Mark Levin and Donald Sterling

Please post the contract clause or NBA bylaws that specify an owner can be stripped of his ownership for saying unpopular things privately.

You've already proved in other threads you cannot read and make reasonable conclusions. IT isn't a stretch here you are simply making this up.

In your eyes, a complete partisan moron.

But since you are such a moron and can't figure out for yourself the NBA has the right, which is pretty obvious by Silver's actions. Silver who is a lot smarter than you, and has quite a bit more lawyers.

"If three-fourths of the NBA's owners vote to terminate Sterling's ownership, article 14(j) under 'Procedure for Termination' in the NBA's constitution states, "The decisions of the Association made in accordance with the foregoing procedure shall be final, binding, and conclusive, and each Member and Owner waives any and all recourse to any court of law to review any such decision."

Can Donald Sterling best thorough NBA constitution?

"That doesn't prevent Sterling from going to court, but the clause "does set up a barrier to Sterling successfully challenging a decision by the owners to strip him of his team, but I don't think it means we won't see litigation," Toledo law professor and sports law expert Geoffrey Rapp said."

"It is not yet known if Sterling has even received a written notice of the Constitutional violation the league alleges he has committed. Article 13(a) states an owner may be terminated if he or she "willfully violates any provisions of the constitution ... or agreements of the Association."

I am guessing Silver and is very smart lawyers figured out what he violated before they started this process. But please tell me what a moron like you knows, that Silver doesn't. Silver has a law degree, but maybe you know more than he does.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Again proving you cannot read and cannot understand.

They cannot strip his ownership just because 3/4ths of the league owners don't like him. He has to have done something. They would have show actual damage. And I dont believe they can.

Sterling is an old succesful businessman who has won his share of court cases. You keep going back to "Silver must know what he's doing." That's a total fallacy. Sterling has access to the best lawyers on the planet probably.

Are you that big of an idiot? Seriously?
Really?

And they can also vote Sterling out, your point?

I guess he could keep his team, but they wouldn't be apart of the NBA and would have no one to play... But you get the point.

Silver says legally the owners can vote him out for what he said. I'm not sure if that is the case, but either way I don't believe it's feasable for him to remain owner if the players union doesn't want him and the other owners are against him, not to mention all the sponsors prepaired to leave if he stays.

Of course Silver says that. What else is he going to say?
As I said, people say lots of stuff until their paycheck is threateened. I suspect they will work out a face saving solution where everyone comes out OK. Probably leaving Sterling's wife as owner and rescinding the fine in exchange for a lifetime ban on Sterling in the NBA.

Sterling's wife is not a majority owner though. For her to become one all the other owners have to approve the sale of the team to her. Silver and the players association said that won't happen.

No, they cannot vote him out just because they dont like him or what he said was unpopular. It doesnt work that way. The two cases are completely different.

They are different, but both are covered in the By Laws, moron. Of course you are too stupid to get the point I was making.

Please stop posting now. If you can ask another poster to stop posting for being stupid, I feel you should show the same courtesy when acting like a moron.

Throwing insults. A sure sign you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I'm done with you. You haven't provided anything except your guesses and feelings.

So since you threw the first insult you obviously don't have any idea what you are talking about.
I have provided links to back up my point, you have only provided insults.

Throwing insults. A sure sign you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I'm done with you. You haven't provided anything except your guesses and feelings.

Wrong.
Pwned again. Are you suicidal yet because you are a total zero?

:lol:

Still looking for that clause that allows the NBA to strip an owner because he's said things that weren't PC.
When you find it, post it.

Since I don't have a copy of his contract, that would be pretty hard, wouldn't it?

I'm guessing you just don't really have that much business experience, otherwise you'd realize that morals clauses exist in almost any large-scale contracts like this.

Silver says legally the owners can vote him out for what he said. I'm not sure if that is the case, but either way I don't believe it's feasable for him to remain owner if the players union doesn't want him and the other owners are against him, not to mention all the sponsors prepaired to leave if he stays.

As I said, people say lots of stuff until their paycheck is threateened. I suspect they will work out a face saving solution where everyone comes out OK. Probably leaving Sterling's wife as owner and rescinding the fine in exchange for a lifetime ban on Sterling in the NBA.

Sterling's wife is not a majority owner though. For her to become one all the other owners have to approve the sale of the team to her. Silver and the players association said that won't happen.

Also, I believe if he is voted out they are all voted out. It would force a sale of the team.
That is what I am hoping for. It's a long shot, but I want my sonics back.

Still looking for that clause that allows the NBA to strip an owner because he's said things that weren't PC.

Since I don't have a copy of his contract, that would be pretty hard, wouldn't it?

I'm guessing you just don't really have that much business experience, otherwise you'd realize that morals clauses exist in almost any large-scale contracts like this.

I think a high school student could figure that out. ;)

OK, so you admit you are merely talking out of your ass. You have no idea what clauses his contract contains. You have no idea what the NBA bylaws say.
At least we got that out of the way. You are merely an ass talker.

I think a high school student could figure that out. ;)

You're a high school student? That explains your posts.

Also, I believe if he is voted out they are all voted out. It would force a sale of the team.
That is what I am hoping for. It's a long shot, but I want my sonics back.

She has a separate stake in the team. She did nothing wrong. They can't force her to sell the shares she already owns.

None of them.

But I have no doubt there's a clause that says if he does anything that reflects badly on the NBA he'd be forced to sell.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. He wasn't forced to sell because of what he said - he was forced to sell because what he said got released to the public.

He was forced to sell because the negative publicity reflected poorly on the NBA. Simple as that.
Please cite that clause and where it appears.

