Marijuana abuse doubles in last 11 years

The number one source is the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Dismissed as prejudice.

20 Medical Studies That Show Cannabis Can Be A Potential Cure For Cancer

I agree, ingesting it will help, however smoking it increases the risk because of the carcinogens released when exposed to high heat. Inhaling smoke into your lungs, no matter the smoke is a health risk.
pot may help protect against those specific risks.

All the evidence shows otherwise and also defies logic, however feel free to intake it anyway you want. None of my business.
which evidence? links, or just full of fallacy while claiming you are not really like that?

All ready posted the links, you can go back and look at my post or you can go to the American Lung association or the Cancer Society or using common sense you could figure out that inhaling smoke into your lungs can't be all that healthy. :dunno:
Nonsense. The smart folks at UCLA say smoking weed does not cause lung cancer and there is a chance it offers a "protective" effect.
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

I agree, ingesting it will help, however smoking it increases the risk because of the carcinogens released when exposed to high heat. Inhaling smoke into your lungs, no matter the smoke is a health risk.

All the evidence shows otherwise and also defies logic, however feel free to intake it anyway you want. None of my business.
which evidence? links, or just full of fallacy while claiming you are not really like that?

All ready posted the links, you can go back and look at my post or you can go to the American Lung association or the Cancer Society or using common sense you could figure out that inhaling smoke into your lungs can't be all that healthy. :dunno:

Already addressed in prior post as well. The number one source of information for the Lung Association is the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Which is a government agency that publishes very few positive facts about the plant.

As an herb, I have no issues with most plants, smoking it is stupid and releases carcinogenics. If you want to smoke it, fine by me, you will never convince me that inhaling smoke into lungs will not harm you.

Yeah, that's what we need, an entire society infected with Munchausen Syndrome. Facilitate people's decline into drug abuse and then take care of them.
Do you believe if all recreational drugs were legalized everyone in the U.S. (except you, of course) would rush right out and buy some?

I have some interesting information for you. Any type of drug one might wish to buy is readily available within five miles of any inhabited part of the U.S.

So how many degenerate junkies do you know? And how many individuals within your circle of friends and family do you believe would start using hard drugs?

And do you think the War On Drugs, which has been raging for more than three decades, has had the slightest constructive effect on the availability and use of recreational drugs in America?

I suggest you are in serious need of education on this topic.

As an herb, I have no issues with most plants, smoking it is stupid and releases carcinogenics. If you want to smoke it, fine by me, you will never convince me that inhaling smoke into lungs will not harm you.
Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana, nor is it the best way. The only reason smoking is presently the most common way it is used is the suppressive effect of prohibition which has driven it underground.

Legalize it and there soon will be a wide variety of edible cannabis products available.

Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana, nor is it the best way. The only reason smoking is presently the most common way it is used is the suppressive effect of prohibition which has driven it underground.

Legalize it and there soon will be a wide variety of edible cannabis products available.

Edibles is a shit way to take marijuana. You have no real way of regulating the high or the dosage once you've taken it. You're essentially locking yourself in for whatever ride you just swallowed. You can't do a thing to lessen its power or duration.

Smoking allows you to regulate your high. If you're feeling to buzzed....stop smoking. Your head will start to clear in about 20 minutes. Want to limit the duration of your high? Stop smoking.

Nonsense. The smart folks at UCLA say smoking weed does not cause lung cancer and there is a chance it offers a "protective" effect.
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

One study, good you go with it. So you believe inhaling smoke with carcinogens is healthy?

I see no problem with someone preferring to smoke up a doobie as opposed to drinking a couple of beers after a long day at work. What's the difference and why should we care? Does anyone actually believe that marijuana is more harmful than alcohol?

You would think it would be the opposite considering the pungent aroma when it's smoked. I would think it would be in pill form to be most discrete. Anyway, I think anytime you take smoke into your lungs it is unhealthy.

Vaporizing herbs seem to have netted good results. Lavender, chamomile have helped with stress and sleeping.

Edibles is a shit way to take marijuana. You have no real way of regulating the high or the dosage once you've taken it. You're essentially locking yourself in for whatever ride you just swallowed. You can't do a thing to lessen its power or duration.

