Marine discharged after getting caught on camera harassing black woman at Trump rally

Sounds to me like this Marine--wouldbe Marine--has a nice little lawsuit, since he wasn't on duty and out of uniform and no charges were filed.

There is no right to become a Marine.

I never said there is.
and yet you seem to think they can't decide who to let in or keep out...

I never said that, either. What I said, is the he has the right to do process and he can't be summarily separated from the service.
Too late. He already was and there isnt any lawyer dumb enough to represent him unless they just want his money.

We don't know he doesn't have a case.

I never said there is.

I never said that, either. What I said, is the he has the right to do process and he can't be summarily separated from the service.
Too late. He already was and there isnt any lawyer dumb enough to represent him unless they just want his money.

Everybody has a case. Hell I could try and sue the military. That doesnt mean he is going to win or not get his case thrown out.

Under which regulation did the Marine Corps take action? In the service there's literally a regulation governing everything. Which one was it?
http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/61/Docs/FOIA/MCRCO1100.1EPM.pdf
MCRCO 1100.1
Chapter 3, Section 2 Part H

That regulation deals with criminal charges, waivers for convictiins, hand affiliation, tattoos and piercings.

Want to try again?

No need. You must have missed the pertinent part.

"General Information: Any participation in a criminal gang, extremist groups, activities or organizations is inconsistent with Marine Corps core values and equal opportunity regarding race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."
Love those catch-all rules...like Article 134.

Article 134 Is a part of the UCMJ. That takes a court's martial.

Actually, you can be processed under the UCMJ at Captain's Mast, which is considered Non Judicial Punishment. You know, for stuff like going UA.

And yes, I've seen people processed for CO's mast under article 134, usually was added on when they had other charges, but wanted to hammer them hard.

As far as your bullshit about discharges? Did you know that while a member of the DEP the enlistee isn't actually considered active duty, but rather an inactive part of the Marine Corps reserve.

As far as who can discharge someone from the DEP? It's done at the level of the CO of the recruiting district. It is classified as an entry level separation (ELS), which doesn't require any courts martial.

As far as thinking that he can now go and join any other service? Not so fast, because part of the interview asks if you have ever tried to enlist in another service, as well as they ask you to bring your discharge paperwork in so they can check eligibility. If he was kicked out of DEP for behavior like this, it's very doubtful that another service would take him, and if they did, a waiver at the level of the CO of the district would be required.

But, keep on with your bullshit, it's apparent you don't know what you're talking about.

Here's a link to help you out with your ignorance.................

Delayed Entry Program Discharge (DEP Discharge): Marines · GI Rights Hotline: Military Discharges and Military Counseling

And, if anyone else want's to laugh at Wild Bill, read it for yourself so that you can see he's full of shit.

Sounds to me like this Marine--wouldbe Marine--has a nice little lawsuit, since he wasn't on duty and out of uniform and no charges were filed.

I never said there is.

"Has the right to do process".......what do you mean, he has the right to do processes, or did you mean he has the right to DUE (meaning owed) process?

Even your vocabulary is a bit on the ignorant side.

That regulation deals with criminal charges, waivers for convictiins, hand affiliation, tattoos and piercings.

Want to try again?

"General Information: Any participation in a criminal gang, extremist groups, activities or organizations is inconsistent with Marine Corps core values and equal opportunity regarding race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."

Actually, you can be processed under the UCMJ at Captain's Mast, which is considered Non Judicial Punishment. You know, for stuff like going UA.

And yes, I've seen people processed for CO's mast under article 134, usually was added on when they had other charges, but wanted to hammer them hard.

As far as your bullshit about discharges? Did you know that while a member of the DEP the enlistee isn't actually considered active duty, but rather an inactive part of the Marine Corps reserve.

As far as who can discharge someone from the DEP? It's done at the level of the CO of the recruiting district. It is classified as an entry level separation (ELS), which doesn't require any courts martial.

As far as thinking that he can now go and join any other service? Not so fast, because part of the interview asks if you have ever tried to enlist in another service, as well as they ask you to bring your discharge paperwork in so they can check eligibility. If he was kicked out of DEP for behavior like this, it's very doubtful that another service would take him, and if they did, a waiver at the level of the CO of the district would be required.

But, keep on with your bullshit, it's apparent you don't know what you're talking about.