There is none. If there were any owner arrested for drunk driving or sued in the course of business could have his ownership stripped. Since the owners tend to be successful business owners with other interests not a single one would sign something like that. Also, see the quotation I posted above.

Under the NBA constitution, if three-fourths of the board finds an accused owner guilty of conduct warranting termination, it is the membership of the team (which the constitution calls a "member") in which the guilty owner has an interest that "shall automatically be terminated." The team may remain in the league if two-thirds of the governors "vote instead to terminate the ownership interest of the guilty owner" or vote to impose a fine instead of termination of any kind.

The L.A. Clippers and Mrs. Sterling?NBA?ommentary

Since the owners own the sandbox, they get to decide who plays in it. Basically the same type of new country you guys want to set up everytime you've lost an election lately.

The league (though the owners vote) does in fact have full authority to remove an owner from one of their member teams.

Please cite that clause and where it appears.

There is none. If there were any owner arrested for drunk driving or sued in the course of business could have his ownership stripped. Since the owners tend to be successful business owners with other interests not a single one would sign something like that. Also, see the quotation I posted above.

Under the NBA constitution, if three-fourths of the board finds an accused owner guilty of conduct warranting termination, it is the membership of the team (which the constitution calls a "member") in which the guilty owner has an interest that "shall automatically be terminated." The team may remain in the league if two-thirds of the governors "vote instead to terminate the ownership interest of the guilty owner" or vote to impose a fine instead of termination of any kind.

Since the owners own the sandbox, they get to decide who plays in it. Basically the same type of new country you guys want to set up everytime you've lost an election lately.

The league (though the owners vote) does in fact have full authority to remove an owner from one of their member teams.

Proof?
That cannot do so without cause. Saying unpopular things in your own home is hardly cause.

OK, so you admit you are merely talking out of your ass. You have no idea what clauses his contract contains. You have no idea what the NBA bylaws say.

Well, I do have a pretty good idea what his contract contains, because 1.) There's been a morals clause in nearly every public contract I've ever signed, 2.) the NBA has said, repeatedly, that his contract has a morals clause, and 3.) it would ludicrous for the NBA to NOT have a morals clause in it's contracts.

Well, I do have a pretty good idea what his contract contains, because 1.) There's been a morals clause in nearly every public contract I've ever signed, 2.) the NBA has said, repeatedly, that his contract has a morals clause, and 3.) it would ludicrous for the NBA to NOT have a morals clause in it's contracts.

So your ass is still talking. We get it.
What is a "morals clause"? When is it invoked? Is it immoral to express an opinion in one's house? What is the verbiage of the NBA's "morals clause"?
You have nothing but opinion. And you know what they say about it.

Proof?
That cannot do so without cause. Saying unpopular things in your own home is hardly cause.

You keep complaining that others are "talking out of their asses", and yet you making these outlandish claims with nothing to back them up.

Add that to your admonishing of other posters insulting you after you had just insulted them two posts before, and you're really racking up the hypocrisy points this evening.

Proof?

You keep complaining that others are "talking out of their asses", and yet you making these outlandish claims with nothing to back them up.

Add that to your admonishing of other posters insulting you after you had just insulted them two posts before, and you're really racking up the hypocrisy points this evening.

Yeah but the burden is on you to prove that they can vote him out for him having a privet conversation.

Proof?

I am pointing out that others are making claims with no evidence at all.
Please post the text of the morals clause in the NBA contract. Surely you can do that, right?
Oh wait. First you admitted you didnt have access to it. Then you stated you were pretty sure what it contained.
Is that hypocrisy, lying or mere stupidity?

The more I have thought about it, the more I think the NBA should just let the market play it's self out.

The NBA makes him sell the team, he will get $750 million.

If they let the market play it out, advertisers would pull advertising money, the best free agents would go else where, his audience would leave and the value of the team would plummet.

He is a money man and would realize he is losing money and he would sell for a lot less. Maybe for a third of what he would have gotten.

So your ass is still talking. We get it.
What is a "morals clause"? When is it invoked? Is it immoral to express an opinion in one's house? What is the verbiage of the NBA's "morals clause"?
You have nothing but opinion. And you know what they say about it.

A "morals clause" isn't about "morals". It is exactly what I posted earlier in the thread - a clause in the contract that will either void the contract or trigger another clause in the case of the signer doing something that reflects badly on another party to the contract.

It is "invoked" when the other parties to the contract want to.

The "morality" of Sterling's remarks is irrelevant, and not part of the "morals clause".

I don't know, but morals clauses are boilerplate.

Proof?

According to CNBC, it's in the NBA constitution.

The owners decide if cause exists and if a supermajority deems it detrimental to the league, it can suspend that member's (what they call the teams) ownership group. This is what each owner signs up for when he/she buys a team.

There isn't any debate about this; it's the case. This is how the NFL avoided having Rush Limbaugh as one of their owners; how you don't end up with Donald Trump owning teams, etc... It's a settled matter (was settled 3 pages ago). You're wrong; as always. Now please hurl the insults.

What would be most interesting than your anger at being proven wrong again is if there was some announcer or mascot or someone who belongs to a team....if the league could fire that person outside of the member-team's purview?

The more I have thought about it, the more I think the NBA should just let the market play it's self out.

The NBA makes him sell the team, he will get $750 million.

If they let the market play it out, advertisers would pull advertising money, the best free agents would go else where, his audience would leave and the value of the team would plummet.

He is a money man and would realize he is losing money and he would sell for a lot less. Maybe for a third of what he would have gotten.

Do you think the NBA wants the value of one of their teams to plummet?

Forum List

Back