Mark Levin and Donald Sterling

Please cite the contract where Sterling gave up the right to speak freely in his home.

You're such an ignoramus. How dare you waste everyone's time with your shitty posts.

You are the ignoramus. The NBA has every right to decide who represents them. They are the Franchisor, they hold the strings, and you would be stupid if you thought they didn't have a contract on what their rights are.

How do you think they can block sales and ban players, or on this case owners. Silver is a hell of a lot smarter than you, and I am sure the NBA had quite a bit of lawyers. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Your posts are a waste of time, due tongue lack of knowledge on something so basic.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Please post the contract clause or NBA bylaws that specify an owner can be stripped of his ownership for saying unpopular things privately.

You've already proved in other threads you cannot read and make reasonable conclusions. IT isn't a stretch here you are simply making this up.

In your eyes, a complete partisan moron.

But since you are such a moron and can't figure out for yourself the NBA has the right, which is pretty obvious by Silver's actions. Silver who is a lot smarter than you, and has quite a bit more lawyers.

"If three-fourths of the NBA's owners vote to terminate Sterling's ownership, article 14(j) under 'Procedure for Termination' in the NBA's constitution states, "The decisions of the Association made in accordance with the foregoing procedure shall be final, binding, and conclusive, and each Member and Owner waives any and all recourse to any court of law to review any such decision."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ers-los-angeles-clippers-forced-sale/8626843/

"That doesn't prevent Sterling from going to court, but the clause "does set up a barrier to Sterling successfully challenging a decision by the owners to strip him of his team, but I don't think it means we won't see litigation," Toledo law professor and sports law expert Geoffrey Rapp said."

"It is not yet known if Sterling has even received a written notice of the Constitutional violation the league alleges he has committed. Article 13(a) states an owner may be terminated if he or she "willfully violates any provisions of the constitution ... or agreements of the Association."

I am guessing Silver and is very smart lawyers figured out what he violated before they started this process. But please tell me what a moron like you knows, that Silver doesn't. Silver has a law degree, but maybe you know more than he does.

Please post the contract clause or NBA bylaws that specify an owner can be stripped of his ownership for saying unpopular things privately.

You've already proved in other threads you cannot read and make reasonable conclusions. IT isn't a stretch here you are simply making this up.

Its already been posted.

Wrong.

Pwned again. Are you suicidal yet because you are a total zero?

Just posted it again, since you are such a moron. Please stop posting now.

The owners can vote to deny the sale of a team to anyone they don't want as owner, similar to the NFL when they denied a sale of a team to Rush Limbaugh, but in Sterling's case he already owns the team.

And they can also vote Sterling out, your point?

I guess he could keep his team, but they wouldn't be apart of the NBA and would have no one to play... But you get the point.

No, they cannot vote him out just because they dont like him or what he said was unpopular. It doesnt work that way. The two cases are completely different.

Of course it works that way.

The NBA is a business, and Sterling's comments hurt their bottom line - so out the door he goes.

Its already been posted.

Wrong.
Sure it has...but you can never be wrong, never retreat..Once again on the wrong side of the argument

Sterling should have been careful about two things. One, the contracts he signed, it's all legal, and two, his actual thoughts on the race of those who make him the big bucks, who he'd so easily call *******.

What if Donald Sterling actually DOES love Black men, but is constantly feeling inferior to them and THAT is why he didn't want V. Stiviano to be seen with Magic or any other rather well endowed Black men.

He loves them but he also resents their gifts.

Gifts Donald wasn't blessed with.

He could be a friend to the African American community yet still have his issues with big, younger, athletic guys with big schlongs , who he befriends but envies.

What Sterling "really thinks" about Black people is entirely irrelevant.
It would be, if he hadn't been taped, and that made public. That does tend to make a difference.

Sterling should have been careful about two things. One, the contracts he signed, it's all legal, and two, his actual thoughts on the race of those who make him the big bucks, who he'd so easily call *******.

What if Donald Sterling actually DOES love Black men, but is constantly feeling inferior to them and THAT is why he didn't want V. Stiviano to be seen with Magic or any other rather well endowed Black men.

He could be a friend to the African American community yet still have his issues with big, younger, athletic guys with big schlongs , who he befriends but envies.

Particularly so when all you want is to cleanse America of anything that isn't politically correct speech and thought.

Remind me, Doc.

What was the lesson of Mao's cultural revolution?

"Lawyers with expertise in sports law gave Sterling little chance of successfully suing the NBA to block a forced sale, citing league governance rules that all owners must accept."
NBA sets wheels turning for Clippers sale; Oprah in wings

Not sure if good source, but like I said, I am guessing Silver knew what he was doing.

Notice the other owners are actually hesitant about setting this precedent. They wont say so publicly but you can bet behind closed doors they are looking for a way out.
I tend to think Sterling will win out one way or another. The NBA's case is very weak. What's next? Someone critizes Obama and the NBA strips him of ownership? It's a slippery slope.

I can pretty much guarantee you there are NBA owners who think what's happening is way too draconian. However, there is no way they can be seen publicly as not demanding Sterling's head on a pike. They must go along, or they are completely screwed.
The climate we now live in will destroy everything in it's path if you don't conform.

You are the ignoramus. The NBA has every right to decide who represents them. They are the Franchisor, they hold the strings, and you would be stupid if you thought they didn't have a contract on what their rights are.

How do you think they can block sales and ban players, or on this case owners. Silver is a hell of a lot smarter than you, and I am sure the NBA had quite a bit of lawyers. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Your posts are a waste of time, due tongue lack of knowledge on something so basic.

In your eyes, a complete partisan moron.

