Many Texas Schools Teach Creationism

distraff

Rookie
Aug 25, 2013
According to the Reading and Writing and Religion II a report by the Texas Freedom Network, many Texas children are being taught creationism including the myth that the earth is only 6,000 years old. So what do you think of this development? What should we do about it? Should creationism be taught in schools?

Edit:
I can't post a link right now because I don't have enough posts however a simple google search will provide you with enough sources.

Last edited:
First, let's begin with a sold evidentiary link that this is so.

And if you google "Many Texas Schools Teach Creationism" a host of links, asserting from Governor Perry to the Huffington post and motherjones that, indeed, more public schools are teaching fundamental creationism.

If that is being done in liberal arts or humanities classrooms, good.

If that is being done in the science classroom, very poor.

Last edited:
Private school is your friend. It's what people do who don't like what's being taught in school.

The laws provide for private school, and that's a good thing in our wonderful country.

Teachers and adults in the private school homes should have regular back ground checks, and all who are teaching should have passed the teacher's state school exam they use for final certification.

According to the Reading and Writing and Religion II a report by the Texas Freedom Network, many Texas children are being taught creationism including the myth that the earth is only 6,000 years old. So what do you think of this development? What should we do about it? Should creationism be taught in schools?

Edit:
I can't post a link right now because I don't have enough posts however a simple google search will provide you with enough sources.

And that hurts you how exactly?

And if you google "Many Texas Schools Teach Creationism" a host of links, asserting from Governor Perry to the Huffington post and motherjones that, indeed, more public schools are teaching fundamental creationism.

These ideas have been scientifically invalidated. They should not be taught as fact anywhere. At the very most they should be presented in philosophy courses and then the scientific evidence invalidating them should also be presented.

My cousin who is a teacher in Texass states that plants feel pain when arguing with my vegetarian wife.

Edit:

That's why my tag line says what it says.

These ideas have been scientifically invalidated. They should not be taught as fact anywhere. At the very most they should be presented in philosophy courses and then the scientific evidence invalidating them should also be presented.

They are faith concerns, as are all creation myths, friend, and belong in the liberal arts classroom.

Empirical data can no more dismiss religious belief than it can dismiss evolution.

What no one has posted is that creationism is being taught in the science classroom in Texas schools is the point.

Last edited:

Edit:

And that hurts you how exactly?

Do you value science education? How can we be the best in science in the world if some of us teach kids myths and call it science?

distraff, no one has shown that creationism is being taught in the science classroom, even as an alternative theory.

distraff, no one has shown that creationism is being taught in the science classroom, even as an alternative theory.

Not officially. However some schools in Texas teach creationist ideas. When I talk about creationism in the classroom I am responding to people who think it should be taught there.

Little Billy having two daddies or two mommies has also been 100% scientifically invalidated but you assholes on the left have no problems teaching that. Intelligent design has yet to be totally invalidated which makes it a possible competing theory to strict evolution. But hey let's not let facts stand in the way of a good piece of propaganda.

ID and creationism are philosophical concepts, with great flaws, I think.

Evolution is scientific, with flaws as well.

Their "proof" values are different.

They belong in different classrooms.

first, let's begin with a sold evidentiary link that this is so.

And if you google "many texas schools teach creationism" a host of links, asserting from governor perry to the huffington post and motherjones that, indeed, more public schools are teaching fundamental creationism.

if?

ID and creationism are philosophical concepts, with great flaws, I think.

Evolution is scientific, with flaws as well.

Their "proof" values are different.

They belong in different classrooms.

What "flaws"? Name them.

Bible based teachings should be encouraged in ALL public schools.

Creation by a higher power makes more sense than anything else.

Not all of us Christians believe in the 6,000-8,000 years earth age belief. I believe in the "gap theory."

Forum List

Back