem for the amount of research I've done on the subject. At the same time you're probably still certain that the pertussis vaccine provides herd immunity, despite the science on the subject.

I know that I had all my vaccinations as a child and so did my son. Neither of us had any problems with vaccinations. My son did run a very low grade fever one time, but that was all. He had no lasting ill effects. I do know that vaccines save lives and that the benefits far outweigh the risks, but at the same time, I don't like giving the government permission to stick a needle in your arm against your will. I don't know . . . this is a really hard one to decide because I am a big believer in freedom and the least amount of government interference.

Learn the goddamned laws eh?
That she might be but it isn't her call unless she's emancipated, which she isn't.
The second change to the proposal would “grandfather” in children currently in the school system, allowing them to potentially circumvent the law if it does pass and go into effect in 2016. Currently, school districts check the vaccination requirements for children entering kindergarten, and again for those entering seventh grade. The new amendment would allow children past kindergarten but before seventh grade, and those kids eighth grade and above, to avoid additional scrutiny of their vaccination records. In effect, children already in the system would not need to deal with the new law until and unless they hit one of the existing checkpoints.
California mandatory vaccination bill breezes through senate committee US news The Guardian

The law doesn't effect my kid. She's old enough now to decide for herself and she can walk into a clinic whenever she wants. The law only effects my future grandkids if they go to public school. By then they'll probably have DNA-manipulating nanotech hideousness and you'll still be arguing that nobody can say "no thanks".
I'll be dead long before then, and the point is the same, it's not her call, not yet.

I know that I had all my vaccinations as a child and so did my son. Neither of us had any problems with vaccinations. My son did run a very low grade fever one time, but that was all. He had no lasting ill effects. I do know that vaccines save lives and that the benefits far outweigh the risks, but at the same time, I don't like giving the government permission to stick a needle in your arm against your will. I don't know . . . this is a really hard one to decide because I am a big believer in freedom and the least amount of government interference.
Time to grow up then...

Time to grow up then...

I think it's more babyish to want the government to be your dad and to protect you from everything and to make your decisions for you . . .

Time to grow up then...

I think it's more babyish to want the government to be your dad and to protect you from everything and to make your decisions for you . . .
It would be, if that's what I thought, which I don't, but that's what a child would say. As I said, it's time to grow up now, and stop thinking that shitting in the water bucket is a "choice" you get to make.

Time to grow up then...

It would be, if that's what I thought, which I don't, but that's what a child would say. As I said, it's time to grow up now, and stop thinking that shitting in the water bucket is a "choice" you get to make.

There are probably better ways and less invasive ways to have people cooperate, like better education about these vaccinations and how they have saved so many people.

Time to grow up then...

Also, what if you are one of the unlucky ones, whose child does happen to have some kind of life altering complication from a vaccine? Perhaps the child slips into a coma and suffers brain damage. Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too? That is just one reason why it is STILL a choice, I'm sure.

Time to grow up then...

There are probably better ways and less invasive ways to have people cooperate, like better education about these vaccinations and how they have saved so many people.
When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow. We don't have time to make everyone all warm and happy, that is, as your said, for babies. Grow up, deal with the demands of your goddamned society, and take your fucking medicine.

You have no freedom to endanger my child. GTP.

If your kids are vaccinated, then they're not being endangered, are they?

The problem is that a child isn't born vaccinated. Nor can they get those vaccinations at birth. It takes several months for the baby to be vaccinated. There are some vaccines that can't be administered until after that child is over a year old or older.

So while a child at school may be safe because that child is vaccinated, the baby that's it's younger sibling isn't. So when the mom comes to a school function with that baby, that baby is at risk.

No one has any right to put babies at risk for diseases just because they didn't vaccinate their child.

Also, what if you are one of the unlucky ones, whose child does happen to have some kind of life altering complication from a vaccine? Perhaps the child slips into a coma and suffers brain damage. Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?
Yep, and we'll pay to bury them as well. It's a package deal, now you know.

Better the loss of 1 in 1,000 than 1 in 10 or 20. Life is brutal, grow up and deal with it.

Is the government going to pay the hospital bills too?

I would think in the US, it would be the pharmaceutical company that pays restitution, if you can beat their lawyers.

In Europe there have been several cases where the government pays the damages for injury from jabs, like this one;
It was subsequently revealed that the vaccine, Pandemrix, can cause narcolepsy and cataplexy in about one in 16,000 people, and many more are expected to come forward with the symptoms.

Across Europe, more than 800 children are so far known to have been made ill by the vaccine.
Brain-Damaged UK Victims of Swine Flu Vaccine to Get 60 Million Compensation

Forum List

Back