🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan to donate 99 percent of their Facebook fortune

If he wanted to give 99% of his money away while he was alive he could. All he has to do is donate it to charities he doesn't own.
Then he would still get the appropriate tax deductions.

By donating to his own charity, he has more control over where the money ultimately goes.

I don't think that's exactly a bad idea. It's his money.

But if he gave that money to charities other than the one he owns he wouldn't be able to use the money he got the tax break on for his own private jet and globetrotting would he?
That wouldn't be good. Do you have evidence of that?

Are you that naive?

The clintons use their foundation for the same thing sure they throw a few scraps to the peasants but they benefit far more

and time will tell about Zuckerberg but he's no different than anyone else his "charity" will have a private jet, cars and fancy hotel suites as expenses

I'll put money on it
The same could be said of any wealthy person of any political ideology.

If he wanted to give 99% of his money away while he was alive he could. All he has to do is donate it to charities he doesn't own.

By donating to his own charity, he has more control over where the money ultimately goes.

But if he gave that money to charities other than the one he owns he wouldn't be able to use the money he got the tax break on for his own private jet and globetrotting would he?

Are you that naive?

The clintons use their foundation for the same thing sure they throw a few scraps to the peasants but they benefit far more

and time will tell about Zuckerberg but he's no different than anyone else his "charity" will have a private jet, cars and fancy hotel suites as expenses

I'll put money on it

Where have I ever mentioned political ideology

That's your hang up not mine

I guess he could do that but the jet would still be property of the trust. Sure, it is possible that he could use this initiative for all kinds of nefarious things. It doesn't seem likely to me considering the interest off the one percent he is retaining is enough to keep the Zuckerberg family wealthy for generations to come.

Anyone who would give away thst amount and percentage of their wealth needs a serious mental health exam, regardless of whether it's for charity or a tax dodge.

Are you that naive?

I'll put money on it

It doesn't matter.

I'm not worrying about stuff at that level. If he wants to fly around in a jet, no skin off my nose.

If he wants to claim tax deductions, great, that's what they're for.

If he's donating billions to help people gain more and better access to technology, good on him.

Are you that naive?

I'll put money on it

It doesn't matter.

I'm not worrying about stuff at that level. If he wants to fly around in a jet, no skin off my nose.

If he wants to claim tax deductions, great, that's what they're for.

If he's donating billions to help people gain more and better access to technology, good on him.

I'm saying those people will not see billions because he will spending it all via his so called charity.

Forum List

Back