Mark Meadows’s irrelevant memories about whether Trump declassified documents: The President declassified the documents by taking the documents.

It is not as easy as Trump waving his hands and saying……everything I possess is now declassified

Someone would have to take action to identify the classified information and declassify it.

It is not just Trumps copy of a document that becomes declassified but every copy of that document and the specific information it contains.

More importantly
Why would someone who has the responsibility of securing our nation and keep it safe universally declassify a stack of documents without consulting experts on the potential impact of the reclassification?
Wrong.

I don’t think Trump would be sent to a normal prison.
Nonviolent crime, first offender I think he would be confined in some type of house arrest without an ankle bracelet

I don’t think playing golf at Mara Lago would qualify.
Biden, Garland and Weiss will be the ones going to prison, moron.

First, the president is at the top and can order a declassification, per document....he does rule, and all others, have to follow his order of declassification for that document, including the agency that classified it in the first place....

and all agencies that hold that once top secret document must have notification of the president's order to fulfill the presidential order....and so that all agents and operatives and other Nations that may be involved know what the president had ordered, a declassification and how to prepare for the release of newly declassified document, to the public, including our enemies, through FOIA requests.

The key here, is the President has to order it, in a directive, so that the agencies can act on his order.

Regardless of what Kash Patel claims now....has to be shown to have taken place, with an Order directive, from the President. There is no such order.

The prosecution also has Meadows, his chief of staff, who would be the person in the know, said that never took place.

And the prosecution has an incident with other papers Trump wanted to have declassified, with him following the proper procedures for the president.... Impatiently waiting for the declassification process to work through the government system of declassification.

If he believed he could just take those documents home with him, and they would automatically be declassified, HE WOULD HAVE DONE SUCH, to expedite it.

Also, the prosecution has Trump on tape, speaking about the top secret Iran document to those Meadow's book writers, saying it was not declassified and he could not declassify it now, because he was no longer President.

WELL HOT DAMN! Tell us old wise one....

If trump had A STANDARD ORDER that anything from the SCIF, that went home with him was automatically declassified as Patel has claimed, then WHY OH WHY did Trump say the Iran document, taken home with him, had not been declassified?
You're making this up from whole cloth. You can't prove a word of it.

You're making this up from whole cloth. You can't prove a word of it.
Well, hide and watch! The prosecution claims to have all of this evidence, we've seen and heard a lot of it, and they have some additional evidence that has never been reported on..... You can bet on it!

It is not as easy as Trump waving his hands and saying……everything I possess is now declassified

You’re right. In fact it’s even easier. He doesn’t have to waive his hands.
Someone would have to take action to identify the classified information and declassify it.
Nope. That may follow. In fact, in most cases, it does follow. . But isn’t a rule binding on the President.
It is not just Trumps copy of a document that becomes declassified but every copy of that document and the specific information it contains.
Correct.
More importantly
Why would someone who has the responsibility of securing our nation and keep it safe universally declassify a stack of documents without consulting experts on the potential impact of the reclassification?
“More importantly?” Nothing you spewed is important. The question is not why he did what he did. The question is whether he did it, as Kash Patel has said he did. If he did it, the why is irrelevant.

You can belabor your complaint and challenge the smarts of doing it. Your complaint wouldn’t erase the act of the President.

You’re right. In fact it’s even easier. He doesn’t have to waive his hands.

Nope. That may follow. In fact, in most cases, it does follow. . But isn’t a rule binding on the President.

Correct.

“More importantly?” Nothing you spewed is important. The question is not why he did what he did. The question is whether he did it, as Kash Patel has said he did. If he did it, the why is irrelevant.

You can belabor your complaint and challenge the smarts of doing it. Your complaint wouldn’t erase the act of the President.

Thus is the quandary for Trump
The court will not buy the “I declassified in my mind”

He will have to show that he gave an order to declassify and someone failed to follow orders. Good luck with that

He will also need to be more specific than….I declassified 100 boxes of assorted records.

