Marine twitters students on their “Million Student March” for free tuition

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
He basically said --- I wanted free tuition too, today I had to march 25 miles for it. I will be marching a few more years for it, too.

Another said --- I marched today for my free tuition. In Afghanistan, under fire.

IOW, the students who make the news are not giving others (like me) hope for this nation’s future. They are another “black lives matter” creation. Damn everyone who does not think like we do, or who does not make our concern, THEE concern.

The USA has turned into a sign of the apocalypse, IMO. The media, the entertainment media, the government, the schools, the courts, they all seem to have gone adrift. It is totally a case of moral relativism. Even if God exists we really do not care what He might have to say. Self indulgence, ego and materialism is the game.

Last edited:
Once upon a time people with intelligence understood that the pursuit of knowledge should not have a price tag attached to it.

College students are adults. They got a "free" education when they were children. If they want to continue that as adults they can pay for it themselves like anything else.

Once upon a time people with intelligence understood that the pursuit of knowledge should not have a price tag attached to it.

College students are adults. They got a "free" education when they were children. If they want to continue that as adults they can pay for it themselves like anything else.
Education doesnt stop when you hit 18. Yeah they could pay for it but the point I was making was that intelligent people understood they shouldnt have to.

Education doesnt stop when you hit 18.

Correct, you have the option to pay for a continued one.

Yeah they could pay for it but the point I was making was that intelligent people understood they shouldnt have to.

Why shouldn't you have to?

Yes, and once upon a time people were not allowed to sit home and collect other peoples' hard earned money doing nothing!

We are $19 trillion dollars in debt handing out money for votes. How long do you think this house of cards can last?

Yeah they could pay for it but the point I was making was that intelligent people understood they shouldnt have to.

Because educated people tend to make your society stronger and make it less likely they will need welfare.

Yes, and once upon a time people were not allowed to sit home and collect other peoples' hard earned money doing nothing!

We are $19 trillion dollars in debt handing out money for votes. How long do you think this house of cards can last?
Thats false. There has always been some system of social support.

However long they want it to last. Havent you figured out the world runs on being in debt?

However long they want it to last. Havent you figured out the world runs on being in debt?

Let's just say you and I are worlds apart.

And, yes, there has always been some system of support you say. From the Bible they are asking us to support the widow and the orphans. Now, it's anyone with a voice or a vote.

Let's just say you and I are worlds apart.

And, yes, there has always been some system of support you say. From the Bible they are asking us to support the widow and the orphans. Now, it's anyone with a voice or a vote.
Thats why we discuss things on this forum.

I dont see what relevance the bible has here.

Because educated people tend to make your society stronger and make it less likely they will need welfare.

If we don't have food or water we die. If we don't have a house or place to live the odds drastically increase that exposure will shorten our survival. If we don't have transportation it's much harder to get to a job and contribute to the economy. Making sure 100% of the population had all of these things would also make society stronger. Should the government start paying for all of that too?

We are taken care of as children. Once we reach adulthood is up to us to forge our own path and achieve our goals, not someone to do it for us.

If we don't have food or water we die. If we don't have a house or place to live the odds drastically increase that exposure will shorten our survival. If we don't have transportation it's much harder to get to a job and contribute to the economy. Making sure 100% of the population had all of these things would also make society stronger. Should the government start paying for all of that too?

We are taken care of as children. Once we reach adulthood is up to us to forge our own path and achieve our goals, not someone to do it for us.

That^^^^

If youre educated you start getting all those things for yourself. Cost less money to provide people with free education vs welfare.

That sounds great but what does that have to do with free education?

Forum List

Back