Many are Called, but Few are Chosen

Mrs. M.

Man Feed Guest Writer
Nov 2, 2015
cropped-High-Quality-River-Wallpaper-2.jpg

Jesus said, “The pure in heart shall see God.” If the pure in heart shall see God then the impure in heart shall not see God. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. What is in our hearts?

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place bitter waters and sweet? James 3:16

This is not an indictment against those who do not know Christ but rather an indictment against those of us who do.

We cannot say we love Jesus if our own words and actions deny him. It is a grave matter to sin against the truth in broad daylight. The world does not know the truth. The Holy Bible tells us that the world will know we are the Lord's disciples by our love for one another. How can the love of God abide in us while murdering one another?

Contrary to popular belief, words are not harmless. They can be deadly. Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. In Psalms 17:1 King David's prayer to God begins with the words - “Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.”

The definition of feign is to pretend, to put on an appearance of. To imitate deceptively. It is the counter-opposite of truthfulness, sincerity and an open heart. God despises feigned lips because he knows that the heart of that individual is far from him.

Churches across America sing I surrender all and before the day is over those same lips are busy confessing the sins of their brethren. Jesus never told us to confess the sins of others to one another. We are to confess “our sins” to one another. In such an atmosphere of betrayal how many people (saved or unsaved) would feel safe to do such a thing?

The bible identifies the sin of slander and gossip as murder.

When God sent his servants to call those who had been invited to the wedding banquet – to come – those who were invited refused. Instead they murdered the King's messengers – according to Matthew 22. How did they murder them? They treated them spitefully and slandered them, while making excuses as to why “now” was not a convenient time.

In response, the King sent forth his armies to destroy those murderers and burn their cities. He told his servants that those who had been invited to come were not worthy. He sent his servants to the highways and byways to invite the good and the bad to come to the Wedding Banquet. None refused and the Wedding hall was filled.

Later, one man tried to enter without his wedding clothes – a picture of the garment of Christ. The King asked, Friend, where are your wedding clothes? The man was speechless because he had no answer.

He was cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Many are called, but few are chosen.

Bible verse gossip, what the Bible say about gossip? Study and be enlightened on this destructive habit.

Last edited:
"And before the day is over those same lips are busy confessing the sins of their brethren. Jesusnever told us to confess the sins of others to one another. We are toconfess “our sins” to one another. In such an atmosphere of betrayalhow many people (saved or unsaved) would feel safe to do such athing?

"

Political correctness.

"Hello. You have reached the Dogmaphobe residence. I'm sorry I missed your call, but if you leave your name, your telephone number and a brief sermon, I will get back to you at my earliest convenience"

"And before the day is over those same lips are busy confessing the sins of their brethren. Jesusnever told us to confess the sins of others to one another. We are toconfess “our sins” to one another. In such an atmosphere of betrayalhow many people (saved or unsaved) would feel safe to do such athing?

"

Political correctness.
The truth is there is only one "correctness" and that is the Word of God and to obey it. All other ground is as sinking sand. In light of that truth, there is only one course of action that is required of a person who harms someone else by their words or actions - go to the person and ask them to forgive you. Purpose in your heart that you will never do it again and then make sure that you don't.

God will withhold no good thing from those who walk uprightly (see Psalm 84:11).
What a promise! Isn't that wonderful?

"

Political correctness.
The truth is there is only one "correctness" and that is the Word of God and to obey it. All other ground is as sinking sand. In light of that truth, there is only one course of action that is required of a person who harms someone else by their words or actions - go to the person and ask them to forgive you. Purpose in your heart that you will never do it again and then make sure that you don't.

God will withhold no good thing from those who walk uprightly (see Psalm 84:11).
What a promise! Isn't that wonderful?
It doesnt work in a society of cry bullies.

Forum List

Back