Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/plan-your-visit/park-policies

DRESS CODE
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Six*Flags strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution. Bathing suits may be worn only in water park areas. Park admission may be denied if clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. Why does transacting business mean your private property is no longer your own? I made the same argument for the anti-gay baker, it's his property, government has no legitimate right to compel him to do business with anyone. Same here, it's their property, their choice. I am consistent.

It's hardly the same thing as the Baker - Gay Wedding Scenario. The Gays were demanding that someone who adamantly opposes their life style be forced to cater to it.

The scenario at six flags was a Marine wearing his shirt like a badge of honor , not demanding anyone cater to a perverted lifestyle, not asking anyone to approve or dis approve, and not a threat to anyone other than those who sought to destroy American Values. Using that logic they should be able to Ban anyone wearing Moslem garb - because Islam is a perceived threat to some people.

So you think government should decide what is and what is not acceptable? Seriously, you want them to have that power?

It's a private park, they bought and paid for the property, it is rightly up to them to decide who they want to do business with. That you want government to decide is ridiculous, and it justifies the left arguing the reverse. You're validating government decides, now it's just down to the decision.

Government using force to compel it's citizens to do business with anyone is just wrong.

You know KAZ - you've made a very good point -No I don't want them to have that power,and yes you are correct - it is a private park, they bought and paid for the property, it is rightly up to them to decide who they want to do business with..... whether I like it or not. .... Lets see now ---- summer vacation itinerary - guess it's gonne be Bush Gardens - cause Disney and Six Flags are now companies I won't do business with.

OT: Hey Lefties take note - It's called "Maturity" admitting when you've been beaten in a debate . Something Liberals will never doi because - At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child ...Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats

Last edited:
What is supposed to be patriotic about the tee-shirt?

Guns are patriotic

The fact is that under a different circumstance the typical RWnut would be quick to explain to you that distorting the image of the American flag into a gun and sticking it onto a tee-shirt is an example of disrespect for the flag,

which as a symbol of our nation, translates into disrespect for the country. Hardly patriotism.

I repeat...under a different circumstance...
Or...better yet, that's what the "typical" LWnut thinks. If we can call it thinking.

Guns are patriotic

The fact is that under a different circumstance the typical RWnut would be quick to explain to you that distorting the image of the American flag into a gun and sticking it onto a tee-shirt is an example of disrespect for the flag,

which as a symbol of our nation, translates into disrespect for the country. Hardly patriotism.

Or...better yet, that's what the "typical" LWnut thinks. If we can call it thinking.

"The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general..."

From the Flag Code. Now you'll tell me that most conservatives think the Flag Code is horseshit?

"The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general..."

From the Flag Code. Now you'll tell me that most conservatives think the Flag Code is horseshit?
Gotta call bull on that. I've seen the flag theme used thousands of times with no protest left or right. But because this one was shaped like a gun it bothers the left, even toast shaped into a gun does it.

It's hardly the same thing as the Baker - Gay Wedding Scenario. The Gays were demanding that someone who adamantly opposes their life style be forced to cater to it.

The scenario at six flags was a Marine wearing his shirt like a badge of honor , not demanding anyone cater to a perverted lifestyle, not asking anyone to approve or dis approve, and not a threat to anyone other than those who sought to destroy American Values. Using that logic they should be able to Ban anyone wearing Moslem garb - because Islam is a perceived threat to some people.

So you think government should decide what is and what is not acceptable? Seriously, you want them to have that power?

It's a private park, they bought and paid for the property, it is rightly up to them to decide who they want to do business with. That you want government to decide is ridiculous, and it justifies the left arguing the reverse. You're validating government decides, now it's just down to the decision.

Government using force to compel it's citizens to do business with anyone is just wrong.

You know KAZ - you've made a very good point -No I don't want them to have that power,and yes you are correct - it is a private park, they bought and paid for the property, it is rightly up to them to decide who they want to do business with..... whether I like it or not. .... Lets see now ---- summer vacation itinerary - guess it's gonne be Bush Gardens - cause Disney and Six Flags are now companies I won't do business with.

OT: Hey Lefties take note - It's called "Maturity" admitting when you've been beaten in a debate . Something Liberals will never doi because - At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child ...Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats

Absolutely your right!

DRESS CODE
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Six*Flags strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution. Bathing suits may be worn only in water park areas. Park admission may be denied if clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate.

I don't think most of the conservatives on this thread have a problem with the owners of Six Flags requiring this man to leave. It's their property. It's their call. I'm not even interested in the minutia of New Jersey's Civil Rights Act. Notwithstanding, the park's reaction, like that of theDoctorisIn, is hysterical nonsense.

Further, nobody with any sense gives a damn about your defense of the prerogatives of free-association and private property. We all know that you support the practice of state schools imposing your morality on the children of traditionalists, a clear violation of their inalienable rights under natural and constitutional law. We all know that you support obnoxious public accommodation codes that would compel traditionalists to participate in your pagan rituals in violation of the very same prerogatives of free-association and private property of natural and constitutional law that you're defending here, presumably.

You see, lefty does in fact understand this fundamental principle of liberty after all. Hence, he's necessarily conscious of the fact that he doesn't defend it when it comes to the rights of those with whom he disagrees.

In short, shut the hell up, rightwinger.

Last edited:

Bravo! :clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt

15619491-mmmain.jpg

A Marine combat veteran was denied admission to a New Jersey amusement park because he was wearing a patriotic Fourth of July shirt with a picture of a military rifle on it.

Mario Alejandro, 33, a veteran of the 2003 Iraq invasion, was stopped by a security guard when he and his family tried to enter Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, N.J., because his black shirt bore a drawing of an M-26 military rifle in red, white and blue, and the slogan, “Keep Calm and Return Fire,” NJ.com reports.

Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt - Tea Party Command Center

How is that a patriotic t-shirt?

The pussification of America continues. The shirt posed a threat? Some limp wristed gun grabber felt threatened? The officer was probably following procedure. Whoever wrote the procedure needs to be bitch slapped.

So private businesses are not allowed to establish dress codes?

DRESS CODE

I don't think most of the conservatives on this thread have a problem with the owners of Six Flags requiring this man to leave. It's their property. It's their call. I'm not even interested in the minutia of New Jersey's Civil Rights Act. Notwithstanding, the park's reaction, like that of theDoctorisIn, is hysterical nonsense.

Further, nobody with any sense gives a damn about your defense of the prerogatives of free-association and private property. We all know that you support the practice of state schools imposing your morality on the children of traditionalists, a clear violation of their inalienable rights under natural and constitutional law. We all know that you support obnoxious public accommodation codes that would compel traditionalists to participate in your pagan rituals in violation of the very same prerogatives of free-association and private property of natural and constitutional law that you’re defending here.

You see, lefty does in fact understand this fundamental principle of liberty after all. Hence, he's necessarily conscious of the fact that he doesn't defend it when it comes to the rights of those with whom he disagrees.

In short, shut the hell up, rightwinger.

I'm impressed

Impressed how you can be totally clueless as to how our laws work, the first amendment, and equal protection under the law

The moron in question is not being discriminated against. He is merely whining because his "fashion statement" was deemed to be unacceptable

I think he was "denied admission" because his shirt was vaguely threatening and included an assault rifle, not because it was "patriotic".

What is "patriotic" about threatening to kill people, anyway?

Exactly where was the shirt threatening to kill people?
So much for "Home of the Brave" if a t shirt with picture of an M16 scares you.

So...you are saying that a private business doesn't have the right to set a dress code?

Self defense is not 'threatening' to kill people.

Unless of course, you missed the part about "Return Fire".....it implies that you are already under fire.

There is nothing remotely threatening about the shirt, however, the amusement park is a private business and they are well within their rights to deny entry.

Unless of course, he was a minority or something.

Threatening to "defend yourself" with an assault rifle is still threatening to kill someone else.

I'm not claiming that the t-shirt is in any way bad, but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with "patriotism".

more IDIOCY, what do you thin....., oooops FEEEEEL the RED, WHITE and BLUE with the American flag motif means ?

do not answer because it will only prove you are beyond STUPID :lmao:

So...anything that is red, white, and blue is patriotic to you?

Fuck liberals and their BULLSHIT lies.. Always the same thing, different day.. Liberals make their own rules up and nothing ever applies to them.. Screw Six Flags.. everyone living near a Six Flags, plan a day together to meet on Social Media , having that same T Shirt.

So...Six Flags is not allowed to set their own dress code? (which wouldn't surprise me says something like "no clothing with gun imagery on it"...)

Let's hear DOC say the same about the bakery who refused to make a cake for da gheys.. Doc???

Actually, I find that couple who sued the bakery to be just as bitchy and whiny as you guys are being in this thread. The bakers, too - but in a different way.

That being said, they've got a law on their side.

Except...the couple did not sue the bakery....that's just a RW lie. They reported the bakery.

Forum List

Back