Smoking allows you to regulate your high. If you're feeling to buzzed....stop smoking. Your head will start to clear in about 20 minutes. Want to limit the duration of your high? Stop smoking.
This presumes the user is ingesting something he knows nothing about in terms of potency and strain, which is analogous to going to a liquor store and buying a pint of something, taking it home, pouring a glassful and downing it.

The best advice which can be given where marijuana use is concerned is to learn what strain (indica, sativa, etc.) is most satisfying, what potency level is best, and what potency level one is about to ingest. This is why the proof (potency) level of any type of beverage alcohol legally sold is indicated on its label.

Alcohol Prohibition made such selective choice impossible and the result was thousands of deaths and millions of serious medical problems. Repealing Prohibition put an end to "bathtub gin" and its lethal consequences.

Legalized marijuana will put an end to the problem you've described, because the competitive market, along with rigid federal controls, will soon make it possible for cannabis consumers to know exactly what they are buying and its potency level.

I used marijuana on a regular basis throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. My late wife and I rarely smoked it because we had a source of hydroponically grown indica with consistent potency and its friendly price enabled me to bake a truly excellent carrot cake.

If a friend had never eaten cannabis before I would cut them a half-inch square and tell them to wait twenty minutes for more if that amount didn't comfortably adjust their mood. That is the way to approach marijuana use. Slow and easy. But the effect of pot-prohibition has made it commonplace to roll up "something" one got from a dealer, light it and smoke the whole thing.

The same mistake is common with edibles. A novice takes a big bite of something he/she has no knowledge about and wonders why the experience was negative.

I will add that someone who is accustomed to smoking cannabis and experiments with an edible is likely to be disappointed with the relatively slow and gentle effect -- or the overwhelming effect if too much is ingested. It takes a while to transcend the smoking habit and adapt to edible ingestion.

As long as druggies keep killing themselves, I'm okay with it. The guy who got high on pot and impaled himself on a spiked fence is a hero to his kind.

What do you believe ARE the risks of pot?
Anxiety disorder and depression. Both of which are crippling and can be life sentences.
people with those problems should not be doing any drugs let alone pot.....
Geez, you're stupid. The pot caused the disorders and the conditions are mostly permanent. You are a posterchild for the damaging effects of pot on intellect.
hey dumbass .....anything you are trying for the first time can do anything from causing a reaction to killing you.....you are supposed to be smart enough to know that going in.....so whats your excuse?....
Hey dumber-ass, I'm telling you -- warning you -- about the risks of pot that you and your fellow moronic pot addicts continue to deny so don't lecture me about warnings, hypocrite.
so don't lecture me about warnings
about warnings?.....i think it was more about common sense.....if you are going to try something new,things might happen to you,and you may not like it....
how am i a hypocrite?....what am i doing that i say dont do?..

As long as druggies keep killing themselves, I'm okay with it. The guy who got high on pot and impaled himself on a spiked fence is a hero to his kind.

Well, what about alcohol which is completely legal? Do you know how many deaths every year are attributed to alcohol, yet all of the conservatives seem to be whining about pot? I think a person has their wits about them much more when stoned on pot than when drunk on alcohol.

Anxiety disorder and depression. Both of which are crippling and can be life sentences.
Geez, you're stupid. The pot caused the disorders and the conditions are mostly permanent. You are a posterchild for the damaging effects of pot on intellect.
hey dumbass .....anything you are trying for the first time can do anything from causing a reaction to killing you.....you are supposed to be smart enough to know that going in.....so whats your excuse?....
Hey dumber-ass, I'm telling you -- warning you -- about the risks of pot that you and your fellow moronic pot addicts continue to deny so don't lecture me about warnings, hypocrite.
about warnings?.....i think it was more about common sense.....if you are going to try something new,things might happen to you,and you may not like it....
Oh please. The best thing to happen is to od first time out and shoot their wives. Someone who overdoses the first time is unlikely to have a second time.

I really don't see any good reason to keep marijuana illegal. Cigarettes and alcohol are no better, and both are legal. Do we NEED the government to tell us what we can and cannot put into our own bodies? Really?

Oh please. The best thing to happen is to od first time out and shoot their wives. Someone who overdoses the first time is unlikely to have a second time.

Overdoses on pot? :lol:

Forum List

Back