Just a warning……Trumps lawyers will not even try it.
They don’t want to be embarrassed in court

He will have to show that he gave an order to declassify and someone failed to follow orders. Good luck with that

He will also need to be more specific than….I declassified 100 boxes of assorted records.

The court is who established that standard, moron.

I don’t believe that’s his contention anyway. Never was. He merely said that he “could;” not that he “had.”
Wrong. ALL he will have to do have Kash testify that the President had directed that the documents were now declassified.
Not a problem.
Why? Because that’s what you think is needed?

Just a reply: you’re full of shit. Of course they will call Patel unless they have an alternative method of establishing that Trump had said the magic words. It doesn’t have to be Kash. It absolutely won’t be Trump. Whoever gets it on the record, though, once it is attested to, the ground rules change.

Suddenly it will be the obligation of the “Special” Counsel to “disprove” it beyond a reasonable doubt. He will need more than luck.

I don’t believe that’s his contention anyway. Never was. He merely said that he “could;” not that he “had.”

Wrong. ALL he will have to do have Kash testify that the President had directed that the documents were now declassified.
Not a problem.

Why? Because that’s what you think is needed?

Just a reply: you’re full of shit. Of course they will call Patel unless they have an alternative method of establishing that Trump had said the magic words. It doesn’t have to be Kash. It absolutely won’t be Trump. Whoever gets it on the record, though, once it is attested to, the ground rules change.

Suddenly it will be the obligation of the “Special” Counsel to “disprove” it beyond a reasonable doubt. He will need more than luck.

Poor Kash Patel will be ripped apart if he tries that shit in court

When did Trump give that order?
What specifically was said by Trump?
Who else was present?
Why wasn’t such an important order documented?
Why didn’t you do anything?

He merely said that he “could;” not that he “had.”
He’s said a lot of things, but not always in court.

He claimed there was a “standing order” to declassify things removed from the White House.

There seems to be no one able to confirm this, and we would expect numerous people to have knowledge of such an order, especially his Chief of Staff.

This statement can be used against him, as if the DoJ can show he lied about this, it may show a consciousness of guilt.

Poor Kash Patel will be ripped apart if he tries that shit in court

Lol. Sure. Sure. :itsok:
When did Trump give that order?
What specifically was said by Trump?
Who else was present?
Why wasn’t such an important order documented?
Why didn’t you do anything?
Zzz. Leftwhiner is now a genius concerning obvious lines of cross examination. Big fucking deal.

I really think he only took em because it gave him a feeling of still being president. I don't think that Trump can successfully articulate why he took em.
Here is one thing you can be certain on. Whatever he took, he figured he could make money off that information, in the future.

He put people at risk having that shit laying around in boxes at Mara Lago.

Talk about working with a foreign agent. Who is this guy Trump trusts with these classified documents?

Carlos De Oliveira

Sounds like a foreign agent to me. Maybe not China but is Mexico any better?

Who's the other foreign agent working for Trump that had access to this stuff?

Yuscil Taveras

Sounds like a foreigner to me. Funny Trump doesn't trust Mexican judges but he trusts Mexican IT guys with top secret classified documents.

Does anyone think Mexico isn't spying on us too?

Lol. Sure. Sure. :itsok:

Zzz. Leftwhiner is now a genius concerning obvious lines of cross examination. Big fucking deal.
Yes it is a Big Fucking Deal if that is the backbone of his defense

It will quickly fall apart in cross examination.
That is why Trumps lawyers will not even raise it

The backbone of his defense is that there are no real crimes listed in the indictment. Trump exercised his First Amendment rights, and that's not a crime.

Nah. It may seem so to you, but that’s just your ignorance in display.

Also, who said it was the backbone of his defense. It’s just one facet and it will seriously fuck up Smith’s persecution efforts. (At least if the judge is concerned more with the law than with politics.)
You wish. It won’t. You’re wrong.
Of course they will.

Forum List

Back