Marine Corps Commander: Using Troops At Southern Border Poses Unacceptable Risk

Oh, puh-leaze! One of the main jobs of any military throughout history has been to protect the nation's borders from unwanted intrusions. If deploying a few thousand Marines and/or GIs to help secure our border against drug traffic, illegal aliens, gang activity, human trafficking is somehow posing a risk to "readiness," then someone is using a very odd definition of "readiness." Someone should tell the Commandant that one of his most basic constitutional duties is to help protect our borders. If he can't keep the Marine Corps "ready" because he's been ordered to send a small fraction of the total Marine force to help secure the border, then perhaps he needs to find a new job.

If the Commandant has to cancel some training exercises to support live operations to help secure our border, so what? Then do it. Again, Commandant, one of your biggest jobs is to protect our borders from intruders. That's kind of one of the main reasons any nation has a military, right?

As for his claim that he's having to cancel some repairs to some Marine bases because of the relatively small amount of money that Trump is diverting to help secure the border, then I say he needs to do a better job of managing the billions of taxpayer dollars that the Marine Corps gets in its budget. Surely there are other areas from which he could take money besides military construction and maintenance, such as all these conferences and training trips that Marine officers and enlisted get to take each year, few of which are truly "mission essential" or "mission critical."

Since the late 1800s in this country, the military has not been used to protect the nation's borders from unwanted intrusions and is not part of the mission today. That is why we have a border patrol.
????!!!!! what?? !!!???
The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country. The department's headquarters is at the Pentagon.
....more Americans were killed by an attack committed by foreigners on US SOIL than were killed at Pearl Harbor!!!!
--more than at Beirut/most other terror attacks outside the US
again-- ON US SOIL

a BIG threat to Americans IS terrorism in the US--
DUH

Oh, puh-leaze! One of the main jobs of any military throughout history has been to protect the nation's borders from unwanted intrusions. If deploying a few thousand Marines and/or GIs to help secure our border against drug traffic, illegal aliens, gang activity, human trafficking is somehow posing a risk to "readiness," then someone is using a very odd definition of "readiness." Someone should tell the Commandant that one of his most basic constitutional duties is to help protect our borders. If he can't keep the Marine Corps "ready" because he's been ordered to send a small fraction of the total Marine force to help secure the border, then perhaps he needs to find a new job.

If the Commandant has to cancel some training exercises to support live operations to help secure our border, so what? Then do it. Again, Commandant, one of your biggest jobs is to protect our borders from intruders. That's kind of one of the main reasons any nation has a military, right?

As for his claim that he's having to cancel some repairs to some Marine bases because of the relatively small amount of money that Trump is diverting to help secure the border, then I say he needs to do a better job of managing the billions of taxpayer dollars that the Marine Corps gets in its budget. Surely there are other areas from which he could take money besides military construction and maintenance, such as all these conferences and training trips that Marine officers and enlisted get to take each year, few of which are truly "mission essential" or "mission critical."

Since the late 1800s in this country, the military has not been used to protect the nation's borders from unwanted intrusions and is not part of the mission today. That is why we have a border patrol.
????!!!!! what?? !!!???
The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country. The department's headquarters is at the Pentagon.
more Americans were killed by an attack committed by foreigners on US SOIL than were killed at Pearl Harbor!!!!
again-- ON US SOIL

DUH

I understand the mission of the DOD and actually think that the military should defend the border from sea to shining sea.

But in our country that is not the case, has not been since the late 1800s and the passing of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Even now when active duty troops are sent there, they are in a support role, not in direct defense of the border.

I was in the USMC
from your link:
The Marine Corps will not be able to participate in planned training exercises in Indonesia, Scotland and Mongolia
so they can't train in MONGOLIA !!!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahahaha Big Deal!!!!
they can train at home or somewhere else
...hey buddy---we did multiple exercises in the Med [ Mediterranean ]..they do it all the time.....in 6 months we did exercises in:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia
...they have Battalions doing the same in the Pacific

in 4 years in the Fleet I not only did the Med exercises, but also all OVER South America,-TWICE and Honduras,--plus a couple weeks off Colombia [ again ] when the POTUS went there
PLUS- live fire exercises at 29 Palms Ca and Virginia
etc
all of this in just 4 years
PLUS we do live fire/exercises/training at our home base
Wow...four years in the MC?

You're an expert then huh?

Made it all the way up to what...PFC?

That absolutely makes you more of an expert on troop deployment and training readiness than the stupid COMMANDANT huh?

What's he got. A degree from Annapolis and 30 years as an Officer. WTF would HE know huh?
you dumbass 8 years--4 just in the Fleet
he's just politicizing
.....lot's of people with degrees /high IQs are dumbasses/insane
the Unibomber went to Harvard!!! he was a professor at UC !!!!

so your argument is worthless
11 Terrifying Murderers Who Used Their Genius-Level IQs To Kill People

I was in the USMC
from your link:
The Marine Corps will not be able to participate in planned training exercises in Indonesia, Scotland and Mongolia
...hey buddy---we did multiple exercises in the Med [ Mediterranean ]..they do it all the time.....in 6 months we did exercises in:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia

in 4 years in the Fleet I not only did the Med exercises, but also all OVER South America,-TWICE and Honduras,--plus a couple weeks off Colombia [ again ] when the POTUS went there
etc

That absolutely makes you more of an expert on troop deployment and training readiness than the stupid COMMANDANT huh?

What's he got. A degree from Annapolis and 30 years as an Officer. WTF would HE know huh?

Actually he went to U of Virginia, not the naval academy. The Marine do not actually put much stock in the Annapolis, one of my pilots once told me in the Corps it was something they had to overcome, not an aid to their career.
see post # 85 and
Serial Killers with Abnormally High IQs

I was in the USMC
from your link:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia

etc

Mongolia----hahahahhahahahah
!!!!!!!!!??????????
the US military will be crap because they can't go to Mongolia !!!

the US military trains ALL the time !!

If nobody questions things then things cannot get done...the more wrenches thrown in gears the better the outcome. Removing the wrenches is critical thinking. By the time they are removed a better outcome always happens. Perhaps it's good he said this.

Well guess what Marine Commander? You will go where you are told to go and do what you are told to do by your CIVILIAN leadership that was elected. You don't get to set public, nor military policy. You carry out OUR orders. Follow effing orders and STFU.

This guy should be fired.

????!!!!! what?? !!!???
more Americans were killed by an attack committed by foreigners on US SOIL than were killed at Pearl Harbor!!!!
again-- ON US SOIL

DUH

I understand the mission of the DOD and actually think that the military should defend the border from sea to shining sea.

But in our country that is not the case, has not been since the late 1800s and the passing of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Even now when active duty troops are sent there, they are in a support role, not in direct defense of the border.
sure--don't worry about 3000 Americans being killed in ONE day by foreigners--IN the US

I was in the USMC
from your link:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia

etc

Actually he went to U of Virginia, not the naval academy. The Marine do not actually put much stock in the Annapolis, one of my pilots once told me in the Corps it was something they had to overcome, not an aid to their career.
see post # 85 and

what is your fucking point? I corrected an error that was stated about the Commandant, that is all.

get off your high horse, you are not the only Marine around here, I spent almost 3 times as long in the Corps as you did.

We have the most mighty military in the world full of young people from the hardest working, tough nosed, smart, most productive, most inspired generation this nation has ever seen. Talk about dedicated to what they do. The USA is in great shape.

I was in the USMC
from your link:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia

etc

see post # 85 and

what is your fucking point? I corrected an error that was stated about the Commandant, that is all.

get off your high horse, you are not the only Marine around here, I spent almost 3 times as long in the Corps as you did.
you weren't a real Marine--you had a 9-5 desk job
Mongolia !!!??? hahahhahahha--dumbshit

????!!!!! what?? !!!???
again-- ON US SOIL

DUH

sure--don't worry about 3000 Americans being killed in ONE day by foreigners--IN the US

look dumb ass, I do not make the fucking laws of the land, and I do not even agree with this one...but it is still the law of the land. I spent 3 years in Yuma, we used to catch illegals in our bombing ranges all the fucking time, and we could not do shit to them, we always had to wait for the border patrol.

hahahahhahahaah
220px-Mongols-map.png

I was in the USMC
from your link:
Sardinia--TWICE
Corsica
France
Spain
Tunisia

etc

see post # 85 and

you weren't a real Marine--you had a 9-5 desk job
Mongolia !!!??? hahahhahahha--dumbshit

Fuck off an die little man, you spent 4 years guarding the barracks in Hawaii.

I deployed every bit as much as you and then some.

The only 4 year period I went without deploying was when they made me do recruiting duty.

????!!!!! what?? !!!???
again-- ON US SOIL

DUH

look dumb ass, I do not make the fucking laws of the land, and I do not even agree with this one...but it is still the law of the land. I spent 3 years in Yuma, we used to catch illegals in our bombing ranges all the fucking time, and we could not do shit to them, we always had to wait for the border patrol.
what don't you understand about security of the country??

so---it was illegal for American forces to fight in the War of 1812??!!

Forum List

Back