Delayed Entry Program Discharge (DEP Discharge): Marines · GI Rights Hotline: Military Discharges and Military Counseling

And, if anyone else want's to laugh at Wild Bill, read it for yourself so that you can see he's full of shit.

"Article 134. General article:
Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

Laugh away. Do I need to post the definition of cognizance for you?

I never said there is.

"Has the right to do process".......what do you mean, he has the right to do processes, or did you mean he has the right to DUE (meaning owed) process?

Personal attacks prove the weakness of your own argument.

Want to try again?

Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

Look up Captain's Mast for the Navy, or Office Hours for the USMC, and you will see that the UCMJ also applies to NJP.

Keep up with the bullshit, you're almost entertaining in your ignorance.

Want to try again?

YOu don't even know what an Article 15 hearing is, Stolen Valor.

I never said there is.

Personal attacks prove the weakness of your own argument.
Stolen valor proves the weakness of your argument. You have very little actual knowledge about how the military works.

I never said there is.

we very much do know that

An Article 15 Is the only article of the UCMJ That authorizes nonjudicial punishment.

Look up Captain's Mast for the Navy, or Office Hours for the USMC, and you will see that the UCMJ also applies to NJP.

Keep up with the bullshit, you're almost entertaining in your ignorance.

I don't have to look it up.

An Article 15 Is the only article of the UCMJ That authorizes nonjudicial punishment.
You really don't know the military at all, do you Stolen Valor. Article 15 IS NJP.

So remember that video that surfaced a few days ago of that black chick getting shoved around at the Trump rally in Louisville? Well, one of her attackers was apparently enlisted in the Marine Corps' delayed entry program and has now been kicked out for embarrassing them.

Trump supporters..............

An aspiring marine has been kicked out of the Corp's for harassing a black woman at a Donald Trump rally.

Joseph Pryor, who had enlisted in the Marine's delayed entry program, was filmed shouting at University of Louisville student Kayisha Nwanguma at the political event at Kentucky International Convention Center on March 1.

Shocking footage of the event shows the young, black protester being violently pushed around and screamed at to 'get out' by angry rally-goers.

Marine discharged after caught attacking black woman at Trump rally
Damn......

I wish I had known it was that easy to get out.....just shove a black woman.

You really don't know the military at all, do you Stolen Valor. Article 15 IS NJP.

That's what I just said...lol!

I know exactly how the UCMJ works and this man would have to be court martialed, to be discharged. He can't be summarily cashiered from the service.

Was he court martialed?

He's not a Marine yet. He was kicked out of the delayed entry program. You can start that while a senior in high school. I had a friend who did that.

In other words he isn't a Marine at all.
Exactly. He will never be one now.

Probably did him a favor. Now he can join another branch.
who would have him?
The Foreign Legion

I hope they let him back in.....guys like this we need over there.....tough, rugged, love beating up on helpless women, that's what this country need. Dog gonnit!!

If he isnt, "in yet", as you claim, he isn't bound by DOD regulations, hence the Marine Corps can't deny him his enlistment.
You dont seem too bright. Think of it as a letter of intent signed by an athlete. He goes and rapes someone and he forfeits his scholarship.

Being accepted into DEP means He already signed a contract.

Did Pryor rape anyone? Speaking of not too bright.
Signing a letter of intent is just as binding as the DEP contract. If you want to be really specific you really are not in the military until after you get through trainee status.

Pryor had already enlisted
He's not a Marine yet. He was kicked out of the delayed entry program. You can start that while a senior in high school. I had a friend who did that.

who would have him?

The other branches couldn't deny him the opportunity to enlist.
He's already in the system.

Unlikely he will go far.

who would have him?
The Foreign Legion
The Salvation Army

You dont seem too bright. Think of it as a letter of intent signed by an athlete. He goes and rapes someone and he forfeits his scholarship.

Being accepted into DEP means He already signed a contract.

Did Pryor rape anyone? Speaking of not too bright.
Signing a letter of intent is just as binding as the DEP contract. If you want to be really specific you really are not in the military until after you get through trainee status.

Pryor had already enlisted

who would have him?

The other branches couldn't deny him the opportunity to enlist.
He's already in the system.

Unlikely he will go far.

Depends on if the Corps covered all their bases.

Forum List

Back