But since you are such a moron and can't figure out for yourself the NBA has the right, which is pretty obvious by Silver's actions. Silver who is a lot smarter than you, and has quite a bit more lawyers.

"If three-fourths of the NBA's owners vote to terminate Sterling's ownership, article 14(j) under 'Procedure for Termination' in the NBA's constitution states, "The decisions of the Association made in accordance with the foregoing procedure shall be final, binding, and conclusive, and each Member and Owner waives any and all recourse to any court of law to review any such decision."

Can Donald Sterling best thorough NBA constitution?

"That doesn't prevent Sterling from going to court, but the clause "does set up a barrier to Sterling successfully challenging a decision by the owners to strip him of his team, but I don't think it means we won't see litigation," Toledo law professor and sports law expert Geoffrey Rapp said."

"It is not yet known if Sterling has even received a written notice of the Constitutional violation the league alleges he has committed. Article 13(a) states an owner may be terminated if he or she "willfully violates any provisions of the constitution ... or agreements of the Association."

I am guessing Silver and is very smart lawyers figured out what he violated before they started this process. But please tell me what a moron like you knows, that Silver doesn't. Silver has a law degree, but maybe you know more than he does.

Again proving you cannot read and cannot understand.
They cannot strip his ownership just because 3/4ths of the league owners don't like him. He has to have done something. They would have show actual damage. And I dont believe they can.
Sterling is an old succesful businessman who has won his share of court cases. You keep going back to "Silver must know what he's doing." That's a total fallacy. Sterling has access to the best lawyers on the planet probably.

The owners can vote to deny the sale of a team to anyone they don't want as owner, similar to the NFL when they denied a sale of a team to Rush Limbaugh, but in Sterling's case he already owns the team.

I guess he could keep his team, but they wouldn't be apart of the NBA and would have no one to play... But you get the point.

No, they cannot vote him out just because they dont like him or what he said was unpopular. It doesnt work that way. The two cases are completely different.

They are different, but both are covered in the By Laws, moron. Of course you are too stupid to get the point I was making.
Please stop posting now. If you can ask another poster to stop posting for being stupid, I feel you should show the same courtesy when acting like a moron.

Particularly so when all you want is to cleanse America of anything that isn't politically correct speech and thought.

Remind me, Doc.

What was the lesson of Mao's cultural revolution?

That morons will use it to make wildly inaccurate analogies for the rest of time?

What does anything you've posted have to do with anything I've said?

It would be, if he hadn't been taped, and that made public. That does tend to make a difference.

The tape is relevant, because it was released.

Sterling's secret inner feelings are not relevant to anyone other than him, though. I was responding to Mojo's weird post about how he might actually like Black people, secretly.

He owns a franchise, it's subject to different laws etc.. The NBA has every right to decide who they allow to own a franchise. Prime example of this, is them denying the sale of the Kings last year.

Silver says legally the owners can vote him out for what he said. I'm not sure if that is the case, but either way I don't believe it's feasable for him to remain owner if the players union doesn't want him and the other owners are against him, not to mention all the sponsors prepaired to leave if he stays.

The NBA is a business, and Sterling's comments hurt their bottom line - so out the door he goes.
Proof it hurt their bottom line? When a team loses consistently that also hurts their bottom line. Do they strip ownership then too?
The clauses mentioned are there in case the owner screws the team members out of money or similar scenarios. The NBA is trying to apply it to making unpopular statements in private illegally recorded. It's a big stretch. I'd like to see a judge consider it.
Sterling could easily decide, Screw it. He bought the team for 13M or whatever and now it's worth 800M and if they offer him 900M he'll take it rather than fight. I dont know him so don't know how he rolls.

They are different, but both are covered in the By Laws, moron. Of course you are too stupid to get the point I was making.
Please stop posting now. If you can ask another poster to stop posting for being stupid, I feel you should show the same courtesy when acting like a moron.

Throwing insults. A sure sign you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I'm done with you. You haven't provided anything except your guesses and feelings.

Proof it hurt their bottom line? When a team loses consistently that also hurts their bottom line. Do they strip ownership then too?
The clauses mentioned are there in case the owner screws the team members out of money or similar scenarios. The NBA is trying to apply it to making unpopular statements in private illegally recorded. It's a big stretch. I'd like to see a judge consider it.
Sterling could easily decide, Screw it. He bought the team for 13M or whatever and now it's worth 800M and if they offer him 900M he'll take it rather than fight. I dont know him so don't know how he rolls.

You're joking, right?

Sponsors are still leaving the Clippers in droves, even with Sterling banned for life.

The tape is relevant, because it was released.

Sterling's secret inner feelings are not relevant to anyone other than him, though. I was responding to Mojo's weird post about how he might actually like Black people, secretly.
Yes I know. I was adding context. He could love the *******, it hardly matters now, since the damage is done.

Silver says legally the owners can vote him out for what he said. I'm not sure if that is the case, but either way I don't believe it's feasable for him to remain owner if the players union doesn't want him and the other owners are against him, not to mention all the sponsors prepaired to leave if he stays.

Of course Silver says that. What else is he going to say?
As I said, people say lots of stuff until their paycheck is threateened. I suspect they will work out a face saving solution where everyone comes out OK. Probably leaving Sterling's wife as owner and rescinding the fine in exchange for a lifetime ban on Sterling in the NBA.

Throwing insults. A sure sign you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I'm done with you. You haven't provided anything except your guesses and feelings.

Wrong.

:lol:

You're joking, right?

Sponsors are still leaving the Clippers in droves, even with Sterling banned for life.

Sponsors leave all the time. Do they strip ownership in those cases?

Wrong.

:lol:

Still looking for that clause that allows the NBA to strip an owner because he's said things that weren't PC.
When you find it, post it.

Forum